4.6 of 5 stars (1,663 Ratings)

Intern at Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internships? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,663 Intern Reviews

Audit Intern NYC

New York, NY | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

You meet so many great people from diverse backgrounds. You get to go to Deloitte University which is mostly a fun time. There are also numerous intern events throughout the summer which are also mostly fun. The pay is also the hourly equivalent of a first year associate. Plus no overtime, because they would rather not pay you overtime.

You don't really get too much exposure to actual audit work. You also don't get told the brutal truth about the hours these people work. Most people try to sugarcoat things and make things sound all fine and dandy at Deloitte. Make sure to do your homework before accepting any offer.

Comments

You need a good GPA, at the very minimum 3.0 but preferably 3.2 or higher. They also like extra curriculars but also leadership roles in those groups/clubs. You have to make sure to do some networking at your school's business events because you'll tend to see similar faces. This way when they review your resume they can put a face to the name.

Hard Work, Great Reward

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to travel which was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed having a job where I learned something new every day and no day was exactly the same. I had great teams that also helped make the experience more enjoyable.

The hours were very long on some weeks and sometimes it was frustrating coming across something that I just didn't have the experience or background to tackle.

Make sure you fit well with the people you meet because you will be working with them a lot.

I was asked to describe some of my leadership roles and how I have used those roles in my life. I was also asked why I wanted to be an Accountant and why I chose Deloitte.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can think of that my organization could do better.

An unbelievable experience that gives you the tools neccessary to start a successful career.

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people as well as the tools you learn are the best aspects of the internship.

There weren't any aspects that I had during my internship that I didn't like. Deloitte went above and beyond my expectation.

Deloitte has all the resources you need to start your career. All employees act as mentors whether you are an intern or a new hire. They will help you every step of the way.

Give an example of a situation were you worked in a group setting.

Give an example of a time you showed marketing skills such as selling the service of a business you worked for.

Advice to Management

I truly can't think of anything Deloitte could do better when it comes to work environment, work-life balance, and training.

Where working hard isn't a chore, its an experience

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The type of work I was given, interesting and challenging

Few intern events

Ask questions! All the employees on my team were more than welcome to answer any question and fully help me understand what I was confused on, why I was confused, and where I could go for the answer.

What about Deloitte interests you? Why accounting? When was a time you have failed and how did you manage your failure? What is something you're proud of? Elaborate on the first couple bullet points of your resume.

An incredible education experience with incredible rewards if you are willing to put in the work

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the breadth of information and responsibilities

During busy season, more stress relievers would be nice

Be ready to put yourself to work, what you get out of this internship will be reflective of what you put into it

Describe a time, during school or work, when you actually thought you were not going to make it through your day/week, like you could not keep going. How did you get through it?

Work Hard, Play Hard

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do same work/tasks as staff auditors

Nothing, it was perfect

Network, network, network!

Wonderful People Make the Deloitte Experience Worthwhile

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, wonderful opportunities, fabulous benefits

wish it was longer

Always keep a positive attitude and cherish each moment at Deloitte.

Deloitte internship was a perfect summer vacation

Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Co-workers, intern trips, mentor, happy hours

It was too short(8 weeks)

Deloitte is a great company and they have a informative and exciting internship program.

Branching into Healthcare while developing relationships

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel overseas to Europe for the client

Not working with a team each week

Look at their strengths in the marketplace compared to other consulting firms. (Deloitte has a large Healthcare practice).

I do not remember.

Advice to Management

Sponsor events to encourage networking in the office

Incredible professional development.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-The two trips to Deloitte University.

The evaluation process.

Talk to current practitioners about their client engagements.

- What is a challenge you overcame?

- What process does a business's organization go through during a global expansion?

Advice to Management

Continue to increase flexibility and predictability