4.5 of 5 stars (1,331 Ratings)

Intern at KPMG Internship Program? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,331 Intern Reviews

KPMG Federal Tax Intern

New Orleans, LA | December 2016 | FORMER INTERN

KPMG invests a lot of time and money into each employee (even their interns). They fly everyone to Orlando for a week of training which was very beneficial and fun.

The actual work can be mind numbing so make sure this is something you are really interested in.

Comments

The employees at KPMG are all extremely intelligent and work working.

KPMG Summer Internship

Short Hills, NJ | July 2016 | CURRENT INTERN

Doing real client work, seeing and doing what accountants do daily.
The people at KPMG are really nice, friendly and VERY helpful. working on many different engagements.

Having to work long hours. not having a set schedule, and not knowing what you are going to be doing next.

Comments

Tax is a great staring point, although most people think they must begin with audit. KPMG gives you all the tools you need to do the job the best way possible. you will come out of the internship knowing quite a lot, and you will get a very clear picture of what your future will look like.

KPMG Internship

January 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Client exposure
Average work allocation
Good people to work with

Too much time spent in doing redundant things
Most of the time sat ideal

Comments

If you want to intern than better get it through your school programs, lateral hires aren't given much attention.

An informative and exciting foray into the world of accounting.

Harrisburg, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The strong sense of community within the department has been fantastic. This is also not a "coffee-getting" internship, as I'm doing the exact same work that regular, ground-level associates do here as well. I also got to travel to Orlando (all expenses paid) for a week of training along with the other interns all around the nation.

There was a bit more down-time than I expected. On occasion, I would have to ask multiple supervisors to have them come up with work for me to help with.

You will have a lot of new terminology and software applications thrown at you within the first two weeks of the internship. While corporate-level accounting/ auditing may sound intimidating at first, keep making sure to ask questions and being proactive in this way makes things manageable and smoother.

Advice to Management

I hate to say it, but I genuinely cannot think of any real improvements on this internship. This has been an amazing experience through and through.

"Will you have the required 150-credit hours needed to sit for the Pennsylvania CPA exam when you graduate?"

"Have you taken any accounting courses with auditing and tax as a focus?"

Interns Gain Valuable Experience Through Real Client Work on a Daily Basis

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the other interns and full time staff was one of the best aspects of the internships.

I would have enjoyed a longer internship! Maybe 10 weeks instead of 8 weeks.

Ask questions and be willing to go outside of your comfort zone.

Opening Up A New Light and Life in Accounting

Saint Louis, MO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great People

Great Hours

Great Training

Diversity

It wasn't long enough

Be ready to learn and have a open mind. Stay positive and you will succeed

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for diversity, it means a lot to know you all are trying.

Busy Season Interning

Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were the best part. Even though it was busy season, I enjoyed working the long hours because of my co-workers and I learned so much that I felt it was such a beneficial experience.

The hours were incredibly long but that is because it was busy season. The firm compensates by giving lots of vacation time so I am willing to put in extra work when it is busy season because I enjoy the work and the people.

I think KPMG has an amazing culture and they are concerned with you as an individual, which is important when people are thinking of working in a large company.

Advice to Management

Concentrate a bit more on work life balance.

What do you think you can contribute? Why do you want to do an internship with KPMG?

Bring your best. Receive the best.

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm's culture was the best aspect of the internship.

I wish that I had more work at times.

I've interned at 3 different companies, but my experience at KPMG has been the best by far. I think KPMG is unique because of the culture and people. KPMG puts their employees first, which is unlike the other big companies. Everyone wants to help each other grow as an individual. Overall, there are several reputable companies to work for like KPMG; however, you will only enjoy your job if the company has a good culture and people so consider KPMG.

Advice to Management

Right now, most of our training consist of training videos. KPMG has one of the best training programs, but I feel that they could improve training even further by creating more job specific videos along with in person trainings.

Describe a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it?

How do you manage your time?

Learning Everyday

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the people

Some of the work is too easy

Work here

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Love your internship with KPMG!

Columbus, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are all kind, intelligent, and fun people. The people I work under respect me and value my opinion, and the other interns and I all get along so well!

Sitting down most of the day.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. That is how you learn. No one expects you to know everything... or anything really at that matter. IT is difficult and a lot of it isn't taught in classes at school. Everyone is there to help you. Use your resources.

Advice to Management

Maybe set aside some time the first few days the interns start to on-board them into the phase of the audit for the client. I felt as if no one was erally ready for me to begin when I did.

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

Why KPMG?

Walk me through your resume.

Name a time you stepped up and took leadership.