Work at Fred's, Inc.? Submit a Review

Wrongful termination store; hwy 2 Sterlington, la 71280

August 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

My son has been working at our local fred's store since february of 2017. This was his first job, he was on time and willing to learn, worked 6days schedule which included a split 8-hour shift on truck day(Thursday).

He requested a day off so our family could move back to Monroe, la. we had lost everything in the march 2016 floods. He never requested time off before, so the manager, Theresa had told him to come in on truck day and take the rest of the day off, he did. He called the store and spoke with the manager (theresa) and get his schedule for the following week, and she told him not to come back until next truck day which was thursday 8/3/17. I dropped him off as usual on time at 7am. My son called me within five minutes to tell me that the manager (theresa) had fired him in the parking lot, and didn't have his paycheck. so improfessional. so i turned around and picked him up. and asked teresa myself why she was letting my son go, and she reply because of attendance, i stated she must be wrong because i've dropped him off on time every shift. so, i asked if she could get his final pay, and she stated we don't do that. i reply its law when u let someone go to give final pay, she kept smoking with dis-respect.

Comments

Look for a company who follow state and federal laws to employment. and want share your information. FRED's Inc. is not on point to business and ethics.

Pharmacy Manager

July 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

No Sunday's , met some really great people, paid me to relocate

Benefits aren't there, no 401K match, nno real training protocol for technicians more pharmacist or managers

Comments

Wouldn't recommend , given a store that had been thrown to the wayside and that already did not have adequate staffing.