Eide Bailly Audit and Tax Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Accounting Internships  /  #29 Best Overall Internships

Accounting for people, laughter, and numbers
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers attitude both inside and outside of the workplace was wonderful. They were always inviting and kind even though I was just an intern. I never felt demeaned or made to do work because it was not good enough for others. Every project that was given to me was given to me for a purpose.

Some of the down time. When things got slow I was sometimes unsure of how I should be spending my time.

As an intern you really get the chance to dive into auditing and experience real client interaction. Ever person in the organization treated me like a valuable team member and I felt included instantly.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Advice to Management

Possible projects or educational training when work is low.

The opportunity to utilize my accounting skills, grow with Eide Bailly as a firm, and contribute to the organization.
Dubuque, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was taking a full load of classes along with playing a college sport and Eide Bailly allowed me to put my hours in whenever I was able to.

I wish I would have taken a full semester off of classes and worked full time at Eide Bailly instead of taking a full load of classes and still working part-time.

Eide Bailly is an excellent organization and everyone I met was extremely hardworking, yet still knew how to have fun in the office when it was acceptable.

Awesome
Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great and learned a lot about taxation

The beginning was tough because I didn't know a lot. Not a great job of explaining at the beginning.

Awesome place to work. I would 100% recommend.

What makes you a great candidate. What skills do you bring to the job as an intern.

Advice to Management

Just teaching how to training in the beginning. More examples would help but I understand time constraints.

Culture, Personal Growth Prevail in Eide Bailly Internship Program
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship is immediately given, both structured and unstructured.

Interns are given on-the-job training and responsibility immediately, without micromanagement or lengthy training sessions.

Culture is inclusive, and honest opinions/advice are always available (from every level of management)

Get to create a relationship with ever level of management from Partners to Associates. No 'chain of command' requirements.

Because I was only able to intern in the summer, I was only able to participate in Benefit Plan and non-profit audits rather than many financial statement audits. However, this is more a function of the industry than the internship itself; they do offer internships in different seasons that would allow students to see other types of audits.

Be prepared to be given responsibility. Your coworkers will always make sure your comfortable with the tasks you are given, but be willing to go out on a limb and mess up. On each job, you might be asked to go outside your comfort zone.

Be accepting of honest criticism and advice; Manager review isn't about scolding, it's about correcting your mistakes. Even if it takes a few tries!

What kind of feedback do you like to receive?

Describe a time you had to work in a difficult team, and how you handled the situation?

What are your plans for the future, what kind of a firm do you want to work for?

Advice to Management

With the new CPA requirements to have 150 hours of education, many of us are going back to school for our Master's; while Eide Bailly offers a fair amount in tuition assistance, it might be time to look into an increase in this benefit now that requirements are changing and making it more costly to enter the profession. Besides that, don't change a thing!

Eide Bailly truly cares and teaches their interns.
Oklahoma City, OK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is the remarkable learning experience. Eide Bailly trusted me and allowed me to figure problems out on my own, but there was always a coworker there if I ran into a problem I could not fix. I learned so much because I was given the correct amount of help and freedom. The culture at Eide Bailly also provided a great learning atmosphere for interns.

I honestly do not have any complaints, the company served me very well. If I had to choose a con, then I would say that I would have appreciated a little more extensive training my first week.

Eide Bailly is a one of a kind CPA firm. Despite stressful deadlines, the culture remains warm and friendly! Eide Bailly does not sacrifice efficiency for the friendly environment, but provides a perfect balance!

During my interview, I was asked to provide examples of when I performed group projects and examples of how I handled difficult situations. I was also asked what related course work I had completed, as well as how I did in my classes. Additionally, I was asked about my long term career goals.

Advice to Management

I have no suggestion, all the employees seem very happy at the firm.

Great experience
Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do so many different things. I got to work with tax, audit and accounting services and getting the opportunity to learn a bunch of things is really interesting.

Nothing really. Everyone was great and I felt very comfortable with the work I was doing.

I would tell another candidate to definitely consider Eide Bailly as an employer because they value their employees and it shows around the office. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to answer questions from new employees.

Advice to Management

I thought compensation, hours, and training were great.

Eye-opening
Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, growing, building relationships with co-workers and clients

The high stress environment

Expect to know nothing, learn to learn

Extremely Beneficial Real-World Experience
Fargo, ND | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working alongside extremely intelligent employees and clients and learning from them every step of the way

Eating fast food while travelling

Take advantage of internship opportunities. You will be surprised by how much different the public accounting industry is from the material you learn in school

Best way to experience what an audit associate does, while getting paid

Flexible schedule

Great pay

Quality training

Great culture/people

Ability to work with clients from all industries

In order to experience working with clients from every industry, time spent working on each client was often limited to one week. Typically client engagements would exceed one week, and therefore there were times in which it was difficult to experience wrapping up an engagement.

This internship program is great way to experience what working at Eide Bailly LLP is all about and the ideal recruiting process of choice by the company.

Unique work culture
Oklahoma City, OK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Eide Bailly offers a unique working environment. Every one works together and feels like a team.

There were sometimes where we had no work.

Eide Bailly is an excellent opportunity. Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions.

"Describe a situation where something did not go as you expected, or you experienced conflict, etc."

Advice to Management

n/a