Candidates must be enrolled in a four year bachelor's degree, a
master's degree, a Phd program, or international equivalent
program. Undergraduates must have completed their junior year prior
to the commencement of employment, and masters/Phd candidates must
have one year of full-time studies remaining prior to joining. A
strong GPA as evidence of academic success is required. We hire
students from across academic disciplines. Our preference is for
candidates to have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and the
ability to effectively interact with senior management and
successfully communicate with and influence others
- Strong analytical (math/financial) skills and attention to
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Intelligent, hard-working, self motivated, innovative, and
strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word, Business Objects and Microsoft
Access is a plus
We evaluate each candidate against seven core competencies, a
term we use to describe professional qualities and business skills.
We see these core competencies as essential building-blocks for
success at UBS. The core competencies we assess candidates against
▲ Show Less▼ Show All Requirements
- Problem analysis
- Can you identify and analyze problems?
- Do you select and use information in a structured way to
recommend solutions that are logical, ethical and realistic?
- Judgment and decision making
- Do you select and use information to make sound and balanced
- Can you evaluate the risks of alternative options and make
decisions in the face of ambiguity or incomplete knowledge?
- Can you generate new ideas and creative approaches?
- Do you understand the need for change and challenge existing
- Can you demonstrate an appetite for continued learning and the
acquisition of new skills?
- Communication and impact
- Can you convey information clearly, articulately and
- How do you influence others and make an impact through
effective interpersonal skills and dynamic communication?
- How do you challenge convention with tact, without being
combative or confrontational?
- Drive and commitment
- Can you demonstrate the determination, effort and enthusiasm to
- Will you show initiative, originate action and consistently
strive for excellence?
- How do you overcome barriers, respond to failure and learn from
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Are you able to work collaboratively and support team members
while pursuing personal objectives?
- Can you encourage others to participate, listen to different
viewpoints and work towards a consensus?
- Planning and organizing
- Are you able to organize your own work, manage your time
effectively and stay focused on priorities?
- Can you develop and monitor clear action plans with realistic
deadlines and set time-scales that take available resources into
- Can you amend plans to account for changes or unforeseen