4.6 of 5 stars (1,949 Ratings)

Intern at Deloitte Consulting LLP Internship? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,949 Intern Reviews

Excellent Balance of Work, Play, and Pay

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

High interaction with all levels of people in the firm. Challenging and real work. Excellent pay. Real opportunities for full time employment. Great office perks.

Sometimes hyper detailed oriented work, but such is the life of a consultant.

Make connections early on in the recruiting process and use them often.

Diverse Set of Experiences

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the variety of things I got to work on. From firm eminence, to proposals, to client work, to networking, I truly got to experience all that Deloitte has to offer. I loved the people I worked with, and the work was challenging and stimulating.

There were a few people I worked with that had trouble dedicating time to the work I was completing for them. That was really frustrating - but that was certainly an anomaly.

Practice your PowerPoint and Tableau skills - you'll need them. Embrace the travel - it can be really fun if you have a good attitude. The culture at Deloitte is unmatched among top consulting firms - the people are absolutely phenomenal, and you can actually have a life outside of work.

Advice to Management

N/A

During the one of the individual case interviews I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and a few questions about my contributions at work and how I'd been a leader at b-school. Otherwise, it was all case.

Best summer with real-world responsibilities and challenges that helped me grow tremendously

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The overall structure of the internship: very organized & designed to have different level of Deloitte practitioners to support and evaluate our internship experience. The best part is that people really care that you learnt and they want to make sure you are having a great time as well.

Depending on how big your local office, the # of interns and practitioners in various industries/service lines are different. This makes it difficult to expect how much you can network for industries / projects you might be interested in within the local office.

Your internship can only show one side of what Deloitte as an employer is like. Network with people at different levels to understand what excites and drains them as an employee, and then make your own judgement.

Advice to Management

Recruit a more diverse group of incoming BAs, not just business majors but also students from other background that show consulting acumen but might bring different ideas and skill sets to the table.

Tell me a time you have to make a morally difficult decision.

A place where you can learn, grow your career, and work hard without burnout

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the pay, combined with learning opportunities

Needing to network by reaching out to people randomly

Be prepared for travel and for working hard, but know you'll have a great experience

Advice to Management

The internship is constrained to 40 hours per week because of overtime pay, and that doesn't give you a real analyst experience

Tell me about a time that your leadership style didn't match someone else's?

Travel and long hours but a great team environment!

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

collaborative team. intern events. travel opportunities.

The hours were long, 12 hour days.

Be prepared for a lot of travel and long hours balanced out by fun activities and dinners.

Valuable Real World Consulting Experience

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

real world consulting experience, working on a project with a great team, client interaction, opportunity to take ownership of your work and add value, fun and educational intern events, helpful onboarding and advising

There is not something I did not like about the internship, but it would be helpful to better understand all the different projects the other interns are doing because your client project and team is a major part of the experience.

Take advantage of any and all opportunities to talk to Deloitte consultants. This is a great way to understand all the different things you can do with the firm.

A ever-changing experience with unpredictable opportunities to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to travel and get a true exposure to the consulting lifestyle
Very collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment
Strong focus on professional development
Easy access to partner level practitioners
Work hard, play hard

None

Be flexible and open-minded. Each project and team has a different dynamic so you must be prepared to learn and adjust as needed. You will be in your comfort zone and that is a good thing.

Challenging and Rewarding

Alexandria, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

The commute

Be open minded

Advice to Management

Firm initiatives

A challenge you overcame

Deloitte Consulting: People, Perks, and Unrivaled Profession Growth

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real responsibilities I was trusted with, the personable and intelligent coworkers, and the travel and the perks that came along with it.

I thought there could have been a little bit more breadth of experience

If you don't mind traveling, Deloitte Consulting is a fantastic place to launch a career; you will work alongside incredible people and be trusted with meaningful work from the start.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more initiatives surrounding work-life balance. There are a lot of type A personalities at Deloitte and in consulting, and it can be easy to get bogged down completely into the work.

Tell us about a time in life you have faced an ethical dilemma, and how did you handle it?
Tell us about a time you have faced a challenge with a team/group, and how did you handle it?
Walk me through how your thought process for handling this assignment (in response to a case).

Management Consulting Powerhouse

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Senior leadership, big responsibility, important work

Was on a local client

Do you want the global grand network?