Work at KPMG LLP (Advisory)? Submit a Review

KPMG: Politics and Travel

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

As you read in most reviews about KPMG, there is a great pay scale. However, that is a must when it comes to the downers section.

Travel and mentality that it is impossible to telecommute. Leadership mentality on technology stuck in late 90's/early 2000's.

Comments

As many have said before, it is a resume builder. Not a career. If you want to have a wife and kids and maintain a good relationship with them, move on.

First company I have actually recruited others to join

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Company delivers on promise to be employer of choice - and there has been an almost tangible boost in morale across the company. Management enables employees to be successful. Mobile technology is extremely forward thinking for an audit/accounting firm - most all internal compliance and work-related functionality can be performed from your smart phone - travel, expenses, meetings and hoteling, conferences, and intranet. Firm consistently seeks feedback from employees and listens - multiple systems and some internal policies have been updated based on this feedback. Advisory University, which happens annually, really shows that KPMG still spends money in areas that other companies have stopped - enriching the global knowledge of the firm as well as enabling networking capabilities. Offices are closed from Christmas to New Years - extremely rare these days.

Travel and internal processes/compliance can be tiresome. As consultants, travel is an accepted job requirement which leaves minimal time to actually seek out work at home to reduce out of town travel.

Comments

Proud to work at KPMG - this is first company that I have actively recruited others to join because I actually enjoy working here. Firm has even eliminated ratings during review process - while in its first year the verdict is out on how successful this decision will be, but this is just one of the many ways that KPMG is embracing a modern workforce while at the same time sticking to its core values of always striving to do the right thing the right way. Working at KPMG demands that employees be high performers - meeting expectations here is much more challenging than at other companies I have worked. Those employees who shine are rewarded - this also means that people get burned out. KPMG does not require that you kill yourself though and actually encourages employees to use Paid Time Off. I love working at KPMG - I have never said that about any other company.

No Work / Life Balance

1- Pay is very good
2- Travel Program Points are plentiful because of travel

1- Zero work/life balance
2- PMO makes consultants spend a quarter of their time updating numerous status reports.
3- Leadership doesn't Lead
4- Does not foster an environment to allow consultants to consult. PMO often hijacks meetings and creates headaches rather than allowing specialists to lead.

Comments

If you are a college kid and have no family or friends, then KPMG is for you. There is no work/life balance. KPMG sets consulting back 15 years to the times when you were mandatory traveling every week.
The people that they promote to director level are there because of either politics or acquisitions. Directors and PMO will use politics to hurt you if they don't like you and to further their careers.

A company that takes care of you

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

-Lots of assist to get your life in order from assistance with adoption to extra time off for maternity/paternal leave, inclusion in community programs and volunteering
- Career choices and career assist is generous, training first class
- Interesting work on strategic and implementation projects
- good management consulting practice

- Sometimes light on IT systems implementation side, and IT architecture community
- more focused on strategy and operating models than implementation
- Very risk averse

Comments

A good choice employer who will work with you to get you to where you want to be.
It is consulting, so expect to travel and put the time in, but they honor it, and help you achieve a good life/work balance.

Great place to build a career

Experienced in Financial Services | Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Long-term career opportunities

Best place to build a career

Experienced in IT Operations & Implementation | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Career Progression

Hours of work

Very entrepreneurial within the construct and safety of a Big 4

Partner in IT Strategy | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People & Teamwork Culture

Sometimes feels like growinf too fast.

a robust and rewarding experience

Partner in IT Operations & Implementation | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

our people

Comments

you need to feel like it's a good fit - both personally and professionally

Executive in Financial Services

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diversity; Entrepreneurial attitude; high-performace work environment; QUALITY over Quantity of people; inclusive, empowering leadership

I have not identified any yet

Comments

This is the 3rd big 4 I have worked at and I have never met more people with such tenure at any of the other firms. From Managers to Partners, we are talking 5-20 years with the firm. KPMG does something right in that they value their employees and have metrics to keep their talent.

Feel like part of a team and a valued employee

Executive in IT Strategy | Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. It is a great work environment and leadership really cares about your success.

Our marketing. We do not spend enough on marketing our products and services. When compared to our competitors we are the serverly lacking in this area.

Comments

Look for a firm that gives you mobility between service groups, industries and that offers global rotation options. This really gives you the opportunity to expand your skill set and determine exactly where you want to take your career.