Intern at KPMG 2014 Internship? Submit a Review

The internship was an amazing experience that heightened my knowledge in auditing and professional networking.

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I was able to meet during the internship and learning more about the audit process.

Being unassigned was what I liked least about the internship experience, however, this only occurred once throughout my 8 weeks with the firm.

The internship program is very well structured and I would ask as many question as possible to maximize the learning portion of your internship. The employees are all willing to teach and help you learn so I would take advantage of the opportunity.

Great chance to gain a lot of experience in a short period of time

Interesting and challenging work

Hours can sometimes be predictable

Make sure it is the right cultural fit

The Best Experience

Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed being able to see what you learned in your accounting classes come to life. It reinforced that the money I am spending is not just a waste. Also, all of the little perks were nice like they pay for your travel and meals as long as it is far enough out for example.

You work long hours and that is not exactly ideal but you get paid extremely well for it and you get used to it.

If you do not like to work then you should not do this internship. You will work long hours throughout the week but I never had to work a weekend. That varies between offices of course with working on weekends; however, you will get compensated quite nicely for the overtime hours.

Fun and a great leaning experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and the working environment are the best in KPMG. I definitely had lots of fun meeting new people and learned a lot from them during this summer.

I like every aspect of KPMG and do not have anything that I don't like

the culture in KPMG is excellent. People are not uptight and you will enjoy working there.

KPMG has a very good career development opportunity too.

Taking Accounting to a Whole New Level by Learning from the Best

Honolulu, HI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked getting to work on different entities. One week I would be working on a partnership and the next week I would be working on a corporation. Getting hands-on experience through actually preparing work papers and generating the returns was great. What this internship great was definitely the people that I worked with. They were always willing to help and were very good teachers.

There is actually nothing that I didn't like. Everything was challenging, and sometimes it was very frustrating, but it's all part of the learning process.

If you are looking for a tax internship, KPMG is a great employer. You will get to experience preparing returns for various entities from start to finish. The people that you will be working with are very intelligent and always helpful. The work and learning the programs will be a challenge, but it is the people who make you want to learn and not give up.

Advice to Management

I think KPMG can improve on its process leading up to the actual training. I found it quite difficult to sign up for training because of the preferred airlines and price range. I don't like the fact that we have to email someone when we can't find a flight to training within a certain price range. I didn't find it efficient. I also didn't like that our confirmation email said we should be receiving certain documents two weeks before our training date, but it didn't get sent out until the week of. I wish we would know who are roommate is before we fly up to training. It may be nice to get to know the person a little before.

Who knew accounting could be so much fun?!

Harrisburg, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the high performance culture and the helpful/welcoming staff. I also was very appreciative of the fact that I was not treated like an intern (but rather a first-year associate) and was given tasks that helped me to constantly learn something new.

I can honestly say that there was nothing that I didn't like about the internship - other than the fact that it went by way too fast!

I would share with any candidate looking at KPMG as a potential employer that KPMG is clearly a front-runner in the accounting industry. The work culture and environment that the firm holds is truly something special and you will not be able to find it anywhere else. The tasks you complete every day will continually challenge you and you will never have a boring day in the office. Everyone who works at the firm is supportive, helpful, and encouraging, and it is an honor to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

I felt that the compensation, promotion policies, diversity and training were outstanding. As for hours, I can say that my 40-hour work week was always filled with tasks to complete. However, overtime was slightly discouraged (and I absolutely understand why), but there were some days that I felt guilty leaving at the end of the day during the department's busy season when there was work to be completed.

Intern learns an immense amount while making great connections with poeple at a distinguised company.

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of intern events that took plase allowed all of us to really become great friends over the course of the internship.

There was alot of downtown when I was unassigned.

Come to work every day with a positive attitude and ready to learn, and you will do great!

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep doing all of the intern/mentor events, because they were one of my favorite parts of the internship.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship

Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

"Love where you work!"

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people made the experience truly rewarding and enjoyable.

There is not one aspect of the internship that I would change. It was a great experience.

Make connections with as many people as possible! You may form great friendships with your future co-workers!

A great learning experience.

Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the environment and how helpful everyone was. I never felt like I was burdening anyone with my questions and everyone was friendly.

It is deadline intensive so it can be high stress.

In order to work at KPMG you must be willing to work hard, but everyone is there to support you.