Intern at Eide Bailly LLP Audit & Tax Internships? Submit a Review

A company that helps you grow and develop.

Boise, ID | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The different teams I worked with and the different industries I was exposed to.

Nothing really stands out of what I didn't like.

I never travelled more than and hour drive as an intern but I know other associates travel quite a bit and stay multiple nights on jobs.

Advice to Management

I think benefits could be more aggressive especially healthcare.

Excellent internship opportunity to be challenged and gain valuable experience

Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the flexibility with my school schedule. When I had midterms or finals, they were extremely flexible and allowed me the time to gain the most out of my graduate school experience. The work environment is also conducive to learning and flexibility, with minimal micro-managing.

The training process could have been improved and more extensive with software use. Also more direction on billability and time entry would be more appreciated.

As a regional firm, there are pros and cons about starting a career here. The pros are the work life balance, flexibility, and overall feel and culture. The cons can be the size of clients, a lot smaller than Big 4, and a more limited ability to advance based on a smaller amount of openings.

Advice to Management

The training can definitely be improved. Spending more time on the front end investing in the interns training and software use will pay off with time saved throughout busy season.

Describe your work experience, why do you think you would be a good fit for our firm, and on a scale of 1-10, rate your accounting knowledge are a few of the interview questions I was asked.

Great company and great coworkers

Fargo, ND | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I did was very rewarding and the people I worked with made my time there very enjoyable

The long hours took a tole on my life outside of work

Work hard and be yourself. The company has a great firm culture and the employees are very nice and easy to work with

Best decision I ever made.

Reno, NV | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would have to say the people. I was immediately welcomed, and never felt as though I was an intern. No one made me feel bad for being new and not understanding anything. I would also have to say the flexibility, I started in tax, then asked if I could try out audit, and they allowed me to switch happily. I have also done work for our other area which is accounting services. They have allowed me to really figure out where I want to be before I jumped in.

It was very difficult to manage with school. They were very understanding if I needed to take a day off for studies, but the heart of tax season and midterms were the same time. I personally have a hard time saying no, so when they asked if I was available to work weekends right before tax day I could not decline, which is hard to coordinate with a full time school schedule. It is very doable though, you just have to be conscious of both sides and not forget about your classes.

I had never really heard about my firm until I was networking, and I had my head stuck in the big four world. I think it is important to not only think of those firms, which are probably great. However, smaller firms can offer just as good of pay and benefits, which I personally did not know, and be a lot more enjoyable. When we do not have work, we will play flag football or go to the beach as an office, and that is a culture you will not get in a big organization. Culture is huge at our office, and a lot of other employers do not have that focus.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is a quick crash course in auditing before going out in the field. We had a training week for tax, but not for audit, and I think this would help especially when it came to how to use the software.

I do not remember much, but there was many "describe a moment when..." questions. Some examples are "Describe a moment when you failed at something" or "Describe a moment when you challenged yourself."

Mind Unraveled and to Explore

Tulsa, OK | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Be able to talk to all employees of the firm no matter the title they hold.

That I am always cold.

Do your research and interview for the Leadership Project.

Advice to Management

I wish that I could have had more of a training course in tricks relating to Excel in Engagement.

Come ready to work but don't expect to be too stressed out. Expect to enjoy those that you work with.

Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the learning curve from working in the field that I graduated in. I like that I felt included and was respected by other staff. The seniors and managers are very patient and are always open to help out.

Sometimes I felt that tasks given to me were not explained good upfront so I was sometimes left spinning my wheels a bit. This only happened several times.

A lot of stuff that you learn in your undergraduate will be used but at an easier level. Most if not all the stuff I do I learned in school but I feel like I do better because I am not stressing as much as I was because it isn't school work and there is always somebody to ask for help.

Advice to Management

I think it would have been nice to get some sort of pay on holidays since we interns especially most of them are still going to school. But that to me is not a deal breaker or any kind negative. That is I believe company policy for most places.

What would be my biggest strength?
What I have done to be active in the community?

Getting an actual feel for what auditors do on a day-to-day basis.

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to clients and getting to experience what my potential career will be like.

I thought the training videos we did the first week were pointless and did not help me for what I actually did.

Be ready to learn a lot and don't expect to do the usual "intern duties"

Advice to Management

Informing the interns what the compensation etc is like for the employees.

Didn't have a formal interview.

A rewarding experience that helped set in stone what my future career should be.

Fargo, ND | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed how I wasn't micro-managed. You're expected to get the work done with minimal supervision, although there is always somebody there to ask for help when stuck on an issue.

As in any public accounting firm you are expected to put in a lot of hours during busy season. You have to expect your life to be put on hold during those 3 months. BUT! In Fargo, ND those 3 months are our coldest so it isn't that bad to be inside all day anyways.

I was lucky because I had a friend that was currently working for Eide Bailly so I was able to pick her brain a lot about the firm.

Well diversified with industry exposure, responsibilities assigned, and performance feedback.

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversity of assignments, coworkers, location, clients, and culture.

I can honestly say that the entire experience was great.

Know who you are, and choose a firm that fits your goals, values and personality.

I became a better communicator!

Dubuque, IA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The interactions with staff and partners. I learned a lot of business language

I loved the internship. I learned so much

I wish I became more involved at the beginning of the internship instead of waiting.

What are your strengths?
What do you need to work on?