4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 446 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review
and Get 1 FREE DAY

Discrimination by Strategy&
March 2015 | Former Employee

Regional Admin Manager (located in Chicago office) who I interviewed with by phone was very nice. Two assistants I interviewed with face to face in SF office seemed nice.

I was confirmed to start a temp to perm position at the company in SF when I was notified by my staffing agency 13 hours before I was to report to work that the client (Strategy&) did an online search of me and were uncomfortable with what they found. My online presence is quite innocent. However, I believe the company had found some old fundraising pages I had created a year ago and found that I suffer from depression. I feel they are discriminating against me for that. The staffing agency informed me that the client (Strategy&) does not want their employees to be on social media at all. If this is true, it should have been addressed in the interview process. Furthermore, I believe that NO company has the right to dictate what their employees do in their private lives.

Comments

I ADVISE ALL CANDIDATES: DO NOT SEEK EMPLOYMENT AT THIS COMPANY!!!

Current Consultant - Strategy& New York
March 2015 | Current Employee

Perfect blend of prestigious management consulting ethos and an entrepreneurial work culture for employees.
Environment strongly favors initiative and meritocracy with ample opportunity for those looking to advance.
Strong mentorship culture with colleagues and senior staff taking a keen interest in junior staff.development and advancement
A plethora of new opportunities to serve several new Fortune 500 clients as a result of relationships brought in by PwC post merger.

Integration of firm cultures with PwC will take time and the difference in talent especially at junior levels can impact work dynamic in jointly staffed teams.
The reputation of Booz & Company has unfortunately, and perhaps unfairly taken a bit of a hit despite the successful acquisition of prestigious new clients post merger and overall firm growth.

Comments

Strategy& is a fantastic place for smart, entrepreneurial people looking to learn a lot and get their hands dirty. Not only do junior staff have the opportunity to learn the invaluable consulting soft skills - the Strategy& alignment model allows client staff to build in-depth industry knowledge by working primarily in a specific practice (e.g. Financial Services, Healthcare, Consumer & Retail etc) - which allows for better exit opportunities into industry.
While the merger with PwC and funky new branding may raise a few eyebrows from the outside - the firm has done very well to position itself for success with strong growth, investment in retaining and acquiring new talent (Including partners from rival firms) and building client relationships with a number of legacy PwC clients. The wins have definitely outweighed the losses and at least for now - 'Strategy&' looks like an exciting new step for what was once Booz.

Still a great company with uncertainty of the future
December 2014 | Current Employee

The projects are high-profile, exciting and drive real change in major companies i n the region. Most of the employees are brilliant and there's a genuine concern for the development of staff.

The acquisition by PWC continues to bring uncertainty into our future. There's a feeling of brand dilution and a fear of exodus should PWC influence our operating model too much

Comments

Successful consultants really do have a passion for the job - the variety of work we do, working through the ambiguity of the clients' issues, the problem solving process, the big changes we can influence. All this offsets the late nights and stress of the job. To some extent, this passion can come out during the interviews - if you're considering applying, try to highlight your genuine interest in solving management issues rather than just proving you can do a case.

Run, do not walk away from this company.
December 2014 | Former Employee

Free food: bread, fruit, bagels, donuts, muffins. Pool table. New offices.

Your best will not be good enough. Under the guise of "professionalism", they will

criticize your gestures and casual comments. Then when you've had enough and post your

resume on a job site, they're all righteous indignation. Someone is always watching you

and giving negative feedback to your boss and you'll never know who. They will use you

up, lay you off and then with a great deal of satisfaction, not give you a reference.

Comments

Be very willing to go the extra mile. Do not make any waves, under any circumstances. Watch your back, someone will be sticking a knife in it.

Midlevel in Financial Services
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, extremely flat culture

Long hours

Comments

Excellent place to work

Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

meritocracy

hours

Comments

performance is rewarded. Each year here is worth 4-5 any where else in terms of experience gained

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Practical solutions. client centric and respect for the individual

Did not have enough scale (which has changed with recent merger with PwC)

Comments

With the recent merger with PwC there are even more opportunities to learn and grow across a wide set of sectors and clients; also ability to take projects from strategy creation to execution - great time to be at Strategy & (formerly Booz & Co)

Partner
Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Intellectually stimulating, non-routine work, solving client's big problems and having fun with a team with diverse backgrounds

Travel, lot of hours

Comments

Try to get to know as many people of the firms you are interested in to gauge whether you like the culture and people.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Most flexible of the blue chip strategy firms; genuine respect for people

Scale relative to McK and BCG---Booz lost scale irrecoverably with the split between Booz & Co. and Booz Allen Hamilton

Comments

Consulting is not an easy industry

Strategy services is harder

Top tier strategy services is harder still

Consider Booz only of if you really like to be challenged; if you want to end every day feeling as though you were pushed and came out better for it.

I found this review helpful (3 others have found this review helpful)

Midlevel in Business Operations
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great firm, great clients - the firm is redefining what a great consultancy should look like but in the short-run prestige could take a hit due to the new branding.