Intern at Armanino Audit Internship, Tax Internship? Submit a Review

A great opportunity for any aspiring young accountant and businessperson.

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the experiences I was able to gain while completing the typical work of a first year staff member. Having this real-world experience was definitely beneficial and has drastically increased my comfort and understanding of accounting.

I would have preferred a bit more training before going directly into fieldwork. Without the ability to have the basic knowledge, I was unsure of my role during my first two clients. After "training week" (week three) I felt much more comfortable talking with clients, completing work papers, and asking technical questions.

Take full opportunity of the experience by meeting with managers and partners, asking questions, and leveraging your experience and knowledge. As an intern, you will have the benefit of meeting tons of great people who will have insight and opinions of the career path, and make sure to take advantage of the great opportunity.

Advice to Management

I truly loved everything about working at Armanino, from the great staff, managers, and partners, to the flexible work environment.

Having fun while working hard.

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility was definitely one of the best aspects. It wasn't just flexible for me as an intern but it was flexible for everyone. If you had an apppointment or a training you were able to work from the office rather than the client. If you needed to leave early on a Friday you could work extra during the week. The people was another one of the best aspects. Everyone was so nice and willing to help you. A lot of the people at the firm started here so they understand how it feels to have questions. The overall best aspect for me was that I got to do a lot more auditing than my friends at other firms did. I would ask them about how they audited certain things and they would have no idea.

The only thing that I didn't like was that it was the working world, but that would have been the same anywhere I was interning.

Armanino is a lot more relaxed than and not as structured as a Big 4 firm. What I mean by that is I don't feel pressure to stay more than 8 hours and it could take you less time to move up the ladder than at a Big 4. I think it is really important when choosing an internship to at least know the type of atmosphere and people you want to work with. This is not a competitive atmosphere this is very much a team atmosphere where people care about your personal life and care about theirs as well. Working here doesn't throw you into the typical work day grind. If you are someone who really values your friends and family this is a great place for you.

Is Audit the Right Path for You?

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Armanino were amazing to work with.

It was hard to keep the interns busy with relevant work the whole time.

I think this a great internship if looking for a career in audit