Intern at Crowe Internship Program? Submit a Review

Intern

Sherman Oaks, CA | October 2017 | FORMER INTERN

Traveling to clients was great, and working with the people at the office. We would pull pranks on each other

Because the company has a work from home policy there are not as many people in the office so be prepared to learn over phone calls.

Comments

They don't expect you to know anything right away, you go to a training which teaches you everything.

Jumpstart your career

Burlington, VT | October 2017 | FORMER INTERN

I was able to be fully engaged in all aspects of multiple audits over my internship. Many of my colleagues at other accounting firms were told to stick to one sections, usually boring and tedious. Crowe allowed me to get a jumpstart on my career.

There was a lot of work, but people were very cumminitive about expectations.

Comments

The internship with Crowe is a true learning opportunity. Other accounting firms hire numerous interns to recruit for full time hires, and don't really have you do anything meaningful during the internship. Crowe treats their interns the same way as their first year staff. It really does go to show the culture at Crowe.

Extensive learning curve that challenges one to use every skill he/she has learned or obtained throughout school.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning different aspects of what auditing entails in a corporate setting amongst corporate clients.

The amount of policy and procedural reading and in-depth analysis that was required.

Information regarding audit procedures, specifically within Risk Management.

Advice to Management

A restructuring of orientation/training guidelines. Nothing I am doing now was ever mentioned or covered in the training process.

N/A

A lot more relaxed and friendly than appears externally. Meet a lot of cool people who know a lot and help you learn.

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Did a lot of cool things wouldn't have been able to on my own, learned a lot, and met a lot of cool people

A lot of hours spent working. You're assigned and expected to finish more tasks than you'll complete

Get some energy drinks. Ask lots of questions, even what you think you know. Interns inherently don't know everything about the company or how things work at it. I wish I knew about reporting expenses.

Advice to Management

The technical and security side of the company is fairly small. I wish there were more geeky and technical people. Also wish I could've gone on more engagements with clients.

What are some projects that you've done or are proud of?

Awesome experience

Tampa, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was a real world accounting experience.

I wish some seniors in my office could explain some concepts a little more.

It would be better if I knew what kind of business tax return the provision is mainly responsible for.

Astounding Accounting Internship with a Memorable Company and Perfect Pay

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the learning aspect of it, as I wasn't doing grunt work like making copies, coffee runs, etc. I was actually able to work on the same items that an entry-level employee would be completing. The internship program also offered numerous opportunities to win gift cards, so that was fun! I was able to work from home a few times, and that type of flexibility is always a pro. The employees I interacted with were all supportive and genuinely interested in teaching me and ensuring I understood the work I was completing.

I honestly have enjoyed every aspect of my internship. The only change I would make is to be able to work more with a specific group. I usually had different clients every week, which meant I was with different staff members. It was nice to interact with different personalities, but I enjoyed working with some individuals more than others.

I always knew that people in audit traveled a lot; however, I wish I would've been told that interns also participate in the traveling. I also would've liked to know what other interns were in the same group as me.

Most of the questions I was asked were behavior-focused. The interviewer was trying to analyze my reaction to random questions, and my thought process on current events. For example, I was asked what I think about millennials and how the company can adjust to the changing needs of millennials.

Good work with better people

Costa Mesa, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with and getting to know my coworkers and being mentored about the processes of an audit and being allowed to perform testing and analytical procedures for real world clients constantly whether I was at a client site or in the office.

Since it isn't busy season there was a lot of dead time even after reaching out to multiple offices. Also, I'm new and some higher ups forget what it is like to "not know" and assign me a project and not really explain it, just expect it to be done the way they want with no communication.

Constantly reach out for work, consolidate your questions but I always ask and be attentive and accepting to constructive criticism

Advice to Management

Management was never rude to me, but a bit cold to me after I had worked on their projects for over several weeks and when I sent them back I never received any sort of response saying it was good, bad, or just to say thanks for helping out. Made me feel very unimportant to the firm when this happened like they couldn't care if I was there or not.

Intern Gets Window Seat with View of Chicago Skyline

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, volunteer service events, responsibility, learning.

There was honestly nothing that I have disliked. With that being said, it would have been nice to get a little face-time with the partner who is in charge of my team. The other managers, senior managers, and staff have all rushed to me to introduce themselves, but he has not been in the office enough to drop by. This is unusual though and is unique to my team.

I would encourage others to not be intimidated and go into the internship eager to make friends and have fun. I think that sometimes students enter internships with anxiety and with competition in mind, but that is not at all necessary here. It is a relaxed environment.

Advice to Management

Nothing major comes to mind.

Interview Question: Tell me about a time that you did more work on a project than was necessary.
Interview Question: Tell me about yourself.

welcoming environment fosters growth and pushes interns to become the best that they can be

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn on a daily basis. Having experienced individuals to serve as mentors and help you grow.

There was a lot of down time, but that is to be expected during this part of the year.

I wish I would have known how inviting everyone would be and how they do not care if you make mistakes, that's why you're here - to learn. There is no reason to stress, and always ask for help when you need it.

Advice to Management

I do not know enough about the company to offer insight into these areas. So far everything seems up to par in these aspects.

What made you want to apply to work for this firm? Do you have any experience. I do not remember any more specific questions.

An environment that fostered learning and development of my professional career

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My co-workers were all very nice and helpful

The commute