Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Accounting Internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Had a lot of responsibility.

Sometimes frustrating.

Always ask for help when needed!

A well rounded paid internship experience.
Columbus, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

job offer/experience

wish I had more time and a wider range of clients to work with

Receive a good first real life accounting experience.

Advice to Management

nothing

Undergraduate Student finds passion in NYC based Public Accounting Firm

People

Experience

Compensation

Responsibilities

Team Role

Occasional tediousness of work

Come in ready to learn and with an open mind and you will find the people are more than willing to help out.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the promotions be less based on tenure at the firm. I believe people would be more motivated if promotions were given on more of a merit basis instead of a hierarchy basis (as they currently are) because it would provide huge reason to work hard.

Gain real work experience while polishing your accounting abilities and knowledge with Crowe!
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of time spent working out in the field/at clients.

The help and guidance I receieved from the staff.

I wish it was a little longer. It was a ten week program, but the weeks flew by so it felt even shorter than that.

I believe that if you get the chance to intern or apply for an internship with Crowe you definitely should. From my experience it felt like an amazing employer to work for and they cared about the employees.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any extra advice. I was very happy with the program and how it was set up.

Great real-life experience
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was seeing what it is truly like working in the world of accounting and experiencing how vigorous the work is.

There is nothing that i did not like about this internship.

The one piece of advice i could give is always bring your best effort to work with you every day. Hard work goes a long way and I think that people notice that more than you think.

Experience a true work-life balance CPA firm that cares not only about their clients but also about their people.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on work experience and the people.

Not getting to finish all of the projects that I worked on. I left with some open items that had to be finished by the other staff members.

If you are looking for a well rounded firm that will allow you to experience not only multiple accounts but also multiple industries and the chance to try both tax and auditing, Crowe is the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only thing that this company could improve on is office space. The company is growing, which is not a bad thing, and Saturdays could get a little crowded.

Fun and authentic tax accounting experience.
Tampa, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were being treated like and doing actual work as any full time employee.

Location selection after internship experience.

Be prepared to work. This internship is designed to give real life experience, and you will be treated just like any other full-time staff employee.

Best Intern Experience Ever
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the learning. I was given the opportunity to work on many aspects of the audit, exposing me to many different tasks.

Training was very overwhelming as we were thrust into learning the ins and outs in a short time. However, your coworkers made you feel at ease when you arrived at work.

Get to know the people of the firm, because they will be who you spend A LOT of time with, especially during busy season.

Crowe set me up for success
Tampa, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns were given real responsibilities and treated just like first-year staff. You're given audit work to do and the staff teach you the skills you need to complete it. It's never easy diving into a new job, and as a college student jumping into a complex work-load, it's comforting knowing that they're there to help. They don't expect you to know everything when you first walk through the door. Crowe invested as much in me as I did in them.

Long hours can be rough at first. But at least as an intern you're getting paid hourly!

Find an organization that invests as much (if not more) in you, as you invest in the company. And choose a company you mesh well with in terms of values & the people you work with. If you're there just for a paycheck or to have a good corporate headline on your resume until you find a new job, you could have a pretty miserable couple months or years. Even the long hours during busy season don't seem as bad if you like what you do and the people you work with.

Excellent auditing experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned a lot about auditing

Had the opportunity to do full-time staff level work

Obtained a full-time job offer

Excellent pay

Hard to learn so much in a short period of time without having had certain undergraduate classes yet

This internship was the best way that I could have prepared for a full-time job as an auditor. I learned a lot in a short amount of time and was able to enjoy my senior year of college knowing that I had employment lined up afterwards.