Intern at Eide Bailly LLP Audit & Tax Internships? Submit a Review

Challenging, but rewarding

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to perform tasks as a first-year would and not having to do the grunt work. Also since this was my second internship, being able to build off of what I had learned in the first year was a great experience.

There was nothing that I didn't enjoy about the internship.

They are a firm filled with people that are willing to answer questions and give advice.

A firm that is all about playing hard if the work gets done.

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Culture
-Co-workers
-Flexibility of Schedule
-Location
-Size

-Uncertainty of Full-TIme Offer

This is the place to be if you want to be in public accounting but want to avoid the Big 4 firms. The culture here is unmatched and interns are allowed to participate in all company events as though they were full-time employees.

A quality first-hand experience in public accounting

Fargo, ND | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The following aspects were what I found to be the best part of the internship with Eide Bailly: firm culture, people I worked with, learning experience, the expectations given to me, and the overall experience with the firm.

I enjoyed everything about the internship.

Research about the firm. See if the culture fits who you are.

Advice to Management

As of right now I feel Eide Bailly makes their offices a great place to work. I have no problem with their policies and feel what they provide to their employees is adequate to the work they put in.

What is your thought process when a challenge comes up? Are you fine with taking on challenges?

Do you feel like you have adequate time management skills? How?

Wonderful Firm and Wonderful Experience

Oklahoma City, OK | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting the chance to actually work as a staff accountant and be doing the exact same things the others are working on, rather than typical "intern" work.

That I had already accepted an internship offer with another firm for the following summer, so I couldn't continue through the summer before returning to Eide Bailly in the fall (currently).

If culture is something you find important in a firm, Eide Bailly is the place to be in OKC / Norman.

Accountants can have fun too.

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the people.

There is a high learning curve which is hard to get used to when you're used to succeeding in school all of the time.

Eide Bailly has a great environment to work in. I never felt like too much was expected of me or that they gave me work that was too easy either. There was a great balance.

Advice to Management

I think the training should be completed by someone with more experience. I ran into the issue where the person training me was also fairly new and didn't always know the correct answers to my questions.

How do you keep yourself organized? What volunteer/community service activities do you participate in?

the best internship to experience public accounting with a firm that values its employees

Fargo, ND | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns were expected to perform many of the same tasks as full time employees which gave them an accurate depiction of what life in public accounting at Eide Bailly is really like.

I can't think of anything I disliked about the internship

This internship allows you to gain first hand experience and knowledge while introducing you to the world of public accounting with a great firm

Grear learning experience. Helps you understand your field of study and possible future.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning something new everyday was great. The fun side activities were really fun. Working with nice and intelligent people was awesome.

The video training on doing tax returns.

Tax season is a lot of work and can get stressful. Eide Bailly does a good job of making the overall experince fun, but yet very helpful. They make sure you learn everything that you need to know, and the pay is really good. An internship at Eide Bailly is a great way to start your career.

Best Decision I've Made

Fargo, ND | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

How helpful all the employees were.

The amount of work in my industry was a little lacking that year.

Find an organization that is comfortable for you. I felt welcomed into Eide Bailly everyone was always friendly.

Advice to Management

None

How well do you handle multiple things at once.

Eide Bailly is Awesome.

Fargo, ND | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship include a great learning experience. Everything is hands on and everyone in the office is willing to help with anything.

There is nothing I do not like about the internship.

Be yourself during the interview process.

Extraordinary experience, unbeatable culture, Eide Bailly.

Fargo, ND | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The staff was incredible. I could walk right up to a partner and ask any question and receive a response without hesitation. It was a corporate environment (rules, expectations, dress) without the corporate feel. There was also a high amount of flexibility with hours. I could come and go as I pleased as long as I completed my work in a timely manner. If I wanted to come in at 9 instead of 8 one day, I could. Or if I wanted to work until 1 a.m. at home I was able.

We had to put in a significant amount of hours (minimum of 55). To complete my work I usually put in closer to 60 or 65. These expectations were made clear from the first interview, however, so it wasn't an extremely negative aspect.

If you want a successful, organized, driven firm with a great culture, choose Eide Bailly.

Advice to Management

The webinar training was not extremely useful. I learned more in one day auditing than one week in the webinar. I feel it did not contribute to my preparation at all. Despite the webinar, I do believe that the training I received was sufficient to lead into my first audit.

To be completely honest, my interview was over a year ago and I do not recall interview questions posed by Eide Bailly staff during the recruitment process.