4.0 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 382 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review
and Get 1 FREE DAY

Great place to start a career, but be proactive (or else...)
March 2015 | Current Employee

Very smart people, very collegiate environment. Because of the sheer size of the firm, you can find just about any type of project. If you're proactive and know what you want to do, this is a place where you can find your niche and make it happen for yourself.

The PwC name is also becoming increasing well known for consulting. I did not consider the PwC brand to be especially prestigious when I took the offer. However, when out and about, "consulting at PwC" gets a great response, and having it on my LinkedIn has led to several exit opportunities.

Overly large size means that at times you will be at the mercy of bureaucratic nonsense. The real downside, however, is PwC's staffing model. It is driven by HR instead of by the consultants themselves - this means that if you're not efficient and proactive about finding work that you want to be involved in, you can easily end up on one of the large, boring, "cash cow" regulatory compliance projects. You also have little control over which competency you are placed in upon receiving your offer (unless you are coming from the internship program).

Compensation is also slightly lower than industry average for mngmt consulting arm.

Comments

Network, network, network. The people here are very nice, and are always willing to help give you a leg out if you reach out to them (even cold approaches, such as linkedin messages or emails).

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

PwC Advisory
December 2014 | Former Employee

Brand name. Big 4 firms carry weight with many other companies, especially in financial services.

Lack of interesting work. Advisory practice for financial services is almost entirely regulation and compliance work.

Comments

Go in and try to get on a good project. Don't be afraid to say no, otherwise you can get locked into a miserable experience for years.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Entry-level in Strategy
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, the prestige, and the exit opportunities

The travel, the 401k match, the lack of support from HR/management in applying to MBA school, although we do get into top schools.

Comments

It's a great firm with a ton of opportunity since it has 180,000 employees in 776 offices....

Executive in Energy & Utilities
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

PwC really cares about its' people

None!

I found this review helpful (3 others have found this review helpful)

Experienced
Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Growth, Opportunity, Compensation, Global

Comments

Large career growth/development potential. You'll be amongst the smartest and brightest people in the industry. You're able to pick your own career path until you find what makes you happy. The global network of PwC is at your fingertips!

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Flexibility

I found this review helpful (3 others have found this review helpful)

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture and flexibility--very strong brand across industries. Well respected firm

What's worst is also a strength--its a big firm. Takes a while to learn how to navigate it

Comments

Very strong consulting offering--strategy (with Booz & Co acquisition) through execution. But also a firm that understands other important aspects of the business--e.g. tax implications.

Midlevel
2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Boundless opportunity to contribute, advance and grow

Being on the bench

Comments

You should enjoy an entrepreneurial environment.

Executive in Financial Services
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm's value

Executive in Human Resources
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the opportunities to grow career

dress code,

Comments

Great opportunities to learn and grow career, and have a life.