Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.
Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

#1 Internship Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

A Glance Into the Real Life of a Tax Accountant
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the shareholders and fellow employees while getting real life experience in tax accounting.

It was a smaller number of office people than I was expecting.

If you want one on one time with fellow employees and a laid back work environment, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Having more training with the programs and computer systems would help!

Accounting: The Real World
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the interactions with the interns and the trips.I enjoyed getting to know everyone who worked at the firm. This internship had a great balance of social and work life. Afterward I felt like I really got to know what the firm was truly about.

I did not like that sometimes there was nothing to do. I understood that it was just not too much to do during the summer.

Take the time to get to know the upper level management and not just the staff

Rewarding, Challenging, Informative
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We actually worked on client work !

I had no complaints!

I felt like I was important to the firm.

I participated in a recruitment event and did not have to go through a formal interview.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

Envision was an excellent welcome into the accounting profession.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, the experience, the activities and bonding, the learning.

The only con to my internship was that it didn't last longer.

Elliott Davis is an excellent firm to intern for. Don't worry, they don't expect you to know how to do everything already, but are very willing to help you learn.

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.
Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.