Deloitte National Internship Program

Beyond Expectations!

Networking with many of Deloitte interns and employees. Deloitte University was incredible. There were fun activities to network including a Giants game and Impact Day (volunteering). Getting an overview of the audit practice and different industries.

I wish there were more planned events with the other interns.

It provides a great insight to an audit career, but is still extremely fun. You meet so many professionals and other interns. It is great!

Date: 2013

Intern has rewarding experience with amazing Deloitte professionals

The people, the pay/overtime

Commuting.

Get to know as many professionals as you can. These are the people you will be working with everyday so getting to know them is very beneficial

Date: 2013

Real Experience, Constant Learning.

Client exposure, partner interaction, wide array of industry exposure

I enjoyed every minute of it.

If one is prepared to work hard, eager to network, and enters the internship viewing it as a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow there is no better place to work.

Advice to Management

I don't have any recommendations for improvement at this time. I was thoroughly impressed by the firm on every level.

Date: 2013

Best way to start my career!

The best aspects of the internship were the opportunity to get hands on real life work experience. It gave me the opportunity to feel what is like to work in a professional environment, and it gave me the opportunity to network and meet professionals from all over the country.

What I liked the least is the fact that it only lasted 10 weeks.

They offer real world experience. Everyone at the office is always wiling to help, and they offer various opportunities for you to develop professionally.

Opportunity to Learn

I enjoyed the relationships i made

I would like it to be more structured in terms of assigned work

Enjoy the internship and meet people

What a wonderful place

My colleagues. All of them were incredibly bright and passionate about their work.

I performed some work that was "intern work" i.e. printing and bindering.

This is an incredible company with so many resources for training/development and also has an excellent career progression track.

Date: 2013

My internship experience was amazing!

Educational and fun.

Nothing. I liked everything.

Explore all service areas of the firm.

Date: 2013

Fantastic internship that provided a well-rounded experience both personally and professionally

Company culture, compensation, job/career experience, perks (being flown to training and a conference at their own private resort/facility, team dinners, etc.)

My biggest complaints are specific to me and my project: I'm not a "tech" person, so the tech-centric project and information were different from my usual. But, I can't count that as a negative to Deloitte because I'm the one that applied to and accepted the Technology internship because it's what's recruited specifically at my school.

Deloitte has a great company culture and highly values it's interns (and it's full-time employees). If you decide to go, you'll be treated incredibly well while you learn if consulting, related fields, or Deloitte specifically mesh with what you're looking for. Even if you find your answer to be no, you'll still have a great experience, a good name to attach to your resume, and possibly an idea of where to go next.

Advice to Management

Allow more flexible options for hours to be earned. I understand there are project-specific requirements/budgets that must be met, but people (interns) have a wide range of motivations and interests that may not be pursued because of restrictions on how many hours they must meet or can't fall short of. I personally was on a relatively isolated, high-paced project, and I wanted the opportunity to seek other options within the company that I didn't feel comfortable looking into or realize my options until too late. Most of that is on me for not reaching out, but I was startled off with such a heavy emphasis on hours and compensation.

Date: 2013

Incredible opportunity, great people, an interactions

Having the chance to work with a diverse amount of clients, interact from staff to partner, and ability to meet many new friends.

Nothing, everything went great from start to finish.

A company as a whole is the same as many others, its the specific individual teams that you work with, that can vary by team, is what will show you what kind of people you will work with.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they did an incredible job at supplying everything that was needed.

Date: 2013

Deloitte. Where the best choose to be.

Diversification of the work and the people of the firm. The networking and learning opportunities that Deloitte offers.

The work space we were given, while being a beautiful office, was small for the six interns that were put in there.

The Deloitte culture cannot be beat. People take the time to get to know you and really teach you all aspects of the project you are on, even beyond the scope of what you need to know to complete your work, so you can understand the big picture of what Deloitte is trying to accomplish. This provides an unmatched learning experience.