Intern at KPMG 2014 Internship? Submit a Review

Beneficial internship experience leading to full time position in a thriving industry

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to work in a specialized group

being assigned tasks/duties instead of having a more active responsibliity

KPMG has the reputation of a big 4 firm without the stigma's attached to them; that they overwork their young employees. Here, it's all about work/life balance and you still maintain the opportunities you would have with the rest of the big 4

The best place to learn, lead, and launch a successful career in public accounting!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the location (Heart of the City), the people (staff thru partner), learning experiences (training/shadowing/project assignments), clientale of the firm, and the networking opportunities. These were all integral parts of my internship that allowed me to have the most prodcutive summer in college thus far. From the moment I started to my final day I was treated as an equal to the firm, and from that came a multitude of excellent benefits both in and outside of the workplace. They really invested in my future and my career by exposing me to a number of different opportunities and giving ME the right to CHOOSE which was best for me. Overall there is not one thing I could have done differently, and I do not regret one bit, making them my choice to intern over the summer.

The only con that I can think of was that I wished I could have began my internship earlier in the summer, to have allowed me to stay longer.

Based on my experience, the best advice would be to come in with a blank slate. Making sure to always carry an open mind to new opportunities, event participation, maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude, and voicing your interests or concerns. They will provide every resource they have to you as intern to become successful and all you have to do is show up, stay dedicated, and work hard.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management would be to work on diversity in specific offices. It would be nice to see more minorities at each level of firm employment; staff-partner. This would boost the internship/employment experience even more! I had a great experience as a minority and I know more would make it even better.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.

Miami, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

Complex clients, complex issues, simple and accurate solutions.

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were networking opportunities and learning experiences from intern activities.

My least favorite part of the internship was traveling to so many different engagements in a short time

KPMG is the best place to develop industry expertise and solidify important relationships.

Advice to Management

KPMG can continue diversity efforts to increase the racial make up of staff

Great chance to gain a lot of experience in a short period of time

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting and challenging work

Hours can sometimes be predictable

Make sure it is the right cultural fit

The Best Experience

Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed being able to see what you learned in your accounting classes come to life. It reinforced that the money I am spending is not just a waste. Also, all of the little perks were nice like they pay for your travel and meals as long as it is far enough out for example.

You work long hours and that is not exactly ideal but you get paid extremely well for it and you get used to it.

If you do not like to work then you should not do this internship. You will work long hours throughout the week but I never had to work a weekend. That varies between offices of course with working on weekends; however, you will get compensated quite nicely for the overtime hours.

Fun and a great leaning experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and the working environment are the best in KPMG. I definitely had lots of fun meeting new people and learned a lot from them during this summer.

I like every aspect of KPMG and do not have anything that I don't like

the culture in KPMG is excellent. People are not uptight and you will enjoy working there.

KPMG has a very good career development opportunity too.

Build professional experience and enjoy networking opportunities with this accounting-focused internship.

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was very impressed with the on-the-job mentoring that I received from my supervisors. I was given a wide variety of tasks to complete, but I always felt comfortable asking questions and I was never given too much to handle at once.

There were certain times that I felt that I could have been contributing more, but the work that was given to me did have limitations. I especially noticed that even though my team would often have to work late hours, I was always sent home in order to be on pace for no more than 40 hours of work per week.

If you should choose to select this internship, you will be given a chance to get comfortable in the accounting profession as you build experience with a variety of tasks. The assignments are often basic, but will increase as you prove your competency. The pay is fair, but the hours are limited to 40 per week in most cases so do not expect to be paid any extra for overtime. Some local travel outside of the downtown area may be required.

Advice to Management

I would have appreciated the chance to contribute further to my team by working overtime alongside them when they often had to work late, however I was sent home to keep pace with a 40 hour work week.

AMAZING LEARNING EXPERIENCE

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to meet a lot of people and I learned so much.

I wish I could choose the industries that I interned in.

Have a great attitude and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Advice to Management

Educate the interns on their roles and expectations throughout an engagement. Communicate with the interns on a regular basis.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)