Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

Accounting Firm Redefines Corporate Culture

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, training, office environment, networking

The scheduling was a challenge, but the company is aware of this.

Don't be afraid to show interest in a particular area of accounting. It will only set you apart from the group and make you an asset to the company sooner rather than later.

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.

Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

A well rounded intership with lots of opprotunities to learn while being surrounded by great people

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Through the internship, I was able to learn a lot and now have real world examples to take back into the classroom. The people are what make the firm a place where you want to work. They are very supportive and willing to help.

The internship was a really good experience. There were times when I wish I had more work to do.

Elliott Davis has a great environment. The internship program has a lot to offer and is a great opportunity. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take the time to sit and train you. They have a vested interest in your future and want to see you succeed.

External Auditor

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Public Accounting Summer Camp

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!