4.5 of 5 stars (1,146 Ratings)

Intern at Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internships? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,146 Intern Reviews

Audit Intern NYC

New York, NY | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

You meet so many great people from diverse backgrounds. You get to go to Deloitte University which is mostly a fun time. There are also numerous intern events throughout the summer which are also mostly fun. The pay is also the hourly equivalent of a first year associate. Plus no overtime, because they would rather not pay you overtime.

You don't really get too much exposure to actual audit work. You also don't get told the brutal truth about the hours these people work. Most people try to sugarcoat things and make things sound all fine and dandy at Deloitte. Make sure to do your homework before accepting any offer.

Comments

You need a good GPA, at the very minimum 3.0 but preferably 3.2 or higher. They also like extra curriculars but also leadership roles in those groups/clubs. You have to make sure to do some networking at your school's business events because you'll tend to see similar faces. This way when they review your resume they can put a face to the name.

Exciting opportunity to work with leader firms in various industries

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn from experienced consultants; the insights of industries; the connection with experts of various areas.

I hope the internship could be longer.

Don't be afraid of asking questions. Questions are welcomed, and the colleagues and managers are willing to help you find the answers for get connected to the persons you want to know.

Where working hard isn't a chore, its an experience

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The type of work I was given, interesting and challenging

Few intern events

Ask questions! All the employees on my team were more than welcome to answer any question and fully help me understand what I was confused on, why I was confused, and where I could go for the answer.

What about Deloitte interests you? Why accounting? When was a time you have failed and how did you manage your failure? What is something you're proud of? Elaborate on the first couple bullet points of your resume.

Best summer job to date

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with clients, learning something new every day, networking with co-workers and other industry professionals

There were no cons of my internship with D&T

Pick the accounting firm that you feel the most comfortable working at.

Most interactive and forward looking internship you can find

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real hands on experience

It was too short

Do your work, be outspoken, and always ask to help in anyway possible

Advice to Management

If they could extend the internship that would be great, otherwise, fantastic experience

The most amazing internship experience and phenomenal learning opportunity

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning opportunities, networking, travel to Deloitte university, training, getting to know other interns

I would've liked to have a non-local client

This internship is the real deal and this is easily the most amazing company to work for. The internship experience provides you with more opportunities than any other internship I've come across, the compensation is amazing, everyone wants to see you grow and learn and you will become very close with other interns. This is an amazing way to start your career; unlike other internships you have real responsibilities and are solving real client problems. You learn so much in 10 weeks but have a blast doing it.

First round:

30 minute behavioral questions discuss GPA, why you chose your major, what classes you're taking, how you stay organized, how you work in a group, a challenge you've faced in a group, why consulting.

30 minute case: case on how to handle data when merging two systems from two different companies due to merger and acquisition.

Second round:

1 hour case: much more in depth, need to know technology well -- practice, practice, practice!!! Stay calm, and take your time.

Advice to Management

Let the interns stay at Deloitte University for longer than 3 days. But other than that, honestly nothing, It's an amazing place to work.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do same work/tasks as staff auditors

Nothing, it was perfect

Network, network, network!

Wonderful People Make the Deloitte Experience Worthwhile

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, wonderful opportunities, fabulous benefits

wish it was longer

Always keep a positive attitude and cherish each moment at Deloitte.

Hard Work, Great Reward

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to travel which was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed having a job where I learned something new every day and no day was exactly the same. I had great teams that also helped make the experience more enjoyable.

The hours were very long on some weeks and sometimes it was frustrating coming across something that I just didn't have the experience or background to tackle.

Make sure you fit well with the people you meet because you will be working with them a lot.

I was asked to describe some of my leadership roles and how I have used those roles in my life. I was also asked why I wanted to be an Accountant and why I chose Deloitte.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can think of that my organization could do better.

An unbelievable experience that gives you the tools neccessary to start a successful career.

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people as well as the tools you learn are the best aspects of the internship.

There weren't any aspects that I had during my internship that I didn't like. Deloitte went above and beyond my expectation.

Deloitte has all the resources you need to start your career. All employees act as mentors whether you are an intern or a new hire. They will help you every step of the way.

Give an example of a situation were you worked in a group setting.

Give an example of a time you showed marketing skills such as selling the service of a business you worked for.

Advice to Management

I truly can't think of anything Deloitte could do better when it comes to work environment, work-life balance, and training.