Intern at KPMG 2014 Internship? Submit a Review

Long hours but great experience

Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay

Great experience

Lots of potential for future employment

Great benefits

Long hours

Grunt work as an intern

The pros definitely outweight the cons.

KPMG takes good care of their employees

A great way to start your career.

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to different clients / work.

There wasn't always work to do.

Be open to whatever experience is available.

Rocky start. Smooth ending.

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects were the networking, flexibility, vareity, and the opportunities.

During onboarding, the instructions on how to use the systems were very vague. I thought they could have done a better job seperating the CMIs from the CSDs because not every process and system applied to both groups. Often times, CMIs were left confused and on their own.

Keep your GPA up and have a strong personal brand, meaning a strong resume, speech, and apprearance.

Advice to Management

Firstly, the intern handbook wasn't really helpful for CMIs. A lot of that information did not apply to us.During onboarding, I think it would be helpful to specifiy when something applies to just CSD interns. Most of the time, us CMIs were confused because we weren't sure what applied to us and what didn't. I would suggest a seperate onboarding session for CMIs. The little session we did have was not enough time. We had a lot of questions and a lot of information to cover that we just breezed through because of time.

Also, for National Intern Training- It would have been much better for all of the interns to arrive the night before. The Chicago interns were late because of a weather delay; that would have been prevented if we could have left the night before.

Working in the best workplace imaginable.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I was working with and the work culture that came with it.

It was a slow time of the year for the field (at least for my clients), so there was a lot of down time.

Do not think that the summer internship is how it is going to be all the time. Busy season is going to be an everyday grind, but definitely learn as much as you can in the summer so that you are more prepared for the busy season.

Advice to Management

Honestly, in my experience I can not think of anything that could have made my experience much better. They treated us as if we were one of them, and everyone that I met was kind and willing to help me learn.

Learning and Growing though experiences

Cincinnati, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The tasks were organized for what I needed to complete. The people were helpful and taught me many things throughout the process.

I wish I would have seem more parts of the audit process such as shadowing the work of others on the team in order to learn more.

The people within this organization truly care about you learning, growing and becoming successful. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Great culture, people, and overall work environment

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is down to earth, and they were all just like me. This made it easier for me to work

There is nothing that I can think of.

Make sure you look at all of your options, and when you do pick somewhere to work, make sure you invest yourself in the firm because they have invested in you.

High performance culture with emphasis on people network and training

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training is the best, allows you to learn in a classroom setting with 'classmates' from all over the nation. Helps to build up network. People in engagement teams are more than happy to teach you.

There might be some idle time as summer is non-busy season, and hence you are not experiencing the real hours. Some work might be pretty routine.

Training is unbeatable, lots of area for self-improvements and learning. You can network with other interns over the nation, and become good friends.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more guide on mentor-mentee relationships

KPMG: The best workplace for your career, your friendships, and your (future) family.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the amount of audit knowledge I was able to apply from a practical standpoint. Also, like previously mentioned, the people I worked with and interacted with were second to none.

I wish the internship was longer.

Advice to future or potential interns would be to spend as much time with your team as possible and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

From what I have seen in my short career, KPMG does everything right.

Best Internship Ever

Irvine, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given lots of real tax experience working on actual clients and was able to get a feel for what it would be like to work for KPMG full-time.

As an intern I was not always given complete instructions or sufficient documentation on an assignment .

KPMG is a great place where everybody wants you to succeed. So if you are willing to put forth the effort, then they will do everything they can to help you.

Work hard, play hard.

Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved working with all the engagement teams and forming relationships with people within the firm.

Some of the tasks were a little tedious.

Keep a positive attitude and accept all tasks presented to you. Meet lots of new people!!

Advice to Management

Management was great, no compliants!