4.5 of 5 stars (1,334 Ratings)

Intern at KPMG Internship Program? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,334 Intern Reviews

Internship Experience

Chicago, IL | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

KPMG Chicago has a lot of perks as an intern. The memorable moments continued throughout the internship as you developed personally and professionally. Some of the memories I've created reside in Orlando, FL where all intern from around the U.S. gather to learn and grow together. More specifically, in Chicago, we went to several Cubs games, participated in a big 4 kickball tournament, hosted the Women's PGA, and mused around the amazing city.

Some of the worst aspects of my internship took place when I was put into a service line that I had very little knowledge about. It was not by choice, however, it was out of the kindness of a recruiter who had an idea about the area I had an interest in. Nevertheless, my transition into the service line was not an easy one as my co-workers where not the friendliest at first. As an intern, I was the one who hand to go above and beyond for others to interact with me and I felt excluded to a degree.

Comments

Keep an open mind and do not be afraid to speak up when you feel something is not right.

KPMG Tax Intern

Hartford, CT | August 2017 | CURRENT INTERN

Hands on experience engaging in associate level work. No task was meaningless as I was treated with respect.

Windows 10. All interns were given Windows 10 laptops which did not function properly with the Tax Software.

Comments

Show up to work on time, always have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and you'll be set for an incredible career at KPMG. A company's biggest asset is their staff, and for KPMG, its their biggest strength. KPMG pours incredible amounts of money into their hiring, training, and employee benefits programs to insure that they have not only the most qualified, but also the happiest employees. Being a part of KPMG is the greatest thing you could do for your accounting career.

Great

Los Angeles, CA | May 2017 | FORMER INTERN

KPMG is ranked top for most formal training for a reason. A chance to travel and learn amongst intellectual peers

Long hours although it did come with more pay for interns

Comments

Keep a positive attitude and be prepared to work very late

KPMG Federal Tax Intern

New Orleans, LA | December 2016 | FORMER INTERN

KPMG invests a lot of time and money into each employee (even their interns). They fly everyone to Orlando for a week of training which was very beneficial and fun.

The actual work can be mind numbing so make sure this is something you are really interested in.

Comments

The employees at KPMG are all extremely intelligent and work working.

KPMG Summer Internship

Short Hills, NJ | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Doing real client work, seeing and doing what accountants do daily.
The people at KPMG are really nice, friendly and VERY helpful. working on many different engagements.

Having to work long hours. not having a set schedule, and not knowing what you are going to be doing next.

Comments

Tax is a great staring point, although most people think they must begin with audit. KPMG gives you all the tools you need to do the job the best way possible. you will come out of the internship knowing quite a lot, and you will get a very clear picture of what your future will look like.

An informative and exciting foray into the world of accounting.

Harrisburg, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The strong sense of community within the department has been fantastic. This is also not a "coffee-getting" internship, as I'm doing the exact same work that regular, ground-level associates do here as well. I also got to travel to Orlando (all expenses paid) for a week of training along with the other interns all around the nation.

There was a bit more down-time than I expected. On occasion, I would have to ask multiple supervisors to have them come up with work for me to help with.

You will have a lot of new terminology and software applications thrown at you within the first two weeks of the internship. While corporate-level accounting/ auditing may sound intimidating at first, keep making sure to ask questions and being proactive in this way makes things manageable and smoother.

Advice to Management

I hate to say it, but I genuinely cannot think of any real improvements on this internship. This has been an amazing experience through and through.

"Will you have the required 150-credit hours needed to sit for the Pennsylvania CPA exam when you graduate?"

"Have you taken any accounting courses with auditing and tax as a focus?"

Interns Gain Valuable Experience Through Real Client Work on a Daily Basis

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the other interns and full time staff was one of the best aspects of the internships.

I would have enjoyed a longer internship! Maybe 10 weeks instead of 8 weeks.

Ask questions and be willing to go outside of your comfort zone.

Opening Up A New Light and Life in Accounting

Saint Louis, MO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great People

Great Hours

Great Training

Diversity

It wasn't long enough

Be ready to learn and have a open mind. Stay positive and you will succeed

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for diversity, it means a lot to know you all are trying.

Busy Season Interning

Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were the best part. Even though it was busy season, I enjoyed working the long hours because of my co-workers and I learned so much that I felt it was such a beneficial experience.

The hours were incredibly long but that is because it was busy season. The firm compensates by giving lots of vacation time so I am willing to put in extra work when it is busy season because I enjoy the work and the people.

I think KPMG has an amazing culture and they are concerned with you as an individual, which is important when people are thinking of working in a large company.

Advice to Management

Concentrate a bit more on work life balance.

What do you think you can contribute? Why do you want to do an internship with KPMG?

Bring your best. Receive the best.

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm's culture was the best aspect of the internship.

I wish that I had more work at times.

I've interned at 3 different companies, but my experience at KPMG has been the best by far. I think KPMG is unique because of the culture and people. KPMG puts their employees first, which is unlike the other big companies. Everyone wants to help each other grow as an individual. Overall, there are several reputable companies to work for like KPMG; however, you will only enjoy your job if the company has a good culture and people so consider KPMG.

Advice to Management

Right now, most of our training consist of training videos. KPMG has one of the best training programs, but I feel that they could improve training even further by creating more job specific videos along with in person trainings.

Describe a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it?

How do you manage your time?