CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann are together ranked as the seventh
largest provider of accounting, tax and business consulting
services in the United States with more than 140 offices and more
than 5,000 professionals. We serve the country's growing mid-market
public and private businesses.
The Audit and Tax Associate Intern works as a member of the Client
Services group in providing outstanding service to our valued
clients. This position performs many of the duties of an entry
level accountant including working directly with corporate clients,
under the supervision of upper level management.
CBIZ MHM is devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating
environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is
provided through the Professional Associate Development (PAD)
program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations
of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
In this program, you will benefit from:
• National level training with cutting-edge resources and
• Development of leadership and networking skills
• Exposure to multiple business within diverse industries
• Mentoring by Managers & Directors
• Connecting personal success with CBIZ MHM success
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit
assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing
and many more industries.
• Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for
partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals.
• Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax
notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns.
• Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing
principles, quality control standards and technology implementation
procedures relative to individual client assignments.
• Participate in client assignments from beginning to end.
• Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and
improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and
partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit
• Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all
levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to
strengthen client relationships.
• Pledge to provide exceptional service to every CBIZ MHM client by
providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to
understanding their goals and needs.
• Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional
standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
• Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns
on CBIZ MHM audit methodology.
Interns are paid an hourly wage commensurate with market rate which
includes overtime pay. They are eligible to receive college credit
depending on their schools requirements.