Eide Bailly Audit and Tax Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #16 Best Overall Internships

You are not "just" an intern, you are a valuable team member.
Fargo, ND | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The challenging work

- The people/culture

- The amount of responsibility given to you

Summer is a really slow time of year for audit. I would suggest doing a Spring internship if you really want the whole experience.

If you're willing to work hard and challenge yourself, then this is the place for you. A lot is expected of you as an intern, but there are plenty of people willing to help you if you need it. The people are great, the work is really interesting, and overall it was a great intern experience.

Advice to Management

Having someone assigned as a direct supervisor would be helpful. Sometimes when something came up and I needed to ask for time off or questions related to my internship, I wasn't sure who to direct them to.

Beware...once you enter you're never going to want to leave!
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the the internship was the people, the clients, and the real life experiences.

Doing my internship it was hard to get use the hours I was working starting off as this might be common for most starting off in public accounting. Also, as I informed the firm as well, it would have helped if they communicated that for travel they reimbursed vervsus providing company cards. Many of us did not have credit cards yet, and we had to depend on other's to book our travel for us. There were also times when it wasn't clear that we were traveling unless we were informed ahead of time, which wasn't always done. I really liked how when this feedback was given to the firm they took it and immediately contacted who they needed to in order to get it resolved.

This firm is awesome. Starting out I was afraid about asking questions and maybe not getting everything right away, the people here was great, extremely, great at answering questions, whatever it may be, or finding someone who can answer your questions. Also when they go through your work and give you feed back, they are willing on sitting down with you, and going through all of their feedback and making sure you understand why they may have commented a certain way and way's to improve. I never felt scared to ask a question. If you are doing a good job and are learning they will assign you more difficult task which allows you to learn more quicker and potentially move up quicker.

Advice to Management

Some advice to management would be to maybe to re-evaluate the effectiveness of EB 101 or maybe extend it from one week to two weeks. Myself and other's felt like EB 101 didn't really give us a good foundation on what to expect going into the job. The training went so fast that you have to spend extra time outside of EB101 re-learning material. Also I was only an intern and this was the only training I recieved there might be a follow-up to EB 101 that I didn't recieve as an intern.

Great atmosphere, culture and people propells firm into one of the top places to work!
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The aspects that I loved about my internship was the fact that you worked on the same things as a normal tax associate worked on. You were able to get the true first hand look at what your profession and potential future job would be like. I enjoyed the friendly and outgoing coworkers that were there to help me if I had any questions, no matter how immaterial or stupid you might think they are. This type of mentoring and "family" atmospher isn't just contained a the associate level. It runs all the way to the top of the company. It truely is a great place to work.

If i had to pick the least favorite thing about work, was the occasional coming in on saturday morning to get in some extra work. Its hard to want to come in on a saturday, but it is what you will have to do when you work in this type of profession. So it was nice to get a feel for it during the internship.

Listen to what the interviewer has to say, because they do not lie or over exagerate the company when they tell you what it is like to work for them. Looking back on my interview and my experience with the company, they hit the nail on the head when they told me about the companies culture and the atmosphere.

Advice to Management

I think there is not a lot that they could change to make them selves any better from what I can see. The compansation is very fair, you work very reasonable hours, and if you work hard you have a very good possibility to be extended a full time offer. They really like to retain those that show that they are dedicated and willing to put in the extra effort for the comapny. You also get good hands on training in all of the software that they use and are able to receive the assistance of any of your coworkers if you run into any problems that you need help on.

It was the best experience I could have ever dreamed of. Best people, training, and exposure to different returns.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Variety of tax returns that I was exposed to and the people in the local and distant offices. Very good hands on training on all software before starting.

I did not want my internship to end!!

Take notes on everything and double check work. Do not be afraid to ask questions from partners and people above you they are willing to help.

Advice to Management

Do not change a thing.

Tax Intern for the Financial Institutions Services group. The work I completed was important and I served a purpose.

Pay/Culture

Challenging

Ask Questions

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Work hard and you will be rewarded.
Boise, ID | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to get familiar with the culture and experience what the job is like.

I really do not have anything I can say I did not like about my experience.

This firm is well respected and ambitious in its plan to grow. The size allows for opportunity to work with a wide variety of industries both in size and specialty. I am pleased to tell people I work for Eide Bailly.

Great place to work. Every day there is something new to learn.
Fargo, ND | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I met and the real work experience that I had.

I have not come across any negative experiences during my internship.

The company really values your input and the work that you do. As an intern at Eide Bailly you get real career experience and are given timely feedback on your progress. The people and the company culture are the best part about working at Eide Bailly. It is unlike anywhere I have worked before.

Eide Bailly treats interns as if they were full time hires.
Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The on the job experience.

Limitations on ability to perform more significant work.

EB is a fantastic organization. The culture is as they advertise, especially considering the perception of the occupation and other firms.

Advice to Management

From the perspective of an intern, internal communication sometimes can lag, but since the beginning of the internship, this area has improved signifcantly.

Fast-paced
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to gain more responsibility and experience via effort and talents. Being able to actually meet with clients in-person.

There is a short-turn around time for understanding the material initially.

Do not be afraid of making mistakes; rather, it is better to quickly execute your tasks in a timely manner than to second-guess your decision-making ability. Through the use of review points, you will begin to understand and learn from mistakes.

Advice to Management

Instill in your recruits the mindset that efficiency is key.

Great learning experience
Oklahoma City, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The designated "buddy" system assigned to each of us helped with questione

Training was not very hands-on. Watched a lot of videos and practiced on a computer but everything felt so new so it was hard to follow.

Be ready to start doing returns after training. Ask as many questions as possible. It gets easier the more returns you prepare

Advice to Management

Training could have been better. Interns learned more by doing returns than from training.