Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Great real-life experience

The best aspect of this internship was seeing what it is truly like working in the world of accounting and experiencing how vigorous the work is.

There is nothing that i did not like about this internship.

The one piece of advice i could give is always bring your best effort to work with you every day. Hard work goes a long way and I think that people notice that more than you think.

Date: 2013

Experience a true work-life balance CPA firm that cares not only about their clients but also about their people.

The hands on work experience and the people.

Not getting to finish all of the projects that I worked on. I left with some open items that had to be finished by the other staff members.

If you are looking for a well rounded firm that will allow you to experience not only multiple accounts but also multiple industries and the chance to try both tax and auditing, Crowe is the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only thing that this company could improve on is office space. The company is growing, which is not a bad thing, and Saturdays could get a little crowded.

Date: 2013

A well rounded paid internship experience.

job offer/experience

wish I had more time and a wider range of clients to work with

Receive a good first real life accounting experience.

Advice to Management

nothing

Best Intern Experience Ever

The people and the learning. I was given the opportunity to work on many aspects of the audit, exposing me to many different tasks.

Training was very overwhelming as we were thrust into learning the ins and outs in a short time. However, your coworkers made you feel at ease when you arrived at work.

Get to know the people of the firm, because they will be who you spend A LOT of time with, especially during busy season.

Date: 2013

Fun and authentic tax accounting experience.

The best aspects of the internship were being treated like and doing actual work as any full time employee.

Location selection after internship experience.

Be prepared to work. This internship is designed to give real life experience, and you will be treated just like any other full-time staff employee.

Undergraduate Student finds passion in NYC based Public Accounting Firm

People Experience Compensation Responsibilities Team Role

Occasional tediousness of work

Come in ready to learn and with an open mind and you will find the people are more than willing to help out.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the promotions be less based on tenure at the firm. I believe people would be more motivated if promotions were given on more of a merit basis instead of a hierarchy basis (as they currently are) because it would provide huge reason to work hard.

Date: 2013

Gain real work experience while polishing your accounting abilities and knowledge with Crowe!

The amount of time spent working out in the field/at clients. The help and guidance I receieved from the staff.

I wish it was a little longer. It was a ten week program, but the weeks flew by so it felt even shorter than that.

I believe that if you get the chance to intern or apply for an internship with Crowe you definitely should. From my experience it felt like an amazing employer to work for and they cared about the employees.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any extra advice. I was very happy with the program and how it was set up.

Date: 2013

Sowing seeds to reap tomorrow.

My team, other employees I worked with, the pay, etc.

It was a large time commitment, but I expected that for busy season.

This company actually cares about your future. They don't teach you to make their team or company look good. The genuinely want you to learn to make you successful.

Advice to Management

More interaction between teams, more company outings, etc.

Start Here, Go Anywhere

The hands on learning experience, the environment, and the people

Papercuts, jammed printers, Pizza Wednesdays

If you think tax season hours are bad, they don't compare to hours at the Big 4.

Date: 2013

Fun, challenging, and thorough.

Getting real experience. Traveling. Planning a community service event without face to face interaction. Interacting with upper level employees of other companies. Interacting with managers and partners of the firm.

Inability to interact with other interns or hear about the other business units.

I interviewed with Deloitte and KPMG. Although they might not have the big name, they care about their people and have an interview process unlike other firms. They're a unique alternative to the Big 4. Great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think they could be more forward about how diversity plays a role in the firm outside of simply mentioning their "People Resource Networks."