Intern at KPMG 2014 Internship? Submit a Review

AMAZING LEARNING EXPERIENCE

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to meet a lot of people and I learned so much.

I wish I could choose the industries that I interned in.

Have a great attitude and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Advice to Management

Educate the interns on their roles and expectations throughout an engagement. Communicate with the interns on a regular basis.

Build professional experience and enjoy networking opportunities with this accounting-focused internship.

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was very impressed with the on-the-job mentoring that I received from my supervisors. I was given a wide variety of tasks to complete, but I always felt comfortable asking questions and I was never given too much to handle at once.

There were certain times that I felt that I could have been contributing more, but the work that was given to me did have limitations. I especially noticed that even though my team would often have to work late hours, I was always sent home in order to be on pace for no more than 40 hours of work per week.

If you should choose to select this internship, you will be given a chance to get comfortable in the accounting profession as you build experience with a variety of tasks. The assignments are often basic, but will increase as you prove your competency. The pay is fair, but the hours are limited to 40 per week in most cases so do not expect to be paid any extra for overtime. Some local travel outside of the downtown area may be required.

Advice to Management

I would have appreciated the chance to contribute further to my team by working overtime alongside them when they often had to work late, however I was sent home to keep pace with a 40 hour work week.

Taking Accounting to a Whole New Level by Learning from the Best

Honolulu, HI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked getting to work on different entities. One week I would be working on a partnership and the next week I would be working on a corporation. Getting hands-on experience through actually preparing work papers and generating the returns was great. What this internship great was definitely the people that I worked with. They were always willing to help and were very good teachers.

There is actually nothing that I didn't like. Everything was challenging, and sometimes it was very frustrating, but it's all part of the learning process.

If you are looking for a tax internship, KPMG is a great employer. You will get to experience preparing returns for various entities from start to finish. The people that you will be working with are very intelligent and always helpful. The work and learning the programs will be a challenge, but it is the people who make you want to learn and not give up.

Advice to Management

I think KPMG can improve on its process leading up to the actual training. I found it quite difficult to sign up for training because of the preferred airlines and price range. I don't like the fact that we have to email someone when we can't find a flight to training within a certain price range. I didn't find it efficient. I also didn't like that our confirmation email said we should be receiving certain documents two weeks before our training date, but it didn't get sent out until the week of. I wish we would know who are roommate is before we fly up to training. It may be nice to get to know the person a little before.

The Best Experience

Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed being able to see what you learned in your accounting classes come to life. It reinforced that the money I am spending is not just a waste. Also, all of the little perks were nice like they pay for your travel and meals as long as it is far enough out for example.

You work long hours and that is not exactly ideal but you get paid extremely well for it and you get used to it.

If you do not like to work then you should not do this internship. You will work long hours throughout the week but I never had to work a weekend. That varies between offices of course with working on weekends; however, you will get compensated quite nicely for the overtime hours.

Fun and a great leaning experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and the working environment are the best in KPMG. I definitely had lots of fun meeting new people and learned a lot from them during this summer.

I like every aspect of KPMG and do not have anything that I don't like

the culture in KPMG is excellent. People are not uptight and you will enjoy working there.

KPMG has a very good career development opportunity too.

Great chance to gain a lot of experience in a short period of time

Interesting and challenging work

Hours can sometimes be predictable

Make sure it is the right cultural fit

Complex clients, complex issues, simple and accurate solutions.

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were networking opportunities and learning experiences from intern activities.

My least favorite part of the internship was traveling to so many different engagements in a short time

KPMG is the best place to develop industry expertise and solidify important relationships.

Advice to Management

KPMG can continue diversity efforts to increase the racial make up of staff

Well-rounded internship

Team and client interaction

Not a lot of intern interaction

try out as many industries as possible and network

Advice to Management

employee retention

Excellent learning experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with made going to work enjoyable.

Some of the work can be tedious.

Anyone looking to get into public accounting cannot go wrong with KPMG, it is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

I have no ideas for improvement at this time.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.