Date: 2013

The internship was an amazing experience that heightened my knowledge in auditing and professional networking.

The people that I was able to meet during the internship and learning more about the audit process.

Being unassigned was what I liked least about the internship experience, however, this only occurred once throughout my 8 weeks with the firm.

The internship program is very well structured and I would ask as many question as possible to maximize the learning portion of your internship. The employees are all willing to teach and help you learn so I would take advantage of the opportunity.

Date: 2013

Intern rises to associate level

Work life balance and the people. Work hard play hard.

Some of the work was tedious but someone needed to do it to further the progress.

The people allow you to really learn and understand what it is they are doing, how you can help, and how to perform certain test work as if you're a first year auditor.

Advice to Management

It did everything I expected.

Date: 2013

Valuable accounting internship experience with job prospect.

The training, compensation, full-time offer prospect, getting a feel for the life of an auditor and what the future would entail in the field.

Because all of the interns are on different engagement teams over the course of 8 weeks, the only negative part of my internship was that it was hard to build relationships with the other interns, aside from the week at training and networking events.

Very reputable accounting firm, that devotes a great deal to its interns, hoping that they will afterwards accept a full time position.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

Date: 2013

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

Date: 2013

The best place to learn, lead, and launch a successful career in public accounting!

The best aspects were the location (Heart of the City), the people (staff thru partner), learning experiences (training/shadowing/project assignments), clientale of the firm, and the networking opportunities. These were all integral parts of my internship that allowed me to have the most prodcutive summer in college thus far. From the moment I started to my final day I was treated as an equal to the firm, and from that came a multitude of excellent benefits both in and outside of the workplace. They really invested in my future and my career by exposing me to a number of different opportunities and giving ME the right to CHOOSE which was best for me. Overall there is not one thing I could have done differently, and I do not regret one bit, making them my choice to intern over the summer.

The only con that I can think of was that I wished I could have began my internship earlier in the summer, to have allowed me to stay longer.

Based on my experience, the best advice would be to come in with a blank slate. Making sure to always carry an open mind to new opportunities, event participation, maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude, and voicing your interests or concerns. They will provide every resource they have to you as intern to become successful and all you have to do is show up, stay dedicated, and work hard.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management would be to work on diversity in specific offices. It would be nice to see more minorities at each level of firm employment; staff-partner. This would boost the internship/employment experience even more! I had a great experience as a minority and I know more would make it even better.

Date: 2013

Beneficial internship experience leading to full time position in a thriving industry

being able to work in a specialized group

being assigned tasks/duties instead of having a more active responsibliity

KPMG has the reputation of a big 4 firm without the stigma's attached to them; that they overwork their young employees. Here, it's all about work/life balance and you still maintain the opportunities you would have with the rest of the big 4

Date: 2013

Who knew accounting could be so much fun?!

The best aspect of the internship was the high performance culture and the helpful/welcoming staff. I also was very appreciative of the fact that I was not treated like an intern (but rather a first-year associate) and was given tasks that helped me to constantly learn something new.

I can honestly say that there was nothing that I didn't like about the internship - other than the fact that it went by way too fast!

I would share with any candidate looking at KPMG as a potential employer that KPMG is clearly a front-runner in the accounting industry. The work culture and environment that the firm holds is truly something special and you will not be able to find it anywhere else. The tasks you complete every day will continually challenge you and you will never have a boring day in the office. Everyone who works at the firm is supportive, helpful, and encouraging, and it is an honor to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

I felt that the compensation, promotion policies, diversity and training were outstanding. As for hours, I can say that my 40-hour work week was always filled with tasks to complete. However, overtime was slightly discouraged (and I absolutely understand why), but there were some days that I felt guilty leaving at the end of the day during the department's busy season when there was work to be completed.

High performance culture

The interactions with peers and different levels of people within the firm

I disliked the downtime experienced, but this was minimal.

This is a work environment that fosters a high performance culture so be prepared to come in with a great attitude.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

KPMG offers a good internship experience that allows you to experience a variety of clients, industries, and types of work.

Variety, people, experiences

Change of expectations for the amount of work you will experience at each client

KPMG does an amazing job at keeping their interns happy by giving them top tier training, fun experiences and variety.