Date: 2013

The internship was an amazing experience that heightened my knowledge in auditing and professional networking.

The people that I was able to meet during the internship and learning more about the audit process.

Being unassigned was what I liked least about the internship experience, however, this only occurred once throughout my 8 weeks with the firm.

The internship program is very well structured and I would ask as many question as possible to maximize the learning portion of your internship. The employees are all willing to teach and help you learn so I would take advantage of the opportunity.

Date: 2013

Valuable accounting internship experience with job prospect.

The training, compensation, full-time offer prospect, getting a feel for the life of an auditor and what the future would entail in the field.

Because all of the interns are on different engagement teams over the course of 8 weeks, the only negative part of my internship was that it was hard to build relationships with the other interns, aside from the week at training and networking events.

Very reputable accounting firm, that devotes a great deal to its interns, hoping that they will afterwards accept a full time position.

Date: 2013

Real life work experience in a team environment

The people of the company. I loved all the people I worked with and how the company worked to make the long hours of busy season not as dull through certain company wide perks. Also they did a great job of having the interns get to know each other and help out in the community through our community service week.

That I didn't get to work with any other interns on my clients. It would have been nice to have people that were in the same position as me to work with.

Auditors work long hours so make sure you pick the company with the people you feel most comfortable around. If you don't mesh with your teams, the work could get monotonous.

Advice to Management

I feel as though compensation around the board at the big 4 accounting firms should be higher. Most employees have a masters degree and extra schooling so it seems like compensation should be adjusted upwards to compensate for the extra schooling.

"Love where you work!"

The people made the experience truly rewarding and enjoyable.

There is not one aspect of the internship that I would change. It was a great experience.

Make connections with as many people as possible! You may form great friendships with your future co-workers!

Date: 2013

A great learning experience.

The best aspects were the environment and how helpful everyone was. I never felt like I was burdening anyone with my questions and everyone was friendly.

It is deadline intensive so it can be high stress.

In order to work at KPMG you must be willing to work hard, but everyone is there to support you.

Date: 2013

Great chance to gain a lot of experience in a short period of time

Interesting and challenging work

Hours can sometimes be predictable

Make sure it is the right cultural fit

Excellent learning experience

The people I worked with made going to work enjoyable.

Some of the work can be tedious.

Anyone looking to get into public accounting cannot go wrong with KPMG, it is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

I have no ideas for improvement at this time.

Taking Accounting to a Whole New Level by Learning from the Best

I liked getting to work on different entities. One week I would be working on a partnership and the next week I would be working on a corporation. Getting hands-on experience through actually preparing work papers and generating the returns was great. What this internship great was definitely the people that I worked with. They were always willing to help and were very good teachers.

There is actually nothing that I didn't like. Everything was challenging, and sometimes it was very frustrating, but it's all part of the learning process.

If you are looking for a tax internship, KPMG is a great employer. You will get to experience preparing returns for various entities from start to finish. The people that you will be working with are very intelligent and always helpful. The work and learning the programs will be a challenge, but it is the people who make you want to learn and not give up.

Advice to Management

I think KPMG can improve on its process leading up to the actual training. I found it quite difficult to sign up for training because of the preferred airlines and price range. I don't like the fact that we have to email someone when we can't find a flight to training within a certain price range. I didn't find it efficient. I also didn't like that our confirmation email said we should be receiving certain documents two weeks before our training date, but it didn't get sent out until the week of. I wish we would know who are roommate is before we fly up to training. It may be nice to get to know the person a little before.

The Best Experience

I enjoyed being able to see what you learned in your accounting classes come to life. It reinforced that the money I am spending is not just a waste. Also, all of the little perks were nice like they pay for your travel and meals as long as it is far enough out for example.

You work long hours and that is not exactly ideal but you get paid extremely well for it and you get used to it.

If you do not like to work then you should not do this internship. You will work long hours throughout the week but I never had to work a weekend. That varies between offices of course with working on weekends; however, you will get compensated quite nicely for the overtime hours.

Date: 2013

Fun and a great leaning experience

People and the working environment are the best in KPMG. I definitely had lots of fun meeting new people and learned a lot from them during this summer.

I like every aspect of KPMG and do not have anything that I don't like

the culture in KPMG is excellent. People are not uptight and you will enjoy working there. KPMG has a very good career development opportunity too.