Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Fun and authentic tax accounting experience.

The best aspects of the internship were being treated like and doing actual work as any full time employee.

Location selection after internship experience.

Be prepared to work. This internship is designed to give real life experience, and you will be treated just like any other full-time staff employee.

Best Intern Experience Ever

The people and the learning. I was given the opportunity to work on many aspects of the audit, exposing me to many different tasks.

Training was very overwhelming as we were thrust into learning the ins and outs in a short time. However, your coworkers made you feel at ease when you arrived at work.

Get to know the people of the firm, because they will be who you spend A LOT of time with, especially during busy season.

Date: 2013

Gain real work experience while polishing your accounting abilities and knowledge with Crowe!

The amount of time spent working out in the field/at clients. The help and guidance I receieved from the staff.

I wish it was a little longer. It was a ten week program, but the weeks flew by so it felt even shorter than that.

I believe that if you get the chance to intern or apply for an internship with Crowe you definitely should. From my experience it felt like an amazing employer to work for and they cared about the employees.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any extra advice. I was very happy with the program and how it was set up.

Undergraduate Student finds passion in NYC based Public Accounting Firm

People Experience Compensation Responsibilities Team Role

Occasional tediousness of work

Come in ready to learn and with an open mind and you will find the people are more than willing to help out.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the promotions be less based on tenure at the firm. I believe people would be more motivated if promotions were given on more of a merit basis instead of a hierarchy basis (as they currently are) because it would provide huge reason to work hard.

Excellent auditing experience

Learned a lot about auditing Had the opportunity to do full-time staff level work Obtained a full-time job offer Excellent pay

Hard to learn so much in a short period of time without having had certain undergraduate classes yet

This internship was the best way that I could have prepared for a full-time job as an auditor. I learned a lot in a short amount of time and was able to enjoy my senior year of college knowing that I had employment lined up afterwards.

Accounting Internship

Had a lot of responsibility.

Sometimes frustrating.

Always ask for help when needed!

Date: 2013

An enjoyable internship that pushed your skills your limit, yet you found your limits to expand tremendously making you feel accomplished.

You rotated between who you worked with, so you got to know everyone. Being able to directly talk to the CEO, President, and CFO of a company directly. Each week was a different client so there was a new challenge that presented itself. You became very close with everyone you worked with.

The hours were long, however they went by very fast.

Don't be afraid to ask question. You may feel confused your first week or so, but the more you ask question the more you will figure out that you have a lot of the knowledge need to compete tasks.

Advice to Management

Allow people lower in the company to take on more challenging tasks. Although they may have only been with the company for a short period of time, they might have the knowledge to complete tasks that are designated for people in higher positions.

Date: 2013

Crowe set me up for success

Interns were given real responsibilities and treated just like first-year staff. You're given audit work to do and the staff teach you the skills you need to complete it. It's never easy diving into a new job, and as a college student jumping into a complex work-load, it's comforting knowing that they're there to help. They don't expect you to know everything when you first walk through the door. Crowe invested as much in me as I did in them.

Long hours can be rough at first. But at least as an intern you're getting paid hourly!

Find an organization that invests as much (if not more) in you, as you invest in the company. And choose a company you mesh well with in terms of values & the people you work with. If you're there just for a paycheck or to have a good corporate headline on your resume until you find a new job, you could have a pretty miserable couple months or years. Even the long hours during busy season don't seem as bad if you like what you do and the people you work with.

Date: 2013

Hands-on Experience leads to a valuable internship

Being able to engage on client engagements - not as an intern, but you feel like a full time hire

I liked everything

Being open minded, understanding all aspects of the client's needs, and being independent

Great real-life experience

The best aspect of this internship was seeing what it is truly like working in the world of accounting and experiencing how vigorous the work is.

There is nothing that i did not like about this internship.

The one piece of advice i could give is always bring your best effort to work with you every day. Hard work goes a long way and I think that people notice that more than you think.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)