AeroVironment is a technology solutions provider with a 40+ year
history of practical innovation in the fields of unmanned aircraft
systems (UAS) and electric vehicles (EV). Founded in 1971 by noted
physicist and engineer Dr. Paul MacCready, AeroVironment develops
breakthrough technologies that create entirely new product
categories, including UAS and electric vehicle solutions, and also
minimize our impact on the environment. AeroVironment's culture is
one of applied innovation, where individual creativity, curiosity
and passion combine in a collaborative environment to create a
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts general engineering and design of RF systems.
- Documents designs with engineering drawings and written
- Writes fabrication and test procedures.
- Supports flight test operations, some travel may be
- Performs design engineering using CAD or electronics
- Performs performance analysis of designs.
- Entry level engineering support activities.
Required Qualifications & Background
- Requires Junior standing or higher towards
Aero/Mechanical/Electrical/or Computer Science degree or equivalent
- UAV or Robotics experience desired.
- General Engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics,
- Must have some electronics or computer based course work;
Design/drafting/CAD experience desirable.
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus, Hands-on experience with
tools a plus.
- Familiarity with process controls a plus - Will work on
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Leadership experience -
- Familiar with software tools in their area of expertise /
- Familiar with office software and computer based productivity
This position requires you have access to data and technology
that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AV designs,
develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of Unmanned
Aircraft Systems (UAS) and efficient electric energy systems.
Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military
services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational
awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne
reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. Commercial
and governmental entities use AV's clean transportation solutions
such as electric vehicle test systems and electric vehicle fast
charge systems, as well as its clean energy solutions. More
information about AV is available at www.avinc.com.