AeroVironment (AV) is a rapidly growing technology solutions
provider focusing on leading edge unmanned aircraft systems and
efficient energy systems. Named as one of the top 15 "Cool
Companies" to work for by Fortune magazine, we are looking for
creative, committed, and visionary team members who are passionate
about contributing to our customers' success. Founded in 1971, AV
is built upon four decades of harnessing human power to achieve
breakthroughs in science, engineering, and customer productivity.
AV's late founder, Dr. Paul MacCready, named by Time magazine as
one of the "greatest minds of the 20th century," instilled a spirit
of boundless imagination that drives our organization today. Be a
part of the team that has a record of breaking records. AV
developed the world's highest flying airplane; developed the
world's most widely used unmanned aircraft system; and has seven
vehicles displayed in the Smithsonian. AV also proposed and then
co-developed the first modern electric car; designed and built the
breakthrough solar-powered car that won the inaugural World Solar
Challenge road race; installed thousands of charging stations for
electric vehicles worldwide; and is building an electric vehicle
ecosystem to redefine the way we drive.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts general engineering and design of avionics, aircraft
structures, aero-mechanical, and electro-mechanical, and payload
- Documents designs with engineering drawings and written
- Writes fabrication and test procedures.
- Supports flight test operations, some travel may be
- Performs design engineering using CAD or electronics
- Performs performance analysis of designs.
- Entry level engineering support activities.
Required Qualifications & Background
- Requires junior standing or higher toward
Aero./Mech./Electrical/Computer or equivalent Engineering B.S.
degree min., working toward adv. degree a plus.
- 0-3 years' experience in R&D projects, UAV experience
- General Engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics,
- Must have some electronics or computer based course work;
Design/drafting/ CAD experience desirable.
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus, Hands-on experience with
tools a plus.
- Familiarity with process controls a plus - Will work on
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Leadership experience -
- Familiar with software tools in their area of expertise.
- Familiar with office software and computer based productivity
This position requires you have access to data and technology
that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have
- Show Less
+ Show Full Description