Work at Facebook, Inc.? Submit a Review

David John Hall work With Faebook Inc.

May 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

I Have Been Worked with Facebook More then 9 year's.

Being a Facebooker is a matter of pride for me. To be more specific, my 9 years of work experience in other companies prior to Facebook never had a profound impact on my personal life.

Advice to Candidates

But the moment I joined Facebook, I could feel that while I identify with the values of “Be Bold, Focus on Impact, Move Fast, Be Open & Build Social Value” officially; these values have also cascaded into my personal life.

Facebook

July 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

My peers and most of my leaders are amazing
Most people are brilliant and team oriented. The firm is highly entrepreneurial.

The hours can be harsh
Our development/advancement processes have become less transparent.

Advice to Candidates

To succeed at Facebook, you must be internally driven to be the very best. If you are this type of person, Blackstone is an incredibly rewarding place to work. If you are not or are not confident in your technical skills, there are probably more suitable places to begin your career.

The opportunity of a lifetime

March 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

You better have comfortable shoes because veryone move at a fast pace. Things definitely break, but there aren't layers of approvals, meetings, etc.. Just go do it. All employees are Much empowered to go off and build, fix, and suggest improvements. This environment is very motivating.

Tough work/life commitment. Some cultural elements/tools don't need to necessarily change, but need to be adjusted for a larger company. Better to get these discussed in the open as Facebook evolves.

Advice to Candidates

Work can take over your life if you let managment do so. You need to have your personal life in order, or no personal life, to defend other aspects of your life. Not for those that are not disciplined. You learn a lot (also due to the very open culture of sharing information), but also forces you to be concise, efficient, and direct. No games (mostly), 2 hour meetings, etc. Forces you to maximize your time and grow yourself and your role.