4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 1,663 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Displaying 1-10 of 1,663 Intern Reviews

Audit Intern NYC
New York, NY | March 2015 | Former Intern

You meet so many great people from diverse backgrounds. You get to go to Deloitte University which is mostly a fun time. There are also numerous intern events throughout the summer which are also mostly fun. The pay is also the hourly equivalent of a first year associate. Plus no overtime, because they would rather not pay you overtime.

You don't really get too much exposure to actual audit work. You also don't get told the brutal truth about the hours these people work. Most people try to sugarcoat things and make things sound all fine and dandy at Deloitte. Make sure to do your homework before accepting any offer.

Comments

You need a good GPA, at the very minimum 3.0 but preferably 3.2 or higher. They also like extra curriculars but also leadership roles in those groups/clubs. You have to make sure to do some networking at your school's business events because you'll tend to see similar faces. This way when they review your resume they can put a face to the name.

Learning first hand the life of a public accountant
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking abilities, being given real and important tasks. Also Deloitte University is one of the best learning facilities I've ever seen.

There was some downtime when waiting to receive tasks.

Deloitte truly wants their interns to succeed and provides several resources to help them do so.

Mostly behavioral based questions.

Advice to Management

Signing bonus

Where working hard isn't a chore, its an experience
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The type of work I was given, interesting and challenging

Few intern events

Ask questions! All the employees on my team were more than welcome to answer any question and fully help me understand what I was confused on, why I was confused, and where I could go for the answer.

What about Deloitte interests you? Why accounting? When was a time you have failed and how did you manage your failure? What is something you're proud of? Elaborate on the first couple bullet points of your resume.

Ideal international tax exposure
Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A variety of work: legal/tax research & writing; federal and international tax compliance.

Sometimes not enough work.

Don't hesitate to ask for more work if you don't have it!

great opportunity and learning experience in both direct and indirect tax.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free lunch, client facing opportunity, and real tax experience.

Nothing, the internship was great.

You are not a number and they treat employees well.

An unbelievable experience that gives you the tools neccessary to start a successful career.
Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people as well as the tools you learn are the best aspects of the internship.

There weren't any aspects that I had during my internship that I didn't like. Deloitte went above and beyond my expectation.

Deloitte has all the resources you need to start your career. All employees act as mentors whether you are an intern or a new hire. They will help you every step of the way.

Give an example of a situation were you worked in a group setting.

Give an example of a time you showed marketing skills such as selling the service of a business you worked for.

Advice to Management

I truly can't think of anything Deloitte could do better when it comes to work environment, work-life balance, and training.

Hard Work, Great Reward
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to travel which was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed having a job where I learned something new every day and no day was exactly the same. I had great teams that also helped make the experience more enjoyable.

The hours were very long on some weeks and sometimes it was frustrating coming across something that I just didn't have the experience or background to tackle.

Make sure you fit well with the people you meet because you will be working with them a lot.

I was asked to describe some of my leadership roles and how I have used those roles in my life. I was also asked why I wanted to be an Accountant and why I chose Deloitte.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can think of that my organization could do better.

An opportunity to learn about the company, the work of a data analyst and about yourself.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being trusted to complete testing and produce documentation on my own

There was nothing that I did not like

In my role, while there are many, ensure that you enjoy the challenge of reproducing reported results. The position requires a very analytical mindset.

Great Experience
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and working with different engagement teams.

Not as much work as I thought.

Work with as many clients as possible.

Branching into Healthcare while developing relationships
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel overseas to Europe for the client

Not working with a team each week

Look at their strengths in the marketplace compared to other consulting firms. (Deloitte has a large Healthcare practice).

I do not remember.

Advice to Management

Sponsor events to encourage networking in the office