Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

#1 Internship Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.

Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

Learning filled and fun

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just the right amount of work, volunteering, intern activities,

nothing really

the culture is different here

How do you work with others

Advice to Management

better training in beginning

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.

Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.

A Glance Into the Real Life of a Tax Accountant

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the shareholders and fellow employees while getting real life experience in tax accounting.

It was a smaller number of office people than I was expecting.

If you want one on one time with fellow employees and a laid back work environment, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Having more training with the programs and computer systems would help!