Intern at Eide Bailly LLP Audit & Tax Internships? Submit a Review

Excellent opportunity for hands-on experience in accounting with a company who cares about your personal and professional development

Salt Lake City, UT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the people I worked with, the opportunities for learning and growth, and the pay/benefits.

I absolutely loved my internship and can't currently think of a con.

My advice would be to start early during college with networking. Within accounting, many firms offer very similar experiences professionally, but you'll want to work at a place where you will belong, where you get along great with those you work with. Along with that, Eide Bailly in Utah has an amazing culture at their firm with having the resources of a regional firm but also having a small firm feel since a couple of small firms in Utah were acquired by Eide Bailly a few years ago. It's a wonderful mix of a small firm feel with resources from a bigger firm.

Advice to Management

I believe their compensation, hours, employee retention, promotion opportunities, training, diversity, etc are not only reasonable, but generous. Management is wonderful at Eide Bailly.

We talked a lot about my involvement in Beta Alpha Psi and IMA on campus.

Growth.

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Co-workers respected me and helped when needed.
Assignments were challenging but continued to learn everyday.

Nothing comes to mind on this topic.

Everyone I engaged with was helpful and respectful. Other employees want you to succeed and improve as well.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to questions. There is a substantial amount of information that is needed to be absorbed right away, so there will always be many questions.

Prior experience, examples of adapting, why tax?

The Norman Eide Bailly office made for an amazing internship experience. Everyone was extremely welcoming and hugely informative!

Oklahoma City, OK | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The smaller office size allowed for many one on one interactions that furthered my experience. I felt comfortable asking anyone for help and felt so welcomed into the office.

The only con I could even come up with was that the office we were in had no windows which is so minor in the scheme of things.

If someone is looking for a smaller office with big opportunity then the Norman Eide Bailly office is the way to go. I could not have had a better experience learning from and working with all of the people there!

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for the management. They have the internship experience perfected.

Give me an example of a time in which you assumed a leadership position.

The amount of knowledge I took away, and support I received was more than I ever imagined!

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The willingness of everyone at the firm to drop whatever they are doing and help you with any questions you may have - whether it's where to enter something on a tax return, or to sit down with you and go through a complex return to find what's missing. Also their eagerness to want all interns and entry level employees to truly understand what they're working on and why we do things.

Honestly? It can be a stressful experience enduring your first internship only because there is a very steep learning curve. However that isn't due to the firm you've chosen - it's just the job. Eide Bailly couldn't have been more helpful in putting me at ease and helping to teach me as much as possible.

You can choose to complete an internship anywhere - I would highly suggest Eide Bailly because you get the hands on and in-depth experience you won't get anywhere else. Eide Bailly allows you to see projects through from start to finish, and get your "feet wet" in SO many different areas. The best part is if you have a specific interest in something they'll do their absolute best to get you in that department. For me it was financial institutions and agriculture - and I got experience in both!

Advice to Management

In all honesty I couldn't complain about anything within my organization. Everyone always wants higher compensation - but I think throughout the industry Eide Bailly is very competitive as far as compensation. One thing I would like to see is better retirement benefits. Although Eide Bailly does contribute more than most other companies to a 401(k), it would be nice to see higher contributions because it isn't anything "great".

I had an informal interview process so they did not ask me a list of questions. I went out to lunch with the department head and our marketing manager/recruiter. We had a very casual conversation and talked about my goals, where I see myself going within the firm, how I plan to execute my CPA, etc.

Eide Bailly is an awesome place to work! I learned more than I imagined I could in just 12 weeks at my internship.

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship was the willingness of the partners and other staff to help. They truly made me feel like I could ask them anything and that no question was a dumb one. Also, as an intern, my hours were very flexible and I was able to leave for classes or any appointments.

I did my internship in tax accounting so it was a shorter (about 12 weeks) internship. I would have liked to have had a longer time in the office learning, maybe 6 months. Also, with it being tax season there was an enormous amount of work to get done on deadlines so it was really intense.

Do your research. I preferred a company that had an established intern program because they know how to give you the most out of a short employment.

Learn hands on tax skills while completing your degree

Salt Lake City, UT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, good pay, lots of learning

some of the trainers were impatient, less willing to help

Remember the firm is putting on its best show, just like you are, during the interview process. Do your best to see what the firm will be like to work with after the interview is over. Eide Bailly is a relaxed workplace with good people, but all people can be annoying and difficult at times, and the work is stressful, so be ready to experience real life, not the image you might pick up from the firm (from any firm) during interviews and recruiting.

Advice to Management

Training was mostly rushed during a short "formal" mode, then some of the trainers were annoyed to have to help during the real, hands-on time of prepping tax returns. Training requires repetition, so if someone can't handle repeating things to interns, or showing them a way to access the info without asking the trainer, they shouldn't be training them.

What made you want to interview with us?

How would your peers describe your work style?

What do you like about tax accounting?

A time I chose audit over tax

Boise, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The knowledge I received was awesome. The training was great and everyone was always willing to help whether it was a partner or first year. The culture at Eide Bailly was phenomenal!

I couldn't tell you one thing I didn't like. It was an awesome experience.

To get the most out of an internship go full time and ask all the questions you can.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is let me use my own external monitor.

Quality, real job experience at your fingertips with an Eide Bailly Internship

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture was huge for me. The way I see it you can do the job almost anywhere, it's who you work with and the overall environment that really impact your experience.

There were certain audit areas that were not my favorite, and I didn't enjoy those jobs as much but that comes with any job.

When looking to looking for a job the environment of the office is very important. At Eide Bailly they do a good job making sure everyone works well together and create a team environment.

Enjoyable, Fun, and a Great Learning Experience

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, co-workers are fun and enjoyable to be around, Eide Bailly gives you the resources of a large firm but has the feeling of being a small firm which fits perfect for me, and Everyone is very helpful and willing to explain things.

Being overwhelmed in certain audit areas after the in-charges give you that area and then aren't around for you to ask questions.

Eide Bailly sends you into the field after your first couple of days so you will feel overwhelmed but just ask questions and you will be fine.

A better experience than Big 4 Firms

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained as an intern was invaluable. Working on the same things as the other associates allows for individuals to get a true taste of what they can expect.

Not always guaranteed a full work load.

While mid-market firms do not have the same hype as a Big 4 firm, the culture, hours, and people are far superior.