4.5 of 5 stars (1,146 Ratings)

Intern at Deloitte LLP and subsidiaries Internships? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,146 Intern Reviews

Audit Intern NYC

New York, NY | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

You meet so many great people from diverse backgrounds. You get to go to Deloitte University which is mostly a fun time. There are also numerous intern events throughout the summer which are also mostly fun. The pay is also the hourly equivalent of a first year associate. Plus no overtime, because they would rather not pay you overtime.

You don't really get too much exposure to actual audit work. You also don't get told the brutal truth about the hours these people work. Most people try to sugarcoat things and make things sound all fine and dandy at Deloitte. Make sure to do your homework before accepting any offer.

Comments

You need a good GPA, at the very minimum 3.0 but preferably 3.2 or higher. They also like extra curriculars but also leadership roles in those groups/clubs. You have to make sure to do some networking at your school's business events because you'll tend to see similar faces. This way when they review your resume they can put a face to the name.

Internship is Great

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and being able to see what their corporate culture is like

Nothing wrong with internship

Great opportunity and to keep an open mind

Hard Work, Great Reward

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to travel which was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed having a job where I learned something new every day and no day was exactly the same. I had great teams that also helped make the experience more enjoyable.

The hours were very long on some weeks and sometimes it was frustrating coming across something that I just didn't have the experience or background to tackle.

Make sure you fit well with the people you meet because you will be working with them a lot.

I was asked to describe some of my leadership roles and how I have used those roles in my life. I was also asked why I wanted to be an Accountant and why I chose Deloitte.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything I can think of that my organization could do better.

An unbelievable experience that gives you the tools neccessary to start a successful career.

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people as well as the tools you learn are the best aspects of the internship.

There weren't any aspects that I had during my internship that I didn't like. Deloitte went above and beyond my expectation.

Deloitte has all the resources you need to start your career. All employees act as mentors whether you are an intern or a new hire. They will help you every step of the way.

Give an example of a situation were you worked in a group setting.

Give an example of a time you showed marketing skills such as selling the service of a business you worked for.

Advice to Management

I truly can't think of anything Deloitte could do better when it comes to work environment, work-life balance, and training.

Awesome experience leading to a full time position.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

No living stipend.

Top consulting company in the world.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do same work/tasks as staff auditors

Nothing, it was perfect

Network, network, network!

Wonderful People Make the Deloitte Experience Worthwhile

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, wonderful opportunities, fabulous benefits

wish it was longer

Always keep a positive attitude and cherish each moment at Deloitte.

Where working hard isn't a chore, its an experience

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The type of work I was given, interesting and challenging

Few intern events

Ask questions! All the employees on my team were more than welcome to answer any question and fully help me understand what I was confused on, why I was confused, and where I could go for the answer.

What about Deloitte interests you? Why accounting? When was a time you have failed and how did you manage your failure? What is something you're proud of? Elaborate on the first couple bullet points of your resume.

An opportunity to learn about the company, the work of a data analyst and about yourself.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being trusted to complete testing and produce documentation on my own

There was nothing that I did not like

In my role, while there are many, ensure that you enjoy the challenge of reproducing reported results. The position requires a very analytical mindset.

great opportunity and learning experience in both direct and indirect tax.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free lunch, client facing opportunity, and real tax experience.

Nothing, the internship was great.

You are not a number and they treat employees well.