Date: 2013

An amazing experience to start building my career

Experience of the actual work, meeting with the team members, and great compensation.

Parking fee to go to the company's office, and a lot of driving to go to client's locations

Be proactive and involved in the students organization at campus and participate in a lot of career networking events.

Date: 2013

Not an internship, but a season as a true KPMG Employee. Great people, professional development, and client exposure.

Challenging work assigment Great Team ( like a family) Professional mentors at high levels ( partner/director met with me consistently) Training from national traning and senior associates

Would have liked more direct client interaction , but this is a budget concern

KPMG will give your more opporutunities than you can imagine. Remain positive, ask for feedback, and do all you can to learn more each day. Build strong relationships with your assigned mentors, and do not be afraid to voice your concerns. Be a student not only of KPMG, but also a student of the client and their business.

Advice to Management

Focus on increasing diversity and giving summer interns opportunities to do more volunteer work for the firm. Provide more training on client research.

The Ultimate Internship

Intern Events and Performance Management

Every aspect of it was great!

Have a positive attitude and be prepared to learn

A lot of learning!

I had everithing that I needed to achieve the highest level of learning.

As an intern I had to pay for my parking. that was like $80 per month.

Don't be affraid of making questions. Understand what you are doing, it's key in offer a good work.

Date: 2013

Challenging. Engaging. Invested in You.

The fact that the firm is 100% invested in you and has the full intent to bring you on full time if you put in the work.

The work is not always easy and there is an expectation you are a high performer. This was by no means a bad thing and I loved being challenged. But you definitely are expected to work hard.

If you want a full time job with a first class firm who has great people then go with KPMG.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend every day engaging interns and immersing them into the job and showing what life is like as a first ear employee. It made all the difference to me having great experience.

Date: 2013

Real life work experience in a team environment

The people of the company. I loved all the people I worked with and how the company worked to make the long hours of busy season not as dull through certain company wide perks. Also they did a great job of having the interns get to know each other and help out in the community through our community service week.

That I didn't get to work with any other interns on my clients. It would have been nice to have people that were in the same position as me to work with.

Auditors work long hours so make sure you pick the company with the people you feel most comfortable around. If you don't mesh with your teams, the work could get monotonous.

Advice to Management

I feel as though compensation around the board at the big 4 accounting firms should be higher. Most employees have a masters degree and extra schooling so it seems like compensation should be adjusted upwards to compensate for the extra schooling.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

Date: 2013

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

Taste of Real Work-Life Goes Well

Working with people I liked and the internship evenets/friends I formed. I also loved civic week.

The long hours (but overtime pay made it worthwhile).

Emphasize the people.

Advice to Management

Offer overtime to salaried employees.

Date: 2013

A great learning experience.

The best aspects were the environment and how helpful everyone was. I never felt like I was burdening anyone with my questions and everyone was friendly.

It is deadline intensive so it can be high stress.

In order to work at KPMG you must be willing to work hard, but everyone is there to support you.