Overall Interview Rating

Work at CapTech? Submit a Review

Interview Process

The responsiveness of the hiring staff is excellent. They do not let applicants flounder and wonder.
The level of quality expected is very high. People must have experience, be great communicators and have little ego, but high confidence.

Midlevel | Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

My interview process was smooth, quick, and was very transparent. Communications were prompt and I enjoyed speaking with the various interviewers. CapTech is always looking for candidates that embody our core values, candidates that are focused on servant leadership, continued growth, flexibility and being strong advocates for our clients and keeping the client's best interests as our top priority.

Tell me about a time where you had to handle conflict? If you had to change a decision you've made, what would that be and why? The questions asked are standard behavioral interview questions that are designed to identify whether a candidate possesses qualities that embody our core values and principles.

Interview Process

Recruiting is taken seriously by everyone in the firm. The first call is with a Recruiter and the feedback is highly regarded and respected by Senior Leadership. The second step is a technical call with Sr Consultants in the career field of the candidate. The third step is a face-to-face behavioral interview with Senior Leadership/Managing Directors. Each step of the interview process is important. Every candidate that applies receives a response via email of acceptance for interview or declined. Each candidate that has a technical interview and is not selected to move forward receives a response from the Recruiter. Each candidate that has a face-to-face and is not selected hears from a recruiter. It is a policy to provide a great experience and clear communication to everyone that applies.

Experienced | Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Hiring & recruiting is big here at CapTech as we are growing in both depth and breadth, as well as geographically. We use a platform called SmartRecruiters that keeps all candidate information in a central place where we can all make comments. We have several recruiters who interface with the candidate directly and keep the in the loop.

We look for candidates who best represent our core values: Intellectual Curiosity, Servant Leadership, Flexibility, Trusted Advisor, Enthusiasm.

Describe a time you went above and beyond to get a project done. Tell me about how you have handled working with a difficult client. What do you do to keep up with the latest trends and technologies.

String callback

Difficult coworker

Entry-level in IT Operations & Implementation | Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

We typically do two behavioral interviews and one case. We are looking for candidates who are strong in their field who also fit within our company culture.

Midlevel in IT Strategy | Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Our interview and callback process is relatively swift compared to other IT firms. CapTech's ideal candidate embodies the company's core values: Intellectual Curiosity, Servant Leadership, Trusted Advisor, Flexibility and Enthusiasm.

Typical behavioral interview questions include asking a candidate to describe their role in a scenario where things weren't going according to plan, asking the candidate to describe their "secret sauce", i.e. what makes them different from other equally qualified candidates and having them describe their ideal project.

Midlevel in Human Resources | Reston, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

We respond to every application accordingly. Those who are moved through the process are kept in close communication throughout the entire process in a timely manner.

We look for candidates that are client-centric, have intellectual curiosity, check their egos at the door, and are flexible.

Once a candidate is a technical fit, they are screened through several sets of behavioral questions to assess their core values.

Partner in IT Strategy | Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

our recruiting process has gotten so much better with smart recruiter.

Tell us about a time when you faced adversity, how did you overcome that adversity? Describe your talent and how you would like to employ that talent over the next 2 years?

Experienced in IT Operations & Implementation | Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Multiple interviews: recruiter, technical, several behavioral. In-house recruiter handles almost all contact with the candidate.
Ideal candidate would be someone with 4-6 years of experience who is really smart. They don't necessarily have to be the best at everything but they have to be able to talk to clients.

Much dependent on the candidate's track: programmer, analyst, project manager, etc. 1. Event the best client's can sometimes ask for too much. Can you tell me about a situation like that and what you did to handle it? 2. Tell me about a time when you failed?