Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internship

Intern at Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Internship of a life time

Networking with the current employees, and visiting Deloitte University

Nothing, the whole internship was a great learning experience

Do your research to make sure this is the firm you want to start a career at, and make sure there is room for growth

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything

Accept great responsibilities and tackle new challenges daily with the full support of coworkers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Complexity and importance of the work I did and the culture of my coworkers and the overall company.

I would have enjoyed the opportunity to network with a wider variety of partners, though I understand the logistical challenges of such a demand.

Don't be afraid to ask any question, but learn the balance between taking coworkers' time and making assumptions and continuing to work.

Advice to Management

Deloitte does a great job of managing employees' expectations. People know what they're getting into and what they can get out of a career with Deloitte Consulting.

One of the best experiences of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with different clients and colleagues.
Interaction with partners.
Culture was excellent.

I wish it was longer than 8 weeks.

Go in with an open mind.
Be friendly and easy to work with.

The Best of the Big Four

the people
the skills I learned
the activities that were planned for my intern class

my clients were not very exciting but I will get more interesting clients next summer

the best of the big four - great name
Prestigous
Compensation
the DC area

Delightful internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a chance to experience the real life that I will live everyday if I then work in public accounting industry. I met colleagues that are experienced and helpful. They made my internship very happy.

Nothing to dislike.

Deloitte's internship will give you a precious experience that it prepares you to be a better full-time employee. It also helps you decide if you want to work in public accounting because what you experienced in your internship is highly likely to be your future career life.

Advice to Management

If the training at the beginning of the internship could be more interesting.

a great learning experience

friendliness

my hour long commute

be yourself and be professional

Real life experience while learning about Deloitte's values, culture, and people
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed learning about Deloitte's clients. Through spending time at the client, I felt that I truly understood the company's business and industry much more in-depth than before. I also was able to directly report and speak with the client. This opportunity was great to develop communication skills and build confidence. Deloitte provided enough training for me to feel competent on the job. I also enjoyed meeting the Deloitte professionals. They cared about my background and included me in discussions and social events.

Because my internship was during the summer, it was Deloitte's slower season for work. There were some times on the job where I didn't have much work to do. During that time, I would find other Deloitte professionals that needed tasks to be done, such as formatting a worksheet or picking up documents from the client.

Deloitte is the only Big 4 that has built their own training facility in Dallas, TX. The facility is called Deloitte University, and it is a true representation of how much Deloitte values their people and invests in the company's education, professionalism, and future. While at DU, my intern region was able to network, meet established professionals, and complete a real-life simulation.

Thorough Training, Amazing Culture and Great Networking Opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned how to prepare work papers from scratch
I received a behind the scenes look of how financial items on annual reports are derived
I got to work with an awesome team that cared and tought me more than I thought they would
I got to travel to Deloitte University and see the culture of Deloitte on a wider scale
There was more interaction with other interns than there were in my last three internships

It definitely was not long enough, we did not have much time to really walk out with solid experience in our field. While the experience we received was great overall, it was still very high level. An extension of one more month might be something to consider, especially since we had many networking events and did some traveling in between.

This internship was very helpful to me, even in school. I completed my internship a month before I had to take the class for the actual line of work I was doing, and I was literally ahead of my peers. Exams were a breeze because I could remember being taught these things from my team members. So the work is relevent and definitely worthwhile.

A Summer Filled with Learning, Networking, and Fun
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience and opportunity to have many responsibilities in our work. We actually did real audit work. Also, it was a really fun experience.

The times during the summer where there is not enough work for the interns were extremely boring.

Find the right fit. All public accounting firms do basically the same work. It is all about the people you are working with.

Hard work, comes great reward
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting the people that had been with the company a long time. Even seeing a few people with the company leave to better opportunities and the attitudes that employees had towards the people leaving was amazing. Even the people moving on said that they would have wanted to start their career anywhere else, and they were able to move on only because of their experience there.

too many social events. they may have been better suited for others, but i would have rather spent time away from work.

be prepared to work hard.