Work at AVID Technical Resources? Submit a Review

Great People, Better Enviornment

January 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The people here are friendly, funny and genuinely care about making AVID as successful as it can be. Great place for those who want to grow their verbal and written communication skills. AVID puts a lot of time and effort into their clients and candidates, which makes them a successful staffing company that sets them a part from the others. The location is also a plus!

The only downside is that the staffing industry can be difficult at times, since working with people can be unpredictable. If you aren't the type of person who can handle defeat and success, then this type of industry isn't for you.

Advice to Candidates

I've been working at AVID full time and it's been a great learning experience.There isn't that sink or swim mentality that some staffing companies have. We play hard but work harder. Everyone here is super friendly and care about everyone succeeding rather than competing for the same positions. I'd definitely recommend AVID Technical Resources to anyone wanting to get a head start in the staffing industry or continue working in the business.

Current Employee at AVID

January 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The team here is what sets us apart- everyone works in sync towards common goal of success.

Great work life balance.

No micromanagement at all.

There are no negative comments about this company in my eyes.

Advice to Candidates

If you are looking to work in a friendly atmosphere with like minded people then this is the place.

Very thorough and professional technical placement

October 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

My contacts were prepared, professional, and eager to help through all aspects of recruitment and job-switching. Helpful and responsive to questions.

I have nothing negative to say about Avid. Best job placement experience that I have had.

Advice to Candidates

The staffing professionals cared about finding me the right fit, not about simply making a placement.

Great place to grow a long term career

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Managements works with you to create career paths, then invests in the resources necessary to help you get there. There is a very collaborative team environment where everyone cares about each others success. Fun team activities to keep the work environment loose.

The staffing industry in general isn't for everyone. There are a lot of things that can happen that are out of your control and if you're not able to deal with that, it can be difficult to find success in this industry.

Advice to Candidates

AVID is a great place for anyone interested in working in the technical staffing industry (both sales and/or recruiting). Management truly cares about helping people achieve their career goals. The team is great and works together to help each other, and the company, achieve their goals.

Great people and an even better culture!

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

AVID Technical Resources is a great place to work. Everyone here has the same goal, to find the best candidate for the right job. All of this is based on our ability to listen to our candidates to understand what they want to do, which industry they want to work in, what culture best fits their talent and where they see themselves later on in their career.

Our leadership's dedication to instill AVID's core values of Hard-Work, Dedication, Communication, Honesty, Integrity and Passion really sets all of AVID's employees up for success now and further on in their career.

Tough Industry is really the only downside but having a work hard play hard mentality is what makes working in a tough industry worth it.

Advice to Candidates

It's not every day you find an employer who invests so heavily into their employees. They operate with transparency and give everyone a platform to speak their minds. Because of this I am truly grateful for everything AVID has given me.

AVID

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Work environment is solid. I never dread heading into work because everyone is here for the same reason and everyone maintains an up-beat attitude throughout the day. Management is reasonable and will take any suggestions into account. AVID has a great culture and tries to implement a system that helps employees achieve success.

The staffing industry is pretty wild and unpredictable which can cause some long hours. There is definitely a build up period when you start recruiting and patience is necessary. You won't start making commission overnight and you really need to grind in order to get some candidates through the door. However at the same time, the industry can be very lucrative and after awhile you start gaining momentum.

Advice to Candidates

The people here are what makes the company. In order to work here you need to be able to roll up your sleeves and be able to persevere through the rigors of the staffing industry. Everyone here is like minded and wants to be successful while maintaining a good environment.

Working at AVID has been great for my career

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

-Management really cares about helping you succeed
-Sincere, team-work oriented coworkers
-Work hard, play hard atmosphere

Not necessarily a downer, but working at AVID is more than a 9-5 job. I have worked many hours at this job and I'd say all of them were worth it. But if somebody isn't ready to work hard and work longer hours, AVID probably isn't the right place for them.

Advice to Candidates

AVID has been the best move I've made in my career. After nearly 5 years, I'm still happy to come to work here every day. You get what you put into it. If you want to succeed, learn more, and grow your skillset, you will and managers and teammates will support you in those goals. But you have to put in the work!

My Experience Working at AVID

July 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

This field is required. I wouldn't call it a downer but learning the technologies and the ins and outs of IT recruiting has been a challenge.

Advice to Candidates

In June, AVID Technical Resources brought me on as a recruiter with the goal to prepare me for an eventual role on the company's sales team. Since I have joined the team, I have received nothing but positive feedback and constructive criticism. Aside from training me as a recruiter, AVID has been proactive in bettering me as an all-around professional in areas like goal-setting, time-management, individual responsibility and organization. At AVID, we pride ourselves in being a team that has each other's backs and helps each other learn. This job can be difficult when starting. Learning the technologies and the ins and outs of IT recruiting has been a challenge. However, everyone has played a role in helping me learn, and after a month I can still say not a day has gone by where I haven't learned something new or improved myself as a professional in this industry.

Good staffing firm

July 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great folk, thorough and responsive. Would happily work with again

None that I can pinpoint but this field is required.

Advice to Candidates

A standard staffing firm who provide a quality service and care about their placements.

Great people highly invested in their jobs

July 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The employees are respectful, insightful, and invested in their roles to help their clients find new opportunities. They strongly value their clients' needs and updates to ensure the new matches are great fits for all parties involved.

No strong complaints so I am nitpicking, but there was a slight misuse of an email template but that should have been corrected already

Advice to Candidates

Be yourself, know your strengths and weaknesses, have a general idea of what professional direction you want to advance along