Work at PA Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Experienced in Strategy

Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We help clients take a longer term perspective on complex important issues. I get to work on things I'm passionate about for clients who are in a position to make a difference.

Experienced in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Cambridge, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the clients and the engagement at high levels, interesting and novel ways of working and solving client problems

A bit process oriented at times, and a bit cheap (but the employees are the shareholders).

Comments

Challenging and varied work, great colleagues, very international

Experienced in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

New York, NY | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Comments

I work with exceptionally experienced and bright people.

Executive in Business Advisory

Cambridge, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very smart people, desire to do our best by our clients

An unchecked selfishness among a certain few senior people has had a deleterious effect on the firm and this will not be easy to remediate as it has turned off some of our core, long term employees. These are not bad people, but the model we employ does not yield even in horrible economic conditions. The pressure the model puts people under - which is appropriate in good economic times - causes a lot of scrapping in poor times. Our model, put forward by our chairman, describes a prisoner's dilemna for cooperation, and this ceased to work in 2009, with few repurcussions for the worst offenders. The bloom has come off the rose somewhat.

Comments

Mostly like it, but given the economy it has been a difficult couple of years and the firm has not always responded well to the pressure. Some of the behavior we have seen from leadership has not been as strong as it ought to have been and this has lead to a deep decline in morale and ambition of the team.

Experienced in Business Advisory

Arlington, VA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Freedom to do best work with clients without being micromanaged

Clients don't know who we are so there's lots of selling needed

Comments

Good range of F500 clients and interesting work but growth is slow given economic challenges

Experienced in Energy & Utilities

Oakland, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very difficult for staff, especially junior staff, to get involved in projects unless they are in the right place at the right time.