Work at IBM Global Business Services? Submit a Review

Good for starting consulting

April 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Good work life balance
Flexibility
Great for analytics and more techy consulting

Get lost in big company
Too rigid of a structure for promotion and project reviews
Hard to make an real impact

Comments

If you are looking for traditional management/strategy consulting, look elsewhere. However, if you want to get into analytics, cloud, mobile etc. they are really investing heavily and this space. They are trying to turn a giant ship, so time will tell if their late move into those areas succeed.

Challenging Company to work for

October 2014 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Career opportunities, Global opportunities, Certain benefits, Brand name, Quality of some colleagues

Red tape, Too silo'ed processes, Bonus payout is terrible, You could easily become just a drop in the ocean,
Professional growth and salary growth can be challenging if you don't have the right network within the company

Comments

Good IT consulting company for entry level consultants, Build a good network, Utilize global opportunities well

Experienced in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

continue to get leadership support, interesting and challenging opportunities, great teams

Entry-level in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

IBM is a gigantic company with an infinite amount of resources and opportunities at your fingertips. Great because you can connect with Nobel Prize winners, travel to the numerous client or philanthropic sites around the world, and be at the forefront of technology and innovative solutions for clients. Bad because you don't know where to start looking for information, get lost if you don't pro-actively manage your career, and get stuck with a lot of red tape (necessary in a large firm). However, I am extremely satisfied because I can literally create my own career, work independently when I want (the virtual work environment is fantastic for someone who also has a life outside of work!), and have the full support of highly intelligent and fun people that I work with.

Experienced in Financial Services

Herndon, VA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

BEing part of something my father was eons ago.

Bureaucracy and entrenchment. They need to learn that a report that was good enough 10 years ago isn't now. With the programmers we have here, you think they cld get someone to write a new script. Or even take suggestions on changing it.

Comments

I enjoy my work. However a lot of frustration with the bureaucracy

Mid-level

Dallas, TX | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging situation, great people...

Travel, long hours

Comments

It's tough economy...

Experienced in Strategy

Raleigh, NC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Cutting U.S. jobs and hiring overseas does not make for a pleasant work environment.

Experienced in Business Advisory

Bethesda, MD | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

I like my project and the firm seems to be OK, but my team is not really a team.

Mid-level in Strategy

Chicago, IL | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Generally the work life balance at IBM is good - however, since moving from a private company to a public company the overall company experience has decrease significantly

Experienced in Human Resources

Atlanta, GA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

benefits

too many layers for decision making, weak support of first level mamagement, too arrogant in approach, too much turf protection and political maneuvering

Comments

Still too arrogant and layered