Work at Putnam Associates? Submit a Review

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I would grab a drink with almost any of my colleagues

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I've had a good run developing domain expertise and managerial experience, and am hopeful of a top b-school acceptance soon; Putnam was a great choice for me.

Merit-based promotions can create a lot of tension between those who are tracking / doing fine and those on the fastest arc; Firm should also consider turning down more projects - not sure current utilization is sustainable for the long term

Comments

If you want to work in biopharmaceuticals long term (combining scientific interest and business interests), want to work in consulting long-term, or really are focused on a great platform to MBA, Putnam is a great choice. Colleagues are great, projects are interesting, and responsibility comes early for those who demonstrate they can manage it. Firm reputation and impact is also strong - my current clients trust us implicitly and joke about us being rock stars, which I understand from peers at other firms and experienced hires we've brought in mid-career is not always how consultants are regarded.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I really enjoy the work and the fact that our clients are actually implementing the recommendations that we make.

Location. Although it is a reverse commute, I would prefer to be a little closer to the city.

Midlevel in Management

Burlington, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love just about everything here, whether it's my friendly yet driven colleagues or the exciting and impactful work. I have learned more during my two years at Putnam than all my years of formal education and I am deeply grateful.

The ungodly cold.

Comments

It is a fantastic experience! Consulting can have long hours everywhere and a good candidate must be ambitious and ready to meet challenges, but the learning and growth opportunities are amazing.

Burlington, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people - everyone is not only brilliant, but genuinely friendly, supportive, and down to earth

Sometimes client requests may not always be reasonable

Comments

Look at where Putnam alumni are going - we have a proven track record of not only sending people to diverse places (school, industry, etc.), but the top locations in each field.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Burlington, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the sincere interest of professional development by the Partnership

Comments

Putnam delivers on the promise that a lot of other firms espouse. Outstanding leadership that truly cares about individual professional development and success and which has the ability to provide it. The learning and growth is extraordinary and the track record of successful career paths from individuals that join the firm is unparalleled.

For those interested in business school, Putnam has a flawless track record of employees getting into the top 5 MBA programs and provides the learning experiences, growth opportunity and firm leadership support and encouragement that drives that track record.

Burlington, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The relationships employees build at Putnam with both peers and managers are incredible and make it a wonderful place to work. Managers truly care about your development and give frequent feedback on ways to improve. I can't imagine a better place to launch my career after college.

Driving to Burlington is not ideal given that most young professionals live downtown, but depending on where you live it's only 20-40 minutes.

Comments

Putnam's track record with business school placement is very impressive. The majority of applicants have no trouble getting accepted to a Top 5 program.

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interesting and challenging work, impressive colleagues, attractive culture, strong management and promising future

Not located in the city, challenging cases can lead to long hours, can be stressful

Partner in Strategy

the people

consulting hours... 55-60 hours is the norm

Comments

Lots of opportunity, need to roll up the sleeves and get things done, interesting projects with most recommendations being implemented by the client

2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture, rapid promotional opportunity

Out of city location