Overall Interview Rating

Work at Deloitte Consulting LLP? Submit a Review

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Our interview process is extremely formal and selective. There is a multi-step process (depending on the level) - vetting by recruiters (campus or experienced hire) then formal on site interviews (one on one or group) - typically always based on case studies and consulting skill. the process is then very collaborative, where the team/leaders discuss who and why to call back specific individuals - the follow up process is efficient and reliable

Our firm interview processes are primarily business case based.

Partner in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Interview and call back process very efficient, ideal candidate depends on Service Line. In my service line ideal candidate is someone with Engineering Background, MBA and/or PhD and a mix of industry and consulting experience.

Behavioral, leadership and subject matter interviews. Cases are tailored to domain of expertise.

Experienced in Financial Services | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Interviewing is at least three stages - an initial call, a first round case and 2 behavioral, and a second round 2 case and 2 behavioral. We are looking for very smart people who are driven to create their own careers, thrive in ambiguity, are emotionally intelligent and like solving problems.

Other in Government/Public Sector | Arlington, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Anecdotal feedback is that our recruiters are responsive and connected.

Detailed case interview representative of an actual Deloitte engagement.

Experienced in Management | Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Ideal candidate - smart, confident, thoughtful, empathetic, articulate, deep industry or other experience, tech-saavy.

What are your strengths. How would you solve problem X.

Executive in IT Operations & Implementation | Miami, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Deloitte provides clients with a wide range of services, so the skills required are quite varied. The "ideal candidate" varies by practice, with the Strategy and Operations and Human Capital practices requiring strong business knowledge, and Technology practice looking for strong technical skills coupled with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.

Interviews usually start with behavioral questions, but do include case studies or technical interviews depending on the practice. Deloitte's selectivity is very high - less that 4% of applicants are selected.

Midlevel in Management | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Increasingly looking for "Next Gen" candidates with design and analytics skills in addition to the standard Leadership, Teamwork, and Analytical Problem Solving skills (LTAPS)

We use an innovative group case in our final rounds that tests candidates' ability to work together

Partner in Retail & Consumer Goods | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

High degree of drive and intellect with an interest in helping solve our clients most complex problems - from strategy to execution.

Experienced in IT Operations & Implementation | Miami, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

The recruitment process can take up to a couple of months.. All experienced hires typically starts with an HR interview followed by a technical screening and then an in person interview which is usually a set of three different interviews - a technical interview, a business case simulation and finally a partner interview. Verbal responses are usually within 24-48 hours and an offer comes within a week if selected.

New hires are for the most part from top tier colleges. A GPA of 3.5 is needed to qualify

The most successful practitioners are those who are:
Ambitious
Competitive
Passionate about they do and
Curious to learn more

Apart from HR, technical and partner interviews we use business case simulations as a way to understand how a potential candidate analyzes a situation

Midlevel | Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

In the process how I was hired, campus recruiting, we have hiring down to an art. Deloitte, unlike any other firm, called back at precisely the time they said they would. My first-round interview (for internships - I received an offer via the internship program) was in the afternoon on a Thursday - I received a call within 5 minutes of 6:00pm (the time they indicated they would start calling) to confirm I had a second-round interview. The following day, I had my second-round interview at 8:00am. I received a call to confirm I had an offer at exactly 6:00pm that night. Other firms (specifically BCG and McKinsey) did not do their call backs until the day after or in McKinsey's case, days after, and they were hours after the time said. (I received my callback for my McKinsey second-round interview at 11:30pm the Monday after interviews [which were on a Friday]). As a candidate, I felt disrespected by the McK/BCG process

The most unique part of our recruiting process is the group case interview, which is a great way to identify how candidates will work with a team and on a Deloitte team. It is case-based