ParenteBeard is ranked among the top 25 accounting firms in the
U.S. With over 1,000 professionals, the firm is a leader in
providing CPA and business advisory services to small businesses,
middle market companies, nonprofits and SEC registrants. As an
independent member of Baker Tilly International, ParenteBeard is
proud to provide the highest level of service to clients nationally
As an Intern you will have the opportunity to:
• Interact, contribute, and learn from professionals over a course
of 10 weeks.
• Engage with our diverse client base: industry groups, not-for-
profit organizations and governmental entities.
• Develop a strong working relationship with your ParenteBeard
mentor/buddy and staff.
• Create a path to a full-time position.
• Receive a formal evaluation at the completion of your
Interns report to the person in charge of the engagement. The work
you perform will be supervised, and you will be provided an
opportunity to perform some of the principal functions in a
progression of engagement assignments. Our ideal candidate will
demonstrate a readiness to assume significant responsibilities and
exercise judgment with decreasing direct supervision, and the
ability to manage his/her own time effectively.
As an Intern you must gain an understanding of the Firm's operating
principles and practices, display a willingness to work effectively
with other Firm members and our clients and possess a positive
attitude toward the Firm and the profession.
Successful candidates will be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in
accounting, be in their junior year or senior year, have a minimum
3.0 GPA, and be working towards the 150 credit hour requirements.
Candidates should also possess excellent communication skills, be
highly motivated to excel and enjoy working with clients in a true
business advisory capacity. A valid driver's license is also
Working Expectations and Conditions:
Audit Intern -
• Frequent same day travel for work at clients' offices using a
• Frequent/Occasional out-of-town travel that may require overnight
stay for work at clients using a personal vehicle.
Tax Intern -
• Frequent office work with limited travel.