Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internship

Intern at Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Accept great responsibilities and tackle new challenges daily with the full support of coworkers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Complexity and importance of the work I did and the culture of my coworkers and the overall company.

I would have enjoyed the opportunity to network with a wider variety of partners, though I understand the logistical challenges of such a demand.

Don't be afraid to ask any question, but learn the balance between taking coworkers' time and making assumptions and continuing to work.

Advice to Management

Deloitte does a great job of managing employees' expectations. People know what they're getting into and what they can get out of a career with Deloitte Consulting.

A Summer Filled with Learning, Networking, and Fun
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience and opportunity to have many responsibilities in our work. We actually did real audit work. Also, it was a really fun experience.

The times during the summer where there is not enough work for the interns were extremely boring.

Find the right fit. All public accounting firms do basically the same work. It is all about the people you are working with.

One of the best experiences of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with different clients and colleagues.
Interaction with partners.
Culture was excellent.

I wish it was longer than 8 weeks.

Go in with an open mind.
Be friendly and easy to work with.

The Best of the Big Four

the people
the skills I learned
the activities that were planned for my intern class

my clients were not very exciting but I will get more interesting clients next summer

the best of the big four - great name
Prestigous
Compensation
the DC area

Should Hard Work and Earning Career Opportunities Have Been That FUN?! :)
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great pay, amazing intern events (conference, Disney trip, company outings, etc.), meaningful work on a daily basis, ability to communicate with all levels of management, great corporate culture

If you happened to be unassigned, then your day could get a little boring. But, being a go-getter and finding work to do always eliminated that problem

Be ready to learn and adapt. The environment is very welcoming and it is very easy to make friends. Using your social skills to network, find opportunities and hone your craft is a MUST

An internship with Deloitte is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in professional services.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Attending the regional training conference at Deloitte's new facility "Deloitte University" was my favorite aspect of the internship. Not only did the facility have state-of-the art resources to learn, but it also offered numerous luxuries to enjoy during our down time. The structure of the conference allowed me the opportunity to meet and network with professionals from Deloitte offices across the country.

In retrospect, the training week at the beginning of the internship was too long. While it was important to develop a basic understanding of the audit process, much of the training was based on hypothetical situations.

Enjoy your internship experience to the fullest extent, and make an effort to network with your colleagues and supervisors.

Extended interview leads to full-time offer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My supervisors, colleagues, and recruiters were very supportive. They made it clear from the beginning that they wanted to see us succeed, and would be available to give us feedback and help to work toward that goal.

I felt that some of my fellow interns were a bit unprofessional in the ways they tried to relate to each other and I didn't appreciate the peer pressure to join in whatever they saw as a good time.

Interact with the people there and ask yourself, can I see myself working with these people eight hours a day or more, five days a week? Do they appreciate the unique strengths I bring too?

Deloitte and Touche Awarded Best Intern Program for 2012
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met was by far the best aspect of my internship. Everyone worked really well together, and all the people at Deloitte did a great job making us feel at home.

The amount of down time we had. There were several instances where we would just be literally sitting around because we were unassigned.

Some advice I have for a potential intern would be to sharpen their Excel and writing skills. Being efficient in both of these fields is crucial in order to get work done on time.

Advice to Management

N/A

Unbelievable!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people where the best aspect of the enitre internship! Socializing with everyone made the day much easier and much more enjoyable to work in. Also the experience was excellent in every aspect in accounting. Understanding methods and ways to approach complex tax returns or even specific journal entries will greatly help in my accounting career. Theses types of opportunities help expand the mind in problem solving and generally help you to become efficient and effective in every area in business.

Absolutely nothing! I enjoyed every aspect about Deloitte Tax LLP. I have done five internships while in college and no experience has even come close to the great time that I had at Deloitte. The internship gave unbelievable opportunities to network with coworkers inside and outside the company!

My advice is to be yourself. Being yourself means to be "unique". By being unique, will seperate you from the rest as you stay consistent each day. By being consistent each day will eventualy (if not already), turn anyone into a leader. This is what any candidate and employee at Deloitte strives on each day.

Advice to Management

Again, nothing. I do not have any advice because I was pleased with my entire experience.

Great place to launch a career. Endless opportunities and possibilities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay, experience, and career advancement.

The long hours.

Be prepared to work.

Advice to Management

Great overall program.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)