Suddenlink, a part of Altice USA, is a southern link provider, offering cable TV, high-speed internet access, and phone services to mostly rural markets across the American south. The company counts about 1.4 million residential and business customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, and other states. Suddenlink's business-oriented services include high-capacity networking and web hosting. It also offers home security system installation and monitoring services. The company's CoStreet division provides fiber optic networking and backhaul services to other carriers. The company was bought by Altice SFR in 2016 and became part of Altice's US holdings.

Change in Company Type

Altice SFR, based in France, made its first foray into the US in 2015 with its purchase of 70% of Suddenlink's former parent company, Cequel. The other 30% is owned by BC Partners and CPP Investment Board. With the acquisition, Suddenlink is part of Altice USA, which includes the Cablevision operations that Altice bought in 2016.


The majority of Suddenlink's 1.4 million customers are residential, basic cable subscribers that receive fewer than 30 channels. About 835,000 customers subscribe to digital cable and receive up to 300 channels. More than 1 million residential customers also rely on Suddenlink for internet service, while about 470,000 others have traditional telephone lines. Suddenlink has other businesses that include equipment rental and advertising sales.

Geographic Reach

While Suddenlink's customers are concentrated in the south, it has expanded its geographic footprint to California and Ohio.

Sales and Marketing

Competition is fierce for cable and satellite TV customers, with traditional phone providers such as AT&T and Verizon taking market share away from traditional cable TV providers. Suddenlink uses multiple sales channels to reach current and potential customers, including inbound customer care centers, outbound telemarketing, retail locations, field technician sales and door-to-door sales. It also uses TV, radio, newspaper, direct mail and outdoor advertising. Of course, as a cable provider, TV ads on its own cable systems are available free of charge.

Financial Performance

Suddenlink contributed about €610 million to Altice revenue in 2016 with sales rising about 7% year-over-year and not accounting for the impact of currency exchange rates. Suddenlink's average revenue per user from fiber and cable customers was about €108 in the 2016 fourth quarter.


Part of Suddenlink's plan to gain customers has been to bring big city telecommunications services to small towns. Since 2015, the company has rolled out high-speed internet service of 1 gigabit per second to nearly 50 non-metro markets in the south and southwest. Municipalities to which Suddenlink serves up 1 gig service include Amarillo, Texas, Muskogee, Oklahoma, Clovis, New Mexico, and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The 1 Gig service is available to about 60% of Suddenlink's network, up from 20% before the acquisition by Altice.

- Show Less + Show Full Description

Company News and Press Releases

- Show Less + Show More News and Press Releases


3015 S Southeast Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701-7320
Phone: 1 (314) 965-2020


  • Employer Type: Public
  • Senior Vice President: John Fuhler
  • Executive Vice President: Wendy Knudsen
  • Senior Vice President: Douglas Wiley
  • Employees: 6,400

Major Office Locations

  • Tyler, TX

Other Locations

  • Arkadelphia, AR
  • Batesville, AR
  • Cabot, AR
  • El Dorado, AR
  • Helena, AR
  • Hot Springs Village, AR
  • Malvern, AR
  • Pine Bluff, AR
  • Russellville, AR
  • Auburn, CA
  • Bishop, CA
  • Eureka, CA
  • Marina, CA
  • Truckee, CA
  • Fort Scott, KS
  • Pikeville, KY
  • Bossier City, LA
  • Minden, LA
  • Natchitoches, LA
  • Ruston, LA
  • Sibley, LA
  • Winnfield, LA
  • Boonville, MO
  • Brookfield, MO
  • Carthage, MO
  • Neosho, MO
  • Ozark, MO
  • Reeds Spring, MO
  • Saint Joseph, MO
  • Greenville, NC
  • Kinston, NC
  • New Bern, NC
  • Washington, NC
  • Enid, OK
  • Fort Sill, OK
  • Grove, OK
  • Healdton, OK
  • Hugo, OK
  • Purcell, OK
  • Weatherford, OK
  • Abilene, TX
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Andrews, TX
  • Athens, TX
  • Big Spring, TX
  • Brady, TX
  • Bryan, TX
  • Burkburnett, TX
  • Canyon, TX
  • Childress, TX
  • Clarksville, TX
  • College Station, TX
  • Conroe, TX
  • Georgetown, TX
  • Gladewater, TX
  • Hamlin, TX
  • Henderson, TX
  • Huntsville, TX
  • Jacksonville, TX
  • Kingwood, TX
  • Leander, TX
  • Lubbock, TX
  • Lufkin, TX
  • Midland, TX
  • Mineola, TX
  • Mount Pleasant, TX
  • Nacogdoches, TX
  • Onalaska, TX
  • Paris, TX
  • Pecos, TX
  • Plainview, TX
  • San Angelo, TX
  • Snyder, TX
  • Sulphur Springs, TX
  • Sweetwater, TX
  • Tulia, TX
  • Vernon, TX
  • Wellington, TX
  • Wichita Falls, TX
  • Beckley, WV
  • Belle, WV
  • Buckhannon, WV
  • Parkersburg, WV
  • Point Pleasant, WV
- Show Less + Show More