Intern at Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP Internship Program? Submit a Review

A firm that puts it's employees on the same level of respect and care as it's clients.

Washington, DC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, events, and experience.

Downtime, which is expected for summer internships.

Meet as many people as you can. Worry more about the relationships, the concepts will come.

A first-year associate experience

Norfolk, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like this was the first job where I was treated like a human being and professional. We did the same work as associates and my input was valued like any other employee.

We were expected to partake in activities that took away from chargeable time. Other than that it was fantastic.

DHG really cares about the people it employs and interacts with and everyone has been very nice so far.

Advice to Management

Honestly I cannot really think of anything specific to the internship program.

What made you interested in Accounting?

How did you hear about DHG?

What made you choose DHG?

(Going down the resume) What did you learn from prior positions/why were they important?

What do you do in your free time?

When do you graduate/will you have 120 or 150 credits when you graduate?

What are your career plans/goals?

Are you planning on getting your CPA?

Unsure about Audit or Tax, enjoy a challenge- come do both while learning something new everyday

Memphis, TN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome work environment

High expectations of the interns.

Flexible hours

Lot of information delivered in a manageable manner

10 weeks flew by.

Timing of the internship. Summer is a slower period of work for CPA's (not the fault of the internship really)

Be ready to accept the challenge and do not be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

None DHG is already asking those questions striving to improve. The internal bar is set so high by DHG, they pride themselves tremendously on leading in all areas in regard to work as well as life outside of work.

Project Management intern on a large scale project

Wilmington, DE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working hands on with people and seeing what goes on in high level management decision making

There was nothing i disliked during the course of the internship

Invaluable experience that will leave you with knowledge that you will use for the rest of your career

Advice to Management

N/A

Local cool guy finds IT Consulting to be rewarding

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I have been working for. Everyone has given me substantial opportunity to prove myself as a valuable future asset to the company.

At some points there was a lack of work.

Advice to potential new interns - be open to work on anything you can get your hands on. You will have the opportunity to get exposure in many different areas and industries if you are open minding and open to accepting as much work as you can. No one will over work you and they don't expect you to be perfect the first time around.

Advice to Management

The work-life balance at DHG is great. It causes everyone to come into work happier than anywhere else I've seen...this causes a chain reaction of a better work experience, employee retention, etc.. There is nothing substantial that needs to be improved on.

Can you get along with different types of people?

Can you maintain client-relationships?

Do you have a good base-knowledge of IT systems and industry norms?

Professional growth and relationship building at it's finest.

Greenville, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, location, client interaction

Everything about this internship was fantastic!

Ask as many questions as possible. Don't be afraid to fail.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the workplace a fun environment. Continue to listen to employees concerns. Continue to keep people first.

N/A

While intering I recieved the treatment of a full time employee. Very rewarding.

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects were being on different engagements and actually doing the work that first and second year employees for DHG do on a daily basis.

There was a time were I worked on a project with an employee who was stationed in a different office. It made communication hard and the objective for myself was unclear. It's best if we had face to face communication.

Be ready to work and learn. The work here at DHG is not busy work, the work you will do is real field work with real people.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase the diversity. That is a major key in having a top organization.

Connecting The Dots: Those ah-ha moments where the things you learned in class actually are used in your everyday job.

Richmond, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Launch/Training program. The other interns and building relationships with them. Learning about all of the different services we offer.

No outside of work activities to build relationships

Not once this summer did I have trouble getting out of bed - I was excited to go to work and take on a new challenging task. I was excited to learn and apply. I made great relationships with the other interns.

Advice to Management

Have interns start working on clients the week they get to the office. Don't make us sit around for 3 weeks until you let us go to a client - that's the best part!

We did not have cookie cutter questions - we had real conversation about what we wanted to talk about and what was important to us. The interview process is why I loved DHG.

Great experience with excellent training and staff

Norfolk, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

training and the job work

Wish it was longer

Dress professionally on the interview, first impressions matter!

Incredible Experience at DHG

working with senior managers

not much work for me because their best period is in the spring

be willing to listen, and always ask to do something

Advice to Management

None I can think off

My interview process was through a dinner, so can't really provide examples