Work at FTI Consulting, Inc.? Submit a Review

FTI Consulting London Office

August 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Most people are brilliant and team oriented. Some high profile work.

Each practice area is very specialized which leads to siloed ways of working. Overseas offices do not have good learning and development compared to offering in the US which appears good.

Advice to Candidates

sk the questions that get you past the surface answers. Learn how you will be staffed, how to best navigate the culture and what criteria you will be evaluated on. Be prepared to work hard, some long hours and have excellent attention to detail.

FTI CONSULTING

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Highly intelligent people. Ability to work directly with management. Extremely high profile cases drive the majority of the work which can be very rewarding.

Work-life balance can be harsh but is to be expected.

Advice to Candidates

You have to make your time here what you want. Nobody will do things for you, you must be self-driven.

Other in Financial Services

2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Our people

Advice to Candidates

The variety of exciting work.

Incredible work opportunities in high profile and challenging situations surrounded by skilled and approachable managers.

Midlevel | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diverse and interesting work, high profile engagements, access to financial community and company executives, collegial work environment

Volatile amounts of work

Advice to Candidates

Read the restructuring articles on mergers & inquisitions, talk to people in the industry, read Stephen Moyer's "Distressed Debt Analysis", read about restructuring in the news, read the BIWS investment banking guide, know how to build a model in excel from scratch

A place to learn deep industry knowledge

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | New Orleans, LA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Relationships you get to develop with clients and colleagues

Traveling can be stressful

Advice to Candidates

You need to be a self starter. You will inevitably get thrown in the deep end and asked to swim. The life of a traveling consultant isn't for everyone, but it is the best way to develop your network nationally. Be open to learning as much as you can. When you're have down time, seek out opportunities that will grow your professional career and your firm.

Outlook bright for FTI

Entry-level in Financial Services | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and team.

Lack of brand recognition.

Advice to Candidates

While FTI's brand may not be the most well known, we work with the most high profile, biggest companies in the world on a daily basis. Our culture is fantastic and the firm is loaded with talent and a long-term focus on developing our people. Compensation is competitive and highly merit based. Speaking with any senior manager at the firm will show that the firm is going places and the outlook is extremely positive from our CEO.

FTI Offers Challenging Work, Great Culture, and Room for Growth

Entry-level in Marketing/Communications | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work, the people and the opportunities

The hours and the ability to never really "unplug"

Advice to Candidates

FTI is uniquely positioned as a firm, within the notoriously demanding professional services industry, that truly values your career development and well-being. You never feel like just a cog in the machine at FTI, and your worth (no matter what level) goes way beyond the billable hour. Working at FTI for a first job has spoiled me in the realm of professional services: I feel like my ideas are valued through all levels of the organization, and I am never made to feel less important because of my level. FTI is a great place to work, with challenging and interesting work, intelligent people, and a culture that truly cares about you.

Rapid Growth

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The quality people that you work with daily.

Inconsistency in messaging and direction

Advice to Candidates

It's a great place to learn a lot in a short period of time.

Great place to work!

Experienced | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues, and the culture

PTO policy

No comment.

Great reputation, active training culture, but many boring people

Midlevel | Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My team

The boring people

Advice to Candidates

Great compensation, a solid company with a solid reputation, but many boring people.