Work at Accenture? Submit a Review

Consultant

June 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Name recognition; training; interesting work; ability to transfer projects and offices; smart, interesting, fun, driven people

Can feel like a "number" when it comes to dealing with internal HR questions

Comments

Do you research on how to answer behavioral interview questions; be yourself - personality matters

Associate Software Engineer

June 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

- Good salary for fresh grads
- Training materials are abundant
- The name is pretty good.

- MOst of the tasks are trivial: like, manual software testing, and you don't find much value on what you do.

Comments

- If you want to always be stimulated and have something meaningful to do, then do not enter Accenture.

Accenture Strategy

June 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Phenomenal in certain industries and offerings. Maintain a leading strategy consulting position in consumer products. Consistently serves world's largest private equity firms and biggest LBO deals, winning work from more traditional S&P500 C-suite clients over the likes of McKinsey and BCG as well.

Hyper-political (like all firms) yet scale/size creates more internal bureaucracy and inefficiency that impacts employee experience as well as ease of working cross-domains.

Comments

Don't worry about which entity or role alignment you are being recruited for (if within consulting capacity). Lateral transfers and department changes are extremely common internally and generally only requires earning a good reputation with one senior leader in the persued area.

Interview Process

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Very talented and competent HR staff! Welcoming environment and down to earth environment.

Large company can be frightening. Manager structure and company structure is constantly changing

Comments

Make sure you know what you want to work with. Accenture will most likely try to fit you into a job position that fits that need.

Consultant

January 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The reach of the corporation is global, all over the world.

Because of its large size it may be easy fort to define a career path for you

Comments

nothing for you here to report as I am doing this for the access

Senior Strategy Consultant

December 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great Up front compensation for MBA grads. variety of clients

Travel and hours are brutal. Very little strategy work. Performance review process is terrible

Comments

I advise all MBA students to stay away from this company if you are recruiting for consulting. Accenture flat out lies to its perspective recruits! there is very little strategy work here. The "strategy" part of accenture is simply a branding excercise. ive been here for 2 years now and have yet to interact with any clients above director level titles. Nothing i've done has required an MBA. its all project management. You're staff augmentation for clients to bring in on temporary projects where they dont want to have to hire full time employees long term.

I cant stress this enough. dont fall for the marketing, if you want to solve strategic business problems and dont get into to MBB look at deloitte, PWC, EY and any of the numerous smaller firms over Accenture.

Manager

June 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

People connection is very important here, good team means all for everyone.

salary for IT staff is not so convenience especially for the C & A

Comments

Up or out, a blue blood firm in many area.

Company could be Great but needs to clean up the trash

April 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great training and educational opportunities
99.9% of management operates with integrity
You will have a career counselor who is generally very competent
Extensive opportunities to learn about many businesses across verticles.

Like others have said here, Accenture allows retaliatory behavior from senior people. They will only discipline if the behavior continues over several years, is in writing, and witnesses are able to confirm. Unfortunately they do not perform thorough enough background checks on senior people and examples where people pretend to be medical school professors or lawyers or this or that are present. It hurts the reputation of an otherwise outstanding company. Great opportunities and learnings for me.

Comments

Accenture, you need to 'clean up the trash' and do it fast. Clients aren't dumb -- they will find out if your senior people are faking credentials or pretending to be doctors, specialists or otherwise. You have such a small fraction of employees in this category -- but please take this more seriously. It hurts the reputation of an otherwise outstanding leader in IT Strategy and IT. I urge you to take out the trash and do it fast.

NEVER GO WITH ACCENTURE

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

no uppers for the company as such as they are not considerable for uppers.

Do not even go for Accenture, if you have any other offer in hand go for that. I was having multiple offer in hand and I made mistake waiting for Accenture after clearing all interviews. But, not a single reply from Accenture even after clearing everything.

I have been interviewed for Managerial Position for Python. After successfully clearing the technical round, there was no response from Accenture. Afterwords, I got a mail from HR saying, I have successfully cleared all rounds and they are considering me for the current open position. They filled my EAF, took all the documents.

After this, I waited for almost 4 months (I got mail from HR on 2nd Dec 2015) but I didnt got any response from Accenture. I have mailed HR many times but not a single time the HR responded. They didnt have even that courtesy to tell selected candidate if they kept pending, or position cancelled or anything else.

I have left another offer in my hand considering Accenture but I lost everything and it kept me jobless. Its very bad. HRs should go and learn the basics of HR if they do such things with new employees. They should know that their such careless thing can make someone jobless.
Atleast show courtesy in mailing and letting know update for the position and offer for the selected candidates.

Accenture has a big name but if they will keep doing such things, their name will not be taken in good companies.

I can say from my experience is, if you get another opportunity go for that. Dont go for Accenture even if you get selected in all rounds. Dont spoil your career and be jobless by trusting Accenture.

I hope my review will make management lose their carelessness. Kindly do not spoil someones career and make them jobless. If you dont have position, clearly mention but after selection not contacting candidate at all is worse.
your such behavior degrading your value in market.

If you wish to change such careless behavior and want to be good with new joining employees, you can check mail sent on 12 dec

Midlevel in Strategy

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the freedom to own your career path, choosing your specialty and staffing on your own

Not enough core strategy skills are enforced at the analyst and consultant levels; firm is good at promoting experts, rather than good analysts/consultants