Want to experience one of the top ranked internships in the
country by Vault?? Send in your materials now for
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP offers a unique eight week rotational
internship that allows students majoring in accounting to try
audit, tax, consulting and more! Our program is centered around our
headquarter Palo Alto office, but some interns will have the
opportunity to spend time in our San Francisco and San Jose
locations. The purpose of our summer internship is to present
students with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in a
Interns will spend the first week in orientation and training,
which is led by partners and managers. From this experience,
interns will gain a better understanding of the accounting
profession as a whole and the services we provide, and will be
equipped to work with us during the summer.
After training, interns will begin their rotations through our
various departments. Rotations may include: Accounting and CFO
Advisory, Tax, SOX/SOC compliance, technology solutions/systems
implementation, Business Valuation, and Assurance and Advisory.
Interns are exposed to many different clients and industries, and
work with all levels of employees during their summer with us. Each
intern will be assigned a work buddy to assist them during their
rotations. The final week is reserved for wrap up and fun!
Because you will frequently be visiting client sites and
traveling between our offices, access to a vehicle will be
Intern work experience could include the following:
- Work on portions of audit engagements and develop an
understanding of the audit process.
- Compile financial statements following established
- Assist in the completion of SOX 404 and other compliance
- Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership, not-for-profit and
corporate income tax returns.
- Prepare payroll, sales, property and other local tax
- Record transactions and process the information into accounting
records and appropriate financial statements.
- Complete imaging projects and gain an understanding of our
paperless document storage system.
- Process tax returns, which involves typing transmittal letters,
minor corrections on returns, and completing various forms and
- Develop appropriate computer skills including standardized
software applications (word processing, spreadsheet and time and
charges), tax return processing, tax projection and financial
statement trial balance software.
- Assist with research projects, tax return assembly and file