The Georgia General Assembly, Georgia's legislative branch of
government, makes the laws and sets the policies for the state.
Consisting of a House of Representatives and a Senate, the General
Assembly represents the needs and wants of Georgia's some 9
million residents. More than 50 Senators and some 190
Representative meet yearly to conduct business. Georgia's
law-making process requires appropriation bills to originate in the
House and both bodies' approval in order to become law.
Members of both houses are elected for two-year terms in office.
The state has an annual budget of about $18 billion.
Company News and Press Releases
▲ Show Less▼ Show More News and Press Releases
- Report: Chip Rogers Out At GPB Canton-Sixes Patch (Fri, Apr 18)
- District 11 candidates name their top issues The Marietta Daily Journal (Wed, Apr 9)
- Attorney, advocate for indigent defense, to receive statewide award Gainesville Times (Sun, Apr 6)
- Adam Murphy Atlanta cbsatlanta.com (Sat, Apr 5)
- 12th District GOP candidates debate Statesboro Herald (Mon, Mar 31)
- All candidates confirmed for Monday debate Statesboro Herald (Thu, Mar 27)
- Incumbents face challengers in May 20 primary Reporter Newspapers (Tue, Mar 25)
- Georgia House passes bill expanding gun carry rights JURIST (Sat, Mar 22)
House of Representatives, Georgia
332 State Capitol Sw
Atlanta, GA 30334-1600
Phone: 1 (404) 656-5020
Employer Type: Unknown
Financial Services Manager: Sandra McNeal
Governor: Sonny Perdue
Director, House Budget Office: Charlie Walker