Overall Salary Rating

Work at Bates White Economic Consulting? Submit a Review

Partner in Economic | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

This firm values the staff. Everyone in the firm has their own office, no cubes. The owners are in the office every day and willing to listen to the voice of the staff. We have quarterly meetings where all employees can talk with the COO, Managing Partner, and another one of the firm's founders to get an update on what's happening with the firm's strategy, finances, and to ask any questions they have.

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Management is very transparent about the compensation structure, and the pay is certainly at or above industry average.

Partner | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Compensation is competitive. Recent changes to health benefits have increased my costs and led to some uncertainty about quality of coverage. Recent changes to the 401(k) have dramatically increased my ability to shelter income from taxes.

Midlevel in Economic | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The compensation plan exceeds my expectations and is equitable to the best of my knowledge.

Salary & Benefits Review

There are more or less set salary levels for the different position, so pay equality is ensured. We get pre-tax dollars to use for public transportation, and have very flexible hours. While we have free drinks, we only have free food for events. I wouldn't mind a more casual dress code or a pet-friendly office.

Salary & Benefits Review

The firm gives a generous compensation package from the base salary to sign on bonuses and salary progression. They also have generous benefits such as health coverage and 401k contributions.

Salary & Benefits Review

Bates White pays well and treats us even better.

Midlevel in Economic | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The level of compensation is strong, and consistent, transparent policies are put in place to ensure that employees are paid equitably, both in terms of base salary and performance-based compensation. In addition to a performance-based bonus, there are incentives in place to ensure that junior employees who have had exceptionally high workloads are compensated at year-end for their contributions. Benefits package is competitive, and the firm is supportive of employees' needs for flexible hours and telecommuting provided that they are still able to fulfill their work responsibilities.

Executive in Economic | Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The firm's compensation is competitive. They reward high performance well. They have great benefits, including a new profit sharing plan.

Salary & Benefits Review

Base salary for entry level consultants is phenomenal, compared to a number of other consulting firms such as EY. The signing bonus of $5k is great and end of year bonuses are the icing on the cake to an already great base salary. Since I am relatively knew to the firm, I do not know very much about salary progression. The 401k matching and profit sharing plan is impressive and a step up on a number of my other consultant friends' benefits packages. The firm is good about allowing you to work from home if your physical presence in the office is unnecessary.