Travelers interested in luxury lodgings can check in for the Hyatt touch. The company is one of the world's top operators of luxury hotels and resorts with more than 500 managed, franchised, and owned properties in nearly 50 countries. Its core Hyatt Regency brand offers hospitality services targeted primarily to business travelers and upscale vacationers. The firm also operates the upscale, full service Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, and Andaz brands, as well as Park Hyatt (luxury), Hyatt Place (select service), and Hyatt Summerfield Suites (extended stay) brands. Although Hyatt Hotels was formed in 2004, the Hyatt chain traces its roots back to 1957.

Geographic Reach

Hyatt has hotels all over the world. Outside the US, the company has existing properties in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and the UK); the Middle East (Azerbaijan, Kyrgyz Republic, Saudi Arabia); Latin America (Argentina and Brazil); and Asia (India, Indonesia, Japan, and South Korea). Almost 80% of the company's revenues come from properties located in the US, while the remaining 20% of revenues come from international operations.

Sales and Marketing

Hyatt uses a sales team located in global and regional sales offices around the world. Hyatt Gold Passport and Hyatt.com are the key components of its marketing strategy. Hyatt Gold Passport is a guest recognition and loyalty program. Hyatt.com is the chain's primary online source of information and reservation booking.

Financial Performance

Hyatt's $4.4 billion in revenue was an increase of 6% in fiscal 2014 compared to fiscal 2013. The spike came from increased revenue from all the company's segments, but primarily from EAME/SW Asia.

Hyatt's net income also went up in fiscal 2014 compared to the previous period. The company claimed a new income of $344 million, an increased of $137 million (or 66%) compared to fiscal 2013.


In the US Hyatt focuses its expansion efforts on under-penetrated markets, mostly through management and franchising agreements. A key part of its strategy is to increase its franchise and managed properties, a business model that is associated with lower costs than outright ownership.

The company has doubled its properties in New York City. While nearly 80% of the company's revenues come from the US, approximately 70% of its new hotels will be located outside North America.

As part of its international strategy, Hyatt is focusing on markets such as Brazil, China, India, Russia, Latin America, and the Middle East for growth. The company has some 50 hotels open or under development in China in key markets such as Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, and Shenzhen. Hyatt has also expanded in India, bringing the total count of hotels under development there to more than 50.

Hyatt has also been selling off some of its less profitable and less cost-effective hotels.

- Show Less + Show Full Description

Company News and Press Releases

- Show Less + Show More News and Press Releases


71 S Wacker Dr Fl 14
Chicago, IL 60606-4637
Phone: 1 (312) 750-1234


  • Employer Type: Public
  • Offc Mgr: Audrey Payne
  • Mgr: Nicholas J Pritzker

Major Office Locations

  • Chicago, IL

Other Locations

  • Long Beach, CA
  • Napa, CA
  • San Jose, CA
  • Denver, CO
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Key West, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Savannah, GA
  • New York, NY
  • The Woodlands, TX
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Calgary, Canada
  • Vancouver, Canada
- Show Less + Show More

Become a Vault Basic Member

Complete your Vault Profile and get seen by top employers