Hyatt Hotels is one of the world's top operators of luxury hotels and resorts. The company has about 640 managed, franchised, and owned properties in more than 50 countries. Its core Hyatt Regency brand offers hospitality services targeted primarily to business travelers and upscale vacationers. The firm's hotel chains include the upscale, full service Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, and Andaz brands, as well as Park Hyatt (luxury) and Hyatt Place (select service). Hyatt also operates resorts under the names Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva and the company's Hyatt Residence Club sells timeshare properties.

Geographic Reach

Hyatt has hotels all over the world. Outside the US, the company has existing properties in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and the UK); the Middle East (Azerbaijan, Kyrgyz Republic, Saudi Arabia); Latin America (Argentina and Brazil); and Asia (India, Indonesia, Japan, and South Korea). During fiscal 2015 about 80% of the company's revenues came from properties located in the US, while the remaining 20% of revenues came from international operations.

Sales and Marketing

Hyatt uses a sales team located in global and regional sales offices around the world. Hyatt Gold Passport and Hyatt.com are the key components of its marketing strategy. Hyatt Gold Passport is a guest recognition and loyalty program. Hyatt.com is the chain's primary online source of information and reservation booking.

Financial Performance

Hyatt's $4.3 billion in revenue for fiscal 2015 was a slight decrease compared to the the prior fiscal year, when the company reported $4.4 billion in revenue. However, even with billions in revenue, Hyatt's net income was only $124 million in fiscal 2015. That was a decrease of almost 65% compared to fiscal 2014, when Hyatt cleared $344 million in net income.

The company's cash flow from operations increased by $65 million during fiscal 2015 compared to the previous fiscal period and Hyatt ended the year with $538 million in cash on hand.


In the US Hyatt focuses its expansion efforts on under-penetrated markets, mostly through management and franchising agreements. A key part of its strategy is to increase its franchise and managed properties, a business model that is associated with lower costs than outright ownership.

The company has doubled its properties in New York City. While more than 80% of the company's revenues have traditionally come from the US, approximately 70% of its new hotels will be located outside North America.

As part of its international strategy, Hyatt is focusing on markets such as Brazil, China, India, Russia, Latin America, and the Middle East for growth. The company has some 50 hotels open or under development in China in key markets such as Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, and Shenzhen. Hyatt has also expanded in India, bringing the total count of hotels under development there to more than 50.

Hyatt has also been selling off some of its less profitable and less cost-effective hotels.

- Show Less + Show Full Description


71 S Wacker Dr # 12f
Chicago, IL 60606-4716
Phone: 1 (312) 750-1234
Fax: 1 (312) 750-8550


  • Employer Type: Public
  • Senior Vice President Oprs: Chuck Floyd
  • Senior Vice President: David Tarr
  • Executive Vice President: Labelle Van
  • Employees: 35,700

Major Office Locations

  • Chicago, IL

Other Locations

  • Monterey, CA
  • Palm Springs, CA
  • Palo Alto, CA
  • San Diego, CA
  • Valencia, CA
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Kissimmee, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Sarasota, FL
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Rosemont, IL
  • Boston, MA
  • New York, NY
  • Rochester, NY
  • Houston, TX
  • Fairfax, VA
  • Seattle, WA
- Show Less + Show More