4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 394 Intern Reviews)

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship
Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

A great, fun and interesting place to improve personal and leadership skills while using and learning diverse technical skills.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working with the people in a great fun atmosphere. You get to learn a lot about your team from a personal standpoint. I also really enjoyed how much KPMG focuses on us and our potential future. Lastly, KPMG really tries to make the work experience as great as possible.

At some points throughout the internship, it becomes impossible to improve because of lack of direction. You are given tasks, which you complete to the best of your ability. The performance management process seems as though some people are achieving better results but it is impossible to improve.

I would advise all interns to keep their mind open, take initiative and focus on the team and leadership as much as possible. Networking and professionalism is also extremely important throughout the entire process.

Advice to Management

A clearer performance management process would be better to at least understand what is required of us to improve and gain promotions. Also, small employee lifestyle improvements throughout the day are a great experience enhancer. I really enjoyed the attention we were given in training but once we started working and there on forward, it seems as though we are all just a pool of employees.

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.
Miami, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

KPMG for the win

The people I worked with

I enjoyed every aspect

KPMG is a very personable company and truly wants to help their client and employees in the business world

Beneficial internship experience leading to full time position in a thriving industry
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to work in a specialized group

being assigned tasks/duties instead of having a more active responsibliity

KPMG has the reputation of a big 4 firm without the stigma's attached to them; that they overwork their young employees. Here, it's all about work/life balance and you still maintain the opportunities you would have with the rest of the big 4

The best place to learn, lead, and launch a successful career in public accounting!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the location (Heart of the City), the people (staff thru partner), learning experiences (training/shadowing/project assignments), clientale of the firm, and the networking opportunities. These were all integral parts of my internship that allowed me to have the most prodcutive summer in college thus far. From the moment I started to my final day I was treated as an equal to the firm, and from that came a multitude of excellent benefits both in and outside of the workplace. They really invested in my future and my career by exposing me to a number of different opportunities and giving ME the right to CHOOSE which was best for me. Overall there is not one thing I could have done differently, and I do not regret one bit, making them my choice to intern over the summer.

The only con that I can think of was that I wished I could have began my internship earlier in the summer, to have allowed me to stay longer.

Based on my experience, the best advice would be to come in with a blank slate. Making sure to always carry an open mind to new opportunities, event participation, maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude, and voicing your interests or concerns. They will provide every resource they have to you as intern to become successful and all you have to do is show up, stay dedicated, and work hard.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management would be to work on diversity in specific offices. It would be nice to see more minorities at each level of firm employment; staff-partner. This would boost the internship/employment experience even more! I had a great experience as a minority and I know more would make it even better.

Great Insight into Big 4
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

on the job training, did actual first year associate work, was valued

the commute and some of the hours (but that goes along with the position and is no reflection of KPMG)

be yourself, enjoy the experience and learn as much as you can

Accelerate your life
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I feel the best aspect of the internship was being surrounded by people that wanted to help me learn!

I don't really feel anything about the internship made me upset. More meat with breakfast?

Don't psyche yourself out and show up ready to be a sponge. KPMG can make anyone extraordinary as long as they are willing to put in the effort.

Advice to Management

I don't feel that I have enough experience/wisdom to provide an appropriate response as I was only with KPMG for a 2 month internship.

Real life work experience in a team environment
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people of the company. I loved all the people I worked with and how the company worked to make the long hours of busy season not as dull through certain company wide perks. Also they did a great job of having the interns get to know each other and help out in the community through our community service week.

That I didn't get to work with any other interns on my clients. It would have been nice to have people that were in the same position as me to work with.

Auditors work long hours so make sure you pick the company with the people you feel most comfortable around. If you don't mesh with your teams, the work could get monotonous.

Advice to Management

I feel as though compensation around the board at the big 4 accounting firms should be higher. Most employees have a masters degree and extra schooling so it seems like compensation should be adjusted upwards to compensate for the extra schooling.

"Love where you work!"
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people made the experience truly rewarding and enjoyable.

There is not one aspect of the internship that I would change. It was a great experience.

Make connections with as many people as possible! You may form great friendships with your future co-workers!