Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Had a truly unique experience with a young, hard working, and fun office.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the culture were the best part because everyone always clicked and had a great time instead of hating their lives crunching numbers.

I spent way too much time unassigned in the office.

If you're looking for a career, Crowe Dallas would be the best place to be right out of college because they are new to the Dallas Market. Management at this office is stellar, and everyone you work with is young, fun, and makes the experience of working for an accounting firm 100X better.

Advice to Management

Do not take too many interns. Interns that sit in the office are not getting the experience they signed up for or were promised.

Great internship experience with a variety of learning opportunities

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The different projects I got to work on throughout, the people and teams I worked on, the work/life balance

The lack of planned social events, the small number of other interns and employees in general

Great experience that I would highly recommend

None

Advice to Management

Have more firm planned events especially when the interns first arrive

SOAR continues to be a very worthwhile oppurtunity and knowledge seeking experience

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-People continue to be supportive and helpful

-Range of work made it that more valuable

-Needed more opportunities to connect with other interns and employees

- Great insurance

- Great perks and people

Amazing

Anaheim, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a varity of client, and with different staff.

There was nothing that I didn't enjoy.

The whole firm really lives up tp its values. It does not feel supper competitive, instead everyone is very supportive of you and is really interested in helping you feel grow.

An excellent experience that helped me to understand more about Public Accounting and the day to day operations in Taxation.

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The individuals I worked with were very supportive and helpful to my overall experience there.

I was not the biggest fan of the hours because I often got to work before anyone else in my department and did not have much to do until they got there.

Learn as much as you can and be willing to accept constructive criticism.

What sort of experience do you have in Tax?

Advice to Management

Possibly provide a better lunch area/café.

An Honest Taste of Public Accounting in an Environment the Fosters Professional and Personal Growth.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The responsibility given to the interns and the experience gained through the summer.

I thought that the internship had no weaknesses

Crowe trains their interns well and allows you to experience the job as if you were a full-time hire

Why do you think you would fit well in Crowe's culture?

What skills make you qualified for the position?

Fun place to work and grow

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were great and so were the clients

Some days were slow however this was offset by very busy days.

Come in with an open mind and expect to have fun.

Describe an event when you were required to be a leader.

Advice to Management

Crowe was great I don't think they need to change anything.

The Internship Experience: Travel, Multiple Clients, New Experiences

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The full-time staff are very friendly and make themselves available to help you learn. The work assigned to me was the same work that first-year staff do, so I really got to learn a lot and see exactly what I would be doing if I worked there. The salary for the internship exceeded the average for the accounting industry. I got to be on multiple clients during the summer, so I met a lot of people in the firm and got to do different work every two weeks.

I missed a lot of the intern events because I was on various clients throughout the summer. I was traveling and was not in the office in NY, causing me to miss the events.

As an intern, you may be traveling a lot depending on the department you are in. Do not expect to be going into the office that you are based in every day. Also expect to be learning a lot. You do different work on every client, so you will have to be able to learn quickly.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?

Advice to Management

Communication during travel could be improved, especially when the staff on the team do not all know each other.

The Crowe Horwath Internship provides a great starting point for a career in public accounting

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the great aspects of the internship included the challenging work, the high level of respect given to all interns and employees, the firm's culture, all of the helpful people, and some great mentors.

When in the office, the amount of work available was often not enough to keep the interns busy for the whole day. There was a lot of down time when in the office due to the typical downtime of auditing in the summer.

Crowe is a fantastic firm that highly values its employees. The culture at Crowe is very welcoming and inclusive, and is a great place to work.

Wonderful internship experience with Crowe Horwath!

Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone in the office was very friendly and willing to help the interns if they had questions.

There were no cons about my internship experience.

I would tell the potential intern to see where they fit in the most. You want to feel at "home" with the organization that you choose.