Great Experience with Great People

I enjoyed the work given to me. I felt that it was applicable to my accounting classes.

I liked everything about this internship.

I think that learning about the company and what they stand for is important when evaluating this organization.

Advice to Management

I felt that the diversity definitely made me moer comfortable at work.

Date: 2013

An amazing experience to start building my career

Experience of the actual work, meeting with the team members, and great compensation.

Parking fee to go to the company's office, and a lot of driving to go to client's locations

Be proactive and involved in the students organization at campus and participate in a lot of career networking events.

Date: 2013

Not an internship, but a season as a true KPMG Employee. Great people, professional development, and client exposure.

Challenging work assigment Great Team ( like a family) Professional mentors at high levels ( partner/director met with me consistently) Training from national traning and senior associates

Would have liked more direct client interaction , but this is a budget concern

KPMG will give your more opporutunities than you can imagine. Remain positive, ask for feedback, and do all you can to learn more each day. Build strong relationships with your assigned mentors, and do not be afraid to voice your concerns. Be a student not only of KPMG, but also a student of the client and their business.

Advice to Management

Focus on increasing diversity and giving summer interns opportunities to do more volunteer work for the firm. Provide more training on client research.

The Ultimate Internship

Intern Events and Performance Management

Every aspect of it was great!

Have a positive attitude and be prepared to learn

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

Date: 2013

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

Date: 2013

Beneficial internship experience leading to full time position in a thriving industry

being able to work in a specialized group

being assigned tasks/duties instead of having a more active responsibliity

KPMG has the reputation of a big 4 firm without the stigma's attached to them; that they overwork their young employees. Here, it's all about work/life balance and you still maintain the opportunities you would have with the rest of the big 4

Date: 2013

The best place to learn, lead, and launch a successful career in public accounting!

The best aspects were the location (Heart of the City), the people (staff thru partner), learning experiences (training/shadowing/project assignments), clientale of the firm, and the networking opportunities. These were all integral parts of my internship that allowed me to have the most prodcutive summer in college thus far. From the moment I started to my final day I was treated as an equal to the firm, and from that came a multitude of excellent benefits both in and outside of the workplace. They really invested in my future and my career by exposing me to a number of different opportunities and giving ME the right to CHOOSE which was best for me. Overall there is not one thing I could have done differently, and I do not regret one bit, making them my choice to intern over the summer.

The only con that I can think of was that I wished I could have began my internship earlier in the summer, to have allowed me to stay longer.

Based on my experience, the best advice would be to come in with a blank slate. Making sure to always carry an open mind to new opportunities, event participation, maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude, and voicing your interests or concerns. They will provide every resource they have to you as intern to become successful and all you have to do is show up, stay dedicated, and work hard.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management would be to work on diversity in specific offices. It would be nice to see more minorities at each level of firm employment; staff-partner. This would boost the internship/employment experience even more! I had a great experience as a minority and I know more would make it even better.

Date: 2013

Intern learns an immense amount while making great connections with poeple at a distinguised company.

The amount of intern events that took plase allowed all of us to really become great friends over the course of the internship.

There was alot of downtown when I was unassigned.

Come to work every day with a positive attitude and ready to learn, and you will do great!

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep doing all of the intern/mentor events, because they were one of my favorite parts of the internship.

Date: 2013

Who knew accounting could be so much fun?!

The best aspect of the internship was the high performance culture and the helpful/welcoming staff. I also was very appreciative of the fact that I was not treated like an intern (but rather a first-year associate) and was given tasks that helped me to constantly learn something new.

I can honestly say that there was nothing that I didn't like about the internship - other than the fact that it went by way too fast!

I would share with any candidate looking at KPMG as a potential employer that KPMG is clearly a front-runner in the accounting industry. The work culture and environment that the firm holds is truly something special and you will not be able to find it anywhere else. The tasks you complete every day will continually challenge you and you will never have a boring day in the office. Everyone who works at the firm is supportive, helpful, and encouraging, and it is an honor to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

I felt that the compensation, promotion policies, diversity and training were outstanding. As for hours, I can say that my 40-hour work week was always filled with tasks to complete. However, overtime was slightly discouraged (and I absolutely understand why), but there were some days that I felt guilty leaving at the end of the day during the department's busy season when there was work to be completed.