The Cambridge Group

4.3 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 147 Employee Reviews)

Flexible work schedule

Long hours

Comments

We have what I consider the best value proposition among consulting firm. Paid pretty close to the top, with a flexible schedule, doing growth strategy work for the world'd biggest brand. Super fun work, too.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great type of work, great lifestyle, great people

Small company, so less alumni network

Comments

I absolutely love it here

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

people, clients and type of work

smaller firm

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Cutting edge of growth strategy tailored to what I'm most passionate about

Being on the cutting edge can be scary sometimes.

Comments

Got to love Growth

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work we do - it's interesting and entrepreneurial - there are very few boring projects

We are small and don't have the systems/resources of a big firm

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Strategy work, reduced travel, strong compensation

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exclusive focus on extremely interesting work - growth strategy

Limited industry footprint

Interesting Work

Underrated for B-School Apps

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The management team values your input. You are really able to be a strategic thought partner even as a junior member. I have enjoyed working alongside of brilliant people to make meaningful impacts for our clients.

You don't rack up the travel points.

Comments

The Cambridge Group offers a great opportunity to work with intelligent people to solve client's big issues. You are encouraged to share your insights and ideas at all meetings.

Additionally, the Cambridge Group has a great work environment and culture. The senior leaders respect your work life balance and care about your personal and professional development. Also traveling for only important meetings allows you to really enjoy the city you live in!

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are smart, enthusiastic, and supportive. It's a high performance culture without a lot of Type-A competitiveness.

One of TCG's main selling points is that there is minimal travel relative to other consulting firms. That is changing, and is not particularly well-communicated; it has been disappointing to me how much travel there has been during my first 6-7 months on the job.

Comments

The two things above: I can't say enough wonderful things about the people--I can see how if the work were identical but the people were worse, the work would be much more stressful and much less enjoyable.

Obviously the hours are long--be ready for that--but the people and management's willingness to let analysts be flexible (within reason) about working from home in the evenings makes the work-life balance very reasonable. Again, given how much work there is to do, I can see how things could be much worse, but I don't think they could be that much better.

One thing I would warn people about is you will travel more than TCG tells you that you will--that is the only thing I've been disappointed about in working for TCG. I'm going to give it a 9--if it weren't for this travel issue, I'd give it a 10.