Work at FTI Consulting, Inc.? Submit a Review

FTI CONSULTING

October 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Highly intelligent people. Ability to work directly with management. Extremely high profile cases drive the majority of the work which can be very rewarding.

Work-life balance can be harsh but is to be expected.

Comments

You have to make your time here what you want. Nobody will do things for you, you must be self-driven.

Other in Financial Services

2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Our people

Comments

The variety of exciting work.

Incredible work opportunities in high profile and challenging situations surrounded by skilled and approachable managers.

Midlevel | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diverse and interesting work, high profile engagements, access to financial community and company executives, collegial work environment

Volatile amounts of work

Comments

Read the restructuring articles on mergers & inquisitions, talk to people in the industry, read Stephen Moyer's "Distressed Debt Analysis", read about restructuring in the news, read the BIWS investment banking guide, know how to build a model in excel from scratch

A place to learn deep industry knowledge

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | New Orleans, LA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Relationships you get to develop with clients and colleagues

Traveling can be stressful

Comments

You need to be a self starter. You will inevitably get thrown in the deep end and asked to swim. The life of a traveling consultant isn't for everyone, but it is the best way to develop your network nationally. Be open to learning as much as you can. When you're have down time, seek out opportunities that will grow your professional career and your firm.

Outlook bright for FTI

Entry-level in Financial Services | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and team.

Lack of brand recognition.

Comments

While FTI's brand may not be the most well known, we work with the most high profile, biggest companies in the world on a daily basis. Our culture is fantastic and the firm is loaded with talent and a long-term focus on developing our people. Compensation is competitive and highly merit based. Speaking with any senior manager at the firm will show that the firm is going places and the outlook is extremely positive from our CEO.

FTI Offers Challenging Work, Great Culture, and Room for Growth

Entry-level in Marketing/Communications | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work, the people and the opportunities

The hours and the ability to never really "unplug"

Comments

FTI is uniquely positioned as a firm, within the notoriously demanding professional services industry, that truly values your career development and well-being. You never feel like just a cog in the machine at FTI, and your worth (no matter what level) goes way beyond the billable hour. Working at FTI for a first job has spoiled me in the realm of professional services: I feel like my ideas are valued through all levels of the organization, and I am never made to feel less important because of my level. FTI is a great place to work, with challenging and interesting work, intelligent people, and a culture that truly cares about you.

Rapid Growth

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The quality people that you work with daily.

Inconsistency in messaging and direction

Comments

It's a great place to learn a lot in a short period of time.

Great place to work!

Experienced | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues, and the culture

PTO policy

Comments

No comment.

Great reputation, active training culture, but many boring people

Midlevel | Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My team

The boring people

Comments

Great compensation, a solid company with a solid reputation, but many boring people.

FTI stepped up to the plate when it counted.

Partner | Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I have a good deal of flexibilty now that I am in a senior position at FTI. I can essentially choose my own hours, as long as I am accountable to my clients and my team.

I travel a lot for my job which makes work/life balance challenging.

Comments

FTI is a relatively large firm. Individuals that are self-motivated and willing to actively manage their career will do well at FTI.