The Georgia General Assembly, Georgia's legislative branch of
government, makes the laws and sets the policies for the state.
Consisting of a House of Representatives and a Senate, the General
Assembly represents the needs and wants of Georgia's some 9
million residents. More than 50 Senators and some 190
Representative meet yearly to conduct business. Georgia's
law-making process requires appropriation bills to originate in the
House and both bodies' approval in order to become law.
Members of both houses are elected for two-year terms in office.
The state has an annual budget of about $18 billion.
Company News and Press Releases
▲ Show Less▼ Show More News and Press Releases
- Georgia superintendent named environmental leader Golf Course Industry (Sat, Nov 15)
- Georgia Lawmakers Reveal New Medical Marijuana Bill for 2015 The Daily Chronic (Fri, Nov 14)
- TOTO Celebrates 25th Anniversary With Urban Greenways Gift To Atlanta's School Children -- MORROW, Ga., Nov. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PR Newswire (Fri, Nov 14)
- TOTO Celebrates 25th Anniversary With Urban Greenways Gift To Atlanta's School Children Marketwatch.com (Fri, Nov 14)
- Politics: House Republican Caucus re-elects leaders. Isakson formally states Senate re-election bid Nov. 17. Updates on Sunday voting. Hometown Headlines (Tue, Nov 11)
- Ga. lawmakers set leadership for next session SavannahNOW (Mon, Nov 10)
- Election results: Price easily wins re-election to House seat Reporter Newspapers (Wed, Nov 5)
- Georgia Democrats chair sees silver lining in Carter, Nunn defeats Creative Loafing Atlanta (Wed, Nov 5)
- Doug Collins Re-Elected To Congress After Defeating Challenger David Vogel The Huffington Post (Tue, Nov 4)
- As part of Shorter’s homecoming celebration, university names Kelley, Manning, Nelson as distinguished alums Hometown Headlines (Fri, Oct 31)
- Shorter to honor Distinguished Alumni Coosa Valley News (Thu, Oct 30)
- The Daily Tribune News - Battles Patrick vie for District 15 seat The Daily Tribune news (Sun, Oct 26)
House of Representatives, Georgia
332 State Capitol Sw
Atlanta, GA 30334-1600
Phone: 1 (404) 656-5020
Employer Type: Unknown
Assistant Postal Director: Malcolm Hall
Committee Chair: Lou Iacouvino
President: Scott Saulson