KPMG 2014 Internship

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 394 Intern Reviews)

Beneficial internship experience leading to full time position in a thriving industry
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to work in a specialized group

being assigned tasks/duties instead of having a more active responsibliity

KPMG has the reputation of a big 4 firm without the stigma's attached to them; that they overwork their young employees. Here, it's all about work/life balance and you still maintain the opportunities you would have with the rest of the big 4

The best place to learn, lead, and launch a successful career in public accounting!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the location (Heart of the City), the people (staff thru partner), learning experiences (training/shadowing/project assignments), clientale of the firm, and the networking opportunities. These were all integral parts of my internship that allowed me to have the most prodcutive summer in college thus far. From the moment I started to my final day I was treated as an equal to the firm, and from that came a multitude of excellent benefits both in and outside of the workplace. They really invested in my future and my career by exposing me to a number of different opportunities and giving ME the right to CHOOSE which was best for me. Overall there is not one thing I could have done differently, and I do not regret one bit, making them my choice to intern over the summer.

The only con that I can think of was that I wished I could have began my internship earlier in the summer, to have allowed me to stay longer.

Based on my experience, the best advice would be to come in with a blank slate. Making sure to always carry an open mind to new opportunities, event participation, maintaining a strong work ethic and positive attitude, and voicing your interests or concerns. They will provide every resource they have to you as intern to become successful and all you have to do is show up, stay dedicated, and work hard.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management would be to work on diversity in specific offices. It would be nice to see more minorities at each level of firm employment; staff-partner. This would boost the internship/employment experience even more! I had a great experience as a minority and I know more would make it even better.

KPMG Intership - Fast, fun, and exciting.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training was great to prepare me for work, and the intern events that were held were great.

That it only lasted 8 weeks.

Great place to work!

Advice to Management

N/A

Continuous Learning and Opportunities
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the firm were its people and culture.

I would like to see more diversity within the Charlotte office.

KPMG is a firm with high performance people that are dedicated to finding a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

I suggest that the firm continue to increase their diversity.

The Place Of Opportunities
McLean, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, networking opportunities, experience, and flexibility.

I liked everything about my internship

This is a place where you can enhance your professional skills or acquire the skills needed to be successful.

GIving me experience while allowing me to excel on a daily basis.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects included seeing exactly what I would be doing full time.

There was nothing that I did not like.

Research the company before approaching them.

Educating and preparing our future leaders
Mountain View, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

At KPMG, we had the opportunity to work with a team on several client engagements. In 8 weeks, I was able to visit over 6 different clients and plan and conduct audits for each client. Every team that I worked on was very supportive and eager to educate the interns about the KPMG community.

This is not applicable.

Prepare to explore new opportunities and have an open-mind.

KPMG Global Intern has amazing time during Summer 2013 Internship
Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from all the work I was exposed to.

I wish it could have been longer.

Be ready to work hard but KPMG is a wonderful place to have a career.

KPMG offers the most realistic internship opportunity as an insight to working full time.
Miami, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers and the ability to openly communicate in both personal and professional manners

Although it was infrequent, working through lunch and dinner.

All of the Big Four accounting firms offer near identical internship opportunities. Do not pick a company based upon its name. Pick a company after you have had a chance to meet the people you would be working with in the future. KPMG's people are the most professional folks I have met thus far.

Advice to Management

I did not see as many events or opportunities for interns to participate in group activities or team-building exercises within the local offices.

Who knew accounting could be so much fun?!
Harrisburg, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the high performance culture and the helpful/welcoming staff. I also was very appreciative of the fact that I was not treated like an intern (but rather a first-year associate) and was given tasks that helped me to constantly learn something new.

I can honestly say that there was nothing that I didn't like about the internship - other than the fact that it went by way too fast!

I would share with any candidate looking at KPMG as a potential employer that KPMG is clearly a front-runner in the accounting industry. The work culture and environment that the firm holds is truly something special and you will not be able to find it anywhere else. The tasks you complete every day will continually challenge you and you will never have a boring day in the office. Everyone who works at the firm is supportive, helpful, and encouraging, and it is an honor to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

I felt that the compensation, promotion policies, diversity and training were outstanding. As for hours, I can say that my 40-hour work week was always filled with tasks to complete. However, overtime was slightly discouraged (and I absolutely understand why), but there were some days that I felt guilty leaving at the end of the day during the department's busy season when there was work to be completed.