4.6 of 5 stars (1,856 Ratings)

Intern at Deloitte Consulting LLP Internship? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,856 Intern Reviews

Good place to learn

February 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Culture (very friendly people), exposure to clients, good exit opportunities

Long hours, extra internal projects (on top of client engagements)

Comments

Come here if you are willing to work hard and develop your self

I loved my internship experience, which provided significant professional growth and the opportunity to develop my expertise as a consultant

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that there was a large focus on my professional development and investment in my learning throughout the internship. I felt that Deloitte was highly committed to helping me grow as a consultant and provided me with the tools and skills in order to do so. I had great mentors and supervisors during the internship, who I felt truly cared about my success. I also had the opportunity to connect with leaders and learn more about their careers at the firm. I love that Deloitte emphasizes and values networking, as there is a strong focus on building relationships within the firm. I loved my summer experience at the firm!

I really enjoyed the internship and don't have any negative feedback.

I recommend considering the type of culture in which you would like to be employed. Deloitte has an amazing culture, which values collaboration, diligence, and hard-working individuals. As candidates consider working at Deloitte, I would encourage them to get to know practitioners in order to understand the culture and their respective fit.

Deloitte Consulting: Where the fun, smart, and talented dare to drive impact.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The lifestyle was far mroe manageable than I anticipated. I was on a non-travel project (as were many members of my internship class) and hours ranged from amazing (go home at 5- it's a Thursday!) to not-that-bad (It's 7 pm- I need this by tomorrow but don't kill yourself).

The least attractive part of the internship was the content of the project I was placed on. It didn't align with my particular interests. That being said, even if it had been a 6-month project and not an internship, my next project may have been awesome. If you're in a regular job and don't like it, you don't have the freedom to switch roles as easily as consultants.

The most important part of your internship is the attitude you bring to work. It's a 10-week job interview. Just do everything you're asked with a smile on your face and get as much learning out of it as possible. That is often the difference between a successful intern and someone who hates their experience and doesn't get an offer.

Developing a consulting mindset through hands on experience with Deloitte

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible colleagues, interesting work, and competitive salary

work/life balance

Deloitte is a wonderful company that has every possible resource one can ever imagine. The best thing to do is quickly figure out what you are interested in and network with people who share your interest. This is a networking organization, so network, network, network!

Advice to Management

Truly adopt flexibility and predictability standards and make them part of sr. management performance review and compensation

why consulting?
why Deloitte?
Why you?
How would you work through this situation? show me your logic

Continuous development

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent training, high performing culture that is very supportive, regular contact with business leaders, and excellent networking opportunities.

Without consulting experience it was a lot more pressure, internship can be shaped by a bad project even if that is not representative of the work you would do full time, and it is only ten weeks rather than twelve.

Ensure you are clear on the expectations of the role.

Advice to Management

Make sure it is clear that the evaluation process is merit based. I came in as a DHC but would have appreciated knowing that I was evaluated for a General Management track position.

I was surrounded with the smartest of people, and built lasting relationships through Deloitte.

Philadelphia, PA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel opportunities, firm culture, challenging work, trust in the interns to own deliverables, networking opportunities, volunteer opportunities, diversity

Because technology consulting projects tend to be longer than other consulting projects, most interns only get to see one project during the course of the 10 weeks. However, that allows the intern to truly focus on one client, one project.

Deloitte is a great place to start your career - they invest heavily in their people - which is evident through their building Deloitte University. Deloitte University is a state-of-the-art leadership and training facility in Westlake, TX where Deloitte sends its employees to learn and grow. Unlike other training programs, Deloitte provides its employees with the best of the best resources, allowing them to become successful - both personally and professionally.

The Sunmer Where I Became a Young Professional: My incredible Summer at Deloitte

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Deloitte, getting to attend Deloitte University for the consulting intern conference, getting to have a real hand in work with amazing companies, intern events on Fridays such as sailing in the San Francisco Bay, learning skills I can take back with me to school, my personal life, and as I begin my professional career

The commute to my client site

Be willing to adapt on the fly, as consulting can change in an instant. Also, be yourself in the interview - they are not only looking for the skills but also someone who is genuinely personable and passionate

Clients, Responsibilities, Travel, Networking - The Consulting Way of Life in an action packed summer

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibilities vested in us along with the faith to put us in front of client leaders.

Excess events that were pre-arranged

If travel and a fast paced lifestyle suits you, then DELOITTE is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Deloitte is a great place to work and provides the best of all mentioned criteria's. Flexibility in movement across functional areas maybe a good value add, but is not always practical, so they need to figure out a process for the same

Tell me about yourself; Challenging situations; Leadership skills; Technology Use Cases in the current market for Case Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Intern working on IT transformation project in telecommunications industry

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the challenging work, the fun networking / team-building events

It was more tech-focused than strategy focused.

Talk to the people! Really liked everyone I met

Intern gains experience about company culture and gets staffed on a project to contribute to deliverables.

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

Not getting to work in person with the people I was working with

Good company culture and interest in person.