The Elliott Davis Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Would do it all over again in a hearbeat.

Working closely with every level of the company, going out in the field to do client work, community service, afternoon outings and happy hours.

Days when I didn't have any work to do, having to go search out work from people.

Get out and do as much as you can when you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Elliott Davis: personal and professional growth for audit and tax professionals

Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. I received a lot of work and stayed busy. Social outings were planned to help us form friendships with our coworkers. The work was challenging and I learned more than I expected.

There were a lot of group research projects and I would have liked to do more individual audit work.

Elliott Davis is an excellent choice as an employer. Each employee is valued as a person. The firm cares about the growth and satisfaction if the employees. It is a great work environment to be a part of.

Advice to Management

I am pleased with all of the above aspects of my workplace.

Date: 2013

Tax Intern involved in the community

working with the different levels of professionals

Feedback was sometimes poor

I would advise future interns to be outgoing and always ask for more work.

Date: 2013

Exposure to many aspects of the firm.

Meeting many people and developing professional relationships as well as friendships.

Some days I had to sit in my cubicle for a vast amount of time. Other than that, I really enjoyed everything.

Network as much as you can and always put forth all your effort when accomplishing tasks.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all of the management tactics I was exposed to throughout the summer. They treated us very well at Elliott Davis.

The Road Ahead

being able to interact with clients and do real client work. I was able to learn so much during the internship.

I wish there would have been more clients I could have gone out to.

Don't be scared to ask questions- they don't expect you to know how to do most of the work you're given. Try your best, but definitely ask if you need to. Make the best of the experience- Get to know the shareholders, senior managers, etc., as well as the staff accountants so you can see if you'd be happy in the work environment.

Learning Experience

Networking

I liked everything about it

Elliott Davis is a wonderful place to work to get accounting experience. It also allows you to meet lots of different people

Advice to Management

Everything the management does is great

Full Time Job with a REAL Work-Life Balance

getting to go out on the client, office socials, interacting with other people in the firm, and always being kept busy with something meaningful to do instead of just busy work. The ending retreat to the beach provided by the firm was a plus too.

Nothing comes to mind.

Don't be nervous going into the internship! Everyone was once in the same spot you were in so it's okay to not completely know what is going on. Just have a willingness to learn and enjoy what you're doing.

Date: 2013

Huge opportunities to learn and make a lasting impression

Interesting work with outstanding compensation.

The summer time can be a little slow which means you may have some downtime.

Elliott Davis knows that you are a valuable asset and they make sure you know it. I had every resource I could imagine at my fingertips. There is so much to learn and I feel that elliott davis is the best place to do it.

Date: 2013

By interning at Elliott Davis, you will get a wide exposure to many different clients, allowing you to find what interests you most.

Being able to do meaningful, staff-level work for a variety of different industries and clients.

Sometimes you would have an overwhelming amount of responsibilities with too many people having you work on different projects. Prioritizing who's work came first and managing expectations was sometimes a challenge.

Try to get to know people and do work for as many different people as possible.

Advice to Management

Try to make training a little more engaging. Current training requirements are somewhat mundane.

Date: 2013

I had a great time as an intern for Elliott Davis and I learned a lot.

The ability to ask questions whenever I needed too. My last job caused me to figure out a lot on my own so everybody's openness really made my internship mostly stress free.

We were so busy during tax season that it got hard to learn from my mistakes. I was just told to fix them without a real explanation. We are really busy though so I understand, but that was the most difficult part of my experience.

Do not be afraid to ask as many questions as possible and meet as many people as you can. It really helps you out.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no idea. They do such a great job of taking care of us that I don't know what I would want them to change.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)