4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

Public Accounting Summer Camp
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Informational and great learning experience
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just being hands on with everyday public accounting and working with a great staff.

I don't have any cons about this internship. It was a great experience.

There is a great culture set in based at Elliott Davis. There is a great group of employee and are very good at what they do.

External Auditor
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Incredible Learning Experience
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.
Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

Learning filled and fun
Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just the right amount of work, volunteering, intern activities,

nothing really

the culture is different here

How do you work with others

Advice to Management

better training in beginning

#1 Internship Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Elliott Davis' ENVISION is as close to being a full time employee as an intern can get while also being fun and helping the community
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship provided the basis of what life is like as a first year staff, while also allowing for community service and development.

There were times during the internship when I ran out of things to do. During those times, I would walk around the office asking if anyone needed help. This was great because I had the opportunity to meet Elliott Davis employees I hadn't worked with before.

Always be yourself and be willing to help, regardless of the task!