Mercer's investment consultants help clients analyze the
investment alternatives and performance of their retirement,
401(k), and other institutional and related funds. Our
recommendations are supported by approximately 1,000 full-time
consultants advising over 2,700 clients with assets in excess of
US$4.0 trillion globally.
For more than 30 years, Mercer Investment Consulting has provided
the highest quality of investment advice and practical solutions to
corporations, foundations, trustees and endowments on a global
basis. We assist with every aspect of institutional investing
• Establishment of goals and objectives
• Selection of investment managers and trustee/custodians
• Monitoring of investment performance
• Evaluation of insured products and investment administration
consulting for internally and externally managed funds from
strategy, structure and implementation to ongoing portfolio
The first step of your career in investment consulting is to work
as an Investment Consulting Intern. In this role, you will use your
drive and strong analytical and communication skills to achieve
clients' goals ? within budget and on time, applying a sense of
urgency and high standards of excellence.
Working in a stimulating environment, you will have opportunities
to hone expertise and relevant skills as you advance to higher
levels of consulting in the investment industry, while building a
platform for career growth.
In will work strategically with a team of highly skilled investment
consultants to develop and deliver customized solutions for
institutional clients, such as sponsors and trustees of pension
funds, endowments and other institutional asset pools by performing
analysis, clarifying data and reporting using Mercer's proprietary
tools. An Investment Consulting Intern can expect to:
• Work in a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented
• Receive training in key procedures and processes
• Critically analyze different investment markets, managers'
investment styles and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their
impact on investment performance each quarter
• Produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of
client-specific investment data, in support of consulting
• Assist in producing quarterly presentations which will review the
general state of the economy, stock/bond market performances both
domestically and internationally, economic trends and changes in
regulations affecting investments
• Collect data needed for quarterly performance report and analyze
the client's portfolio performance, including performance of each
of the funds within the client's investment options.
• Have relevant, outcome-driven interactions with clients, fund
managers and colleagues
• Communicate with investment and money managers and custodians to
gather and/or clarify client-specific data for reporting
• Closely examine and monitor developments at investment management
firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and
• Play an important role in investment manager searches, mutual
fund selection, asset allocation studies and other
Internships are paid on an hourly basis and are hosted for 10-12
weeks during the summer, typically beginning in early June.
2014 Investment Consulting Internships are projected to be
Atlanta, Chicago, New York, San Francisco and St. Louis.