Work at First Manhattan Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Learned a great deal

December 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

I had a summer internship and worked ~3 years at FMCG after graduating from an ivy league school. After having left the company for another opportunity, I realized how much I've learned to think clearly, speak carefully, and be challenged. There is a lot of responsibility put on their employers because they believe they will grow to meet up to it.

It is a smaller firm, which I appreciated as a great team environment, but there are not as many resources for networking and exploring different opportunities within the firm.

Comments

Based on the company culture, I would say it is important to demonstrate that you are a sharp person who double checks their work as well as a person who is easy to work with.

Mid-level in Financial Services

New York, NY | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The compensation is incredible. The people at the firm are brilliant and enjoyable to be around. The partners at the firm are smart, motivated and incredibly interesting to speak with (and there are plenty of opportunities to do so).

The hours can be a bit grinding.

Comments

The job is great. The projects are interesting. I get more client interaction than I would get at any other firm. The pay is exceptional. We have not laid off a single person in the time I've been at the firm (4 years) and business is growing

Entry-level in Financial Services

New York, NY | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Peer group, stimulating work, lots of responsibility

Lifestyle - long hours and lots of travel

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.