Intern at BDO USA, LLP Internship? Submit a Review

Interactive and great learning experience with all levels of employees.

Stamford, CT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lunch and Learn sessions teaching us new topics that happen in our field that we may not have seen during our time interning.

Not as much time spent at clients as I expected.

Great company that is always growing and trying to help everyone around them. Not focused as individuals but rather as a team.

Great People, Great Opportunities, and Great Leadership

Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

1) Great Pay
2) Great Co-workers
3) Great opportunity
4) Constant education on the job on both auditing techniques and use of BDO software

1) Long Hours (though being paid hourly mitigated this)
2) First week of the internship was lecture heavy and contained several online modules. However, all of it was necessary. I would substitute some of the modules for discussions instead, particularly the modules that apply to auditing/accounting.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be willing to put yourself out there and let your team members know if you are available to help them out on any projects, rather than just sitting there. Constantly network with everyone around you, including fellow interns. You never know where everyone will be 10 years down the line.

Advice to Management

Management exceeded my expectations! They were personable and helpful. I have no feedback I can think of to offer.

1) What do you want to gain out of an internship/employment at BDO?
2) What is your long-term career plan?
3) Do you have experience with Microsoft Excel?
4) What if one of your greatest strengths?
5) What is one of your greatest weaknesses?

BDO USA, LLP's Internship Offers Unique, Challenging, and Invaluable Experiences

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with and the wide array of experience I gained. Some days I was testing transactions, other days I was doing physical inventory checks in a massive warehouse.

I wish it could have been longer.

Go into the internship with an open and inquisitive mind. If you don't understand something, ask, and when your senior explains it to you, write it down so you won't have to ask again.

GREAT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as a real associate. Sent to chicago for training. Having mentors

long hours were the least thing, but it is expected.

Expect a great real professional experience. Expect long hours, but a great time. I would also expect a lot of teamwork.

BDO internships give you the full working experience - from creating workpapers to going out to the client's site to perform audits.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interning as if you are an associate

BDO's internship surpassed my expectation and it made me like accounting even more.

Do not be shy to ask questions. If you are stuck on an area of audit and you have tried, do not continue to try and waste time. Seek help whenever appropriate. Grow your network too!

Great culture, even better people

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people within the firm and the opportunity to travel to various clients.

Since the summer time can be slow in the accounting field, there were certain days where the interns did not have anything to do.

BDO is an amazing place to work, the office culture and the staff that make up the company are the best.

Great work culture

Kalamazoo, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what auditing is truly like in the public accounting world

I didn't get to travel as much as the other audit interns which would have been nice to experience for the true busy season experience

Get to know the people you are working with along with the other interns. Attend all the 5:01 events to create those business connections.

Advice to Management

Level out the clients so not just one interns gets the busy experience but all get the busy experience.

When will you have 150 credit hours?

Highly involved accounting internship that offers many opportunities and great networking experiences.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were working with several different clients in different industries. The culture of the company creates a very positive experience especially for new employees. Regardless of titles, everyone is approachable and helpful. I particularly liked the location that I worked as well.

I wish I could have been exposed to different engagements in different industries.

When interning do not be afraid to approach anyone. It took me a couple weeks to break out of my shell to really get to know people. Ask everyone as many reasonable questions as you can and you will receive some good advice.

Advice to Management

Training and compensation is sufficient for new employees. Promotions and compensation within the company however, are very minimal.

What is one situation that you felt you had to pick up your team and show leadership in order to get a specific project or task done?

Great experience.

Grand Rapids, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers.

The amount of hours worked.

You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. Give it a lot of effort and you will be rewarded.

Life- changing experience

Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors and friends I met through the internship

Nothing . The internship was a great experience and I loved every part of it

I wish I had known more about the organizational culture at BDO prior to starting.