Eide Bailly Audit and Tax Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #16 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Eide Bailly Audit and Tax Internships? Log in to Submit a Review

A Learning Expereince with Respect
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Eide Bailly allowed for me to work only 40 hours a week during busy season. They also allowed for me to learn as though I was already a full-time hire without having extreme deadline pressures. I got the feel that I was brought in as an intern with the intention of becoming a full hire once I graduated from College.

Pay was slighltly below industry average.

Eide Bailly treats you with the utmost respect as a person and professional as an intern.

Meaning of Culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people within the organization.

That I wasn't able to get a lot of client contact or sit in on client meetings.

Culture is very important when looking for an organization to become apart of.

Advice to Management

To involve associates more within the client contact process so when working on client documents, it is easier to have a better idea of how the client operates.

Excellent experience working with great people
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great people while learning the skills I will need when I begin full-time

I truly enjoyed every aspect of the internship

Great organization with potential for upward mobilitiy

Advice to Management

N/A

Challenging and rewarding work with great mentors and colleagues.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, Eide Bailly culture, fun and intelligent colleagues, actually being able to apply what was learned from all of the college textbooks.

Having to adapt to different manager requirements.

Great learning experience and opportunities for advancement beyond the internship.

An internship with Eide Bailly was a wonderful learning experience with a great firm, and an excellent opporunity for full time employment.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience to this career. Valuable training. I was treated with respect and given real work. Great co-workers and managers that are friendly and nice to work with each day. Amazing firm culture.

In order to be successful at work and school at the same time you must be very disciplined. I would not recommend interning during tax season, and taking a full load of classes to a younger student who is not ready to commit full time to the career and demands of the job/school. I had great mentors and knowledge of the demands going into the position so I can say I felt prepared for this load. It was an overall awesome experience, and developed many skill sets needed for the tax department.

My above pros and cons are valuable to my employers as far as the position.

Advice to Management

I enjoy Eide Bailly very much.

Easily said, spending four months with Eide Bailly was the greatest learning experience of my life!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the job was the amazing people at Eide Bailly and all of the knowledge gained in such a short amount of time.

Nothing. Great job!

Watch out for Eide Bailly, they might be too awesome!

Advice to Management

Seriously, nothing wrong. (I thought about it for a while)

Amazing Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was getting to know the individuals at Eide Bailly. The culture was so welcoming and as I was not originally from Denver it was great to have an immediate sense of belonging. Additionally, getting to do real work during the internship was exciting and re-assured my choice in career path.

I can't think of anything that could've been better during the internship.

Eide Bailly is a great firm. The summer internship is a great way to get to know the company as well as determine if you'll enjoy public accounting. Additionally, there are many social activities that make the summer an absolute blast.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job. Compensation can always go up but I'm pretty sure compensation at Eide Bailly is set at a competitive level for others in our market.

Excellent learning experience with a firm who truely cares about your success and enjoyment at work.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture, other staff, actually getting to do audits

no overtime which makes it difficult to complete works when there is a lot to do

The company is very good about making sure your internship experience is the best that it can be because if it is a good fit for the firm they want to hire you back. The firm is very good about helping you out and making sure you are learning throughout your experience as well as having a good time at work.

Advice to Management

Make benefits more comparable to others in the area, it has been said that EB does not have as good of beneifits as other CPA firms.

Great summer job!

Real world experience.

Not always having a whole lot to do.

In choosing an internship, you have to think about future employment opportunities. You shouldn't choose an internship just based on pay because more than likely, that company just pays their interns well and their full-time staff salary isn't comparable to others.

Advice to Management

Employee retention is Eide Bailly's biggest problem right now. I think it's due to Partners and Managers not listening to their staff.

Challenging work environment that gives you invaluable accounting experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hourly pay was above average for similar internships, from what I researched. Also, the company tends to let you work as much or as little as you need or want, which allows great flexibility for students. Eide Bailly has a strong open-door policy, which allows interns to work closely with managers and even partners. The experience I gained is invaluable and even if I want to work in industry later in my life, I'll be worlds ahead of other candidates just for having public accounting experience.

Depending on the time of year, at some points I had very little work to do during the day. Auditing typically has busy seasons and dead seasons and interning during all or part of a dead season isn't ideal.

For a candidate looking for a public accounting position, Eide Bailly separates itself from other large firms by creating a small firm feeling. EB is a top 25 public accounting firm in the country, but it maintains a strong firm culture that emphasizes maintaining a good quality of life and an open-door policy. You won't get closer interaction with partners in any other firm of this size. You get to work with numerous clients across various industries, whereas in other large firms, you typically are forced to focus on one particular industry, working on a few large clients a year. You won't get lost in the crowd and promotion opportunities are immense. Generally associates will be promoted to seniors within 2 to 3 years.

Advice to Management

Employee retention is always a difficult thing to maintain in public accounting; Eide Bailly struggles some with this. However, public accounting isn't for everyone. EB is a great place to work but it could work on trying harder to keep their employees from going elsewhere.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)