Work at Navigant Consulting, Inc.? Submit a Review

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Indianapolis, IN | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging work, flexible schedule, home office, international travel

staying connected to colleagues takes extra effort

Career scientist discovers consulting - climbs out of corporate silo!

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Indianapolis, IN | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The variety of projects and the quality of my wo-workers. The enthusiasm of the senior leadership.

The senior seadership team travels a lot, and while they are available, they are not around as much as I'd like face-to-face guidance.

Comments

After leaving a major corporation, I considered whether to start my own consulting business or join a firm. I chose the latter and am very pleased with that decision. I've had the opportunity to learn about and become involved in areas related to my expertise, that I never would have been exposed to in another setting. I have found this to be extremely intellectually stimulating, and it keeps me wanting to grow more. Couple that opportunity with the firms commitment to diversity, gender equity, and philosophy for philanthropy and I would never consider going back to a big corporation and working is a "silo."

World class firm continues to be a leader in every aspect of its mission statement.

Experienced in Energy & Utilities | Burlington, VT | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great, smart people, flexible work hours

Very occasionally, leadership seems to be missing the boat on what is going on at more junior levels

Comments

Flexible work hours, diversity and inclusion, and leadership that 'walks the talk' on innovation and devotion to its people make Navigant a definite 'yes'.

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Entrepreneurial spirit

An innvoative, nimble culture of like minded team members

Experienced | Irvine, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, the people I work with and the drive to improve

Great work life balance

Experienced in Energy & Utilities | Washington, DC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work life balance

None

Navigant offers a great culture of diversity and support which allows professional to deliver great results for clients

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Pittsburgh, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diversity, Talented colleagues, culture

formal training, standard and thorough onboarding

Challenging Environment of Smart, Hard-working Consultants Committed to Growing the Firm to the Next Level

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the projects/clients, and the opportunity to work with your directors more closely

Limited training options and compensation/perks

Comments

I would suggest that the candidate think about whether they prefer being specialized or if they'd rather be more unspecialized. There is limited ability to change practices here so one must really want to specialize in a particular industry to work here. Additionally, I would let them know how important it will be for them to be prepared to work hard and long hours in the beginning as they adjust to the work. Otherwise, I think they will find our culture and work very rewarding and ultimately satisfying on a high level.

Best work-life balance I've found

Midlevel | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexibility, travel opportunities, open communication with leadership

processes could use improvement, not clear how to get a promotion, more standardization and support

Significant responsibility, opportunities for professional growth

Midlevel in Economic | Washington, DC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

opportunities for professional development

work can sometimes be high pressure