Work at Accenture? Submit a Review

Very Disappointed

August 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

High level of work effort is rewarded by promotion, but not financially

High employee turnover and constant stress of coworkers and managers quitting and leaving for better opportunities and existing employees must pick up the slack

Advice to Candidates

This place does a good job marketing and recruiting to prospective employees. I guess they have to make it look good given such a high turnover rate. Once I was hired I found that’s management was very aggressive, patronizing, and ill-fitting for the contract. For my contract the level of experience needed to execute was simply not there. Between the team lead, deputy team lead and analysts we had 6 years of total work experience combined. During my time at Accenture I found that many managers had zero supervisory or management skills prior to being promoted and the promotion was given purely based on senority since the best employees were leaving the company. Managers treated team members like children, listening in to our phone calls, looking over our shoulders as we worked on PowerPoints or other products. I stayed 10 months, and it was extremely unpleasant. I went to my career counselor to express my concern and he was unmoved and seemed numb to all the complaints.

Large But Great Way To Start Your Career

July 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

variety of opportunities for those seeking ability to try different industries. For the most part there are good people on the projects. 401k matching is generous compared to some other consulting firms.

Huge company, can make you feel like a "cog in the machine" at times. Some teams experience grueling hours. Sometimes staffing is out of your control, being put on projects that are completely out of your area of interest / expertise

Advice to Candidates

Some areas of Accenture can be easy going with low expectations and other can be the exact opposite.
Some times you will feel like you can not navigate the giant matrix of the organization, but there are some practices that have a stronger culture than others. It will be up to you to seek them out.

Great company if you can navigate it

July 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Accenture's MC public service group is filled with really smart and driven people who are genuinely interested in developing their direct reports. The firm in general has great PTO benefits if you are in their Client & Market field. Lot's of training available.

Travel is the standard for all their Client & Market people and you can get stuck on some really long engagements. Accenture is trying to get away from pure technology implementation but that is still what a lot of the projects end up being.

Advice to Candidates

When you get to the firm you must actively seek out the people you want to work with globally and find ways to be valuable to them. If you can connect yourself to a powerful MD you can start to design a super rewarding career.

Wow! Overworked and burnt out.

June 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Generous PTO, but you can never find time to use it and feel judged for taking time off.

I felt underpaid and overworked. They burn through new employees and just keep hiring freshers.

Advice to Candidates

I would not recommend working at Accenture if you want work life balance. They will have you working your life away with little pay.

Low pay compared to industry

June 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Quick paced work schedule, lot of travel potential if you ask

No sick days offered, low salaries and overworked to meet “billable” hours quota.

Advice to Candidates

Accenture likes to hire early so please keep interviewing and looking for jobs to know what you are worth, many other companies offer higher wages.

Excellent place to begin a career

June 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Varied practice with many opportunities and excellent, talented people. Exit opportunities are excellent as the brand name is well respected and still recognized in many fields.

If you do not advocate for yourself, you can be sandboxed into an area you are disinterested in.

Advice to Candidates

Focus on networking in and grades. Internal referrals are taken seriously. Otherwise, apply for the right vertical that you are qualified for.

Employee Retention and Salary Problems

June 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Very few, Accenture seems to be shifting into a new company era and is leaving employees feeling vulnerable.

Toxic workplace, below average pay and benefits, extremely high turnover and struggling to attract good employees due to low starting salary.

Advice to Candidates

There has been a huge up swing in employee turnover that is clearly felt throughout the company at every single level and department. Accenture has not kept their salaries competitive and top employees are leaving for competitors on a daily basis. There seems to be zero action on Accenture’s behalf to address the issue.

Staggering Employee Turnover

April 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

None that come to mind, NONE at all here at Accenture

Low pay, low employee morale budgets, poor management, bad leadership and company direction.

Advice to Candidates

There has been a mass exodus of employees leaving the company due to lower than average pay and being overworked. Truly a company that has lost it’s direction.

Fantastic organisation! Numerous opportunities for growth!

April 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

- All the training you would want and more
- Salary is competitive, above market average
- Can grow fast and climb as fast as you can handle
- Huge company with opportunities to move around
- International and national projects

- Can get lost in the corporate machine if you dont keep your wits
- Restructure too often, but can be a pro or a con depending on how you are affected

Advice to Candidates

Don't get blinded by the "prestige" of the big 4. Pure financial consulting aside, take Accenture over the Big 4 any day. I would say Deloitte is the only one of the Big 4 they can compete on a level field across the board with Accenture.

Honestly MBB cant be topped for business strategy but IT strategy at Accenture comes close, and the brand is still growing.

The new technology based economy favours Accentures model considerably and they are a power house at any level.

Tides have changed

February 2018 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Stress, if you like that kinda stuff. They used to pay for team events quarterly before the budget cuts.

Extremely poor management that always has on foot out the door ready to leave. Two of my boss quit for better pay some place else in the course of four months

Advice to Candidates

Know that this is a “stepping stone” company. It’s hard to find someone that has worked here longer that 5 years. When seeking employment here know exactly what you want to do so they can place you properly