Work at Capital One Financial Corporation? Submit a Review

Intern

November 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great perks and an easy work environment. Pay wasnt bad either

They do expect you to work your hardest, so expect that

Advice to Candidates

Overall, great company and I hope to come back on once I am finished with my undergrad

&gt; 5 years in the Business Analyst job family

June 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Work-life balance, facilities, colleagues from top schools, compensation in line with MBB, training, flexible work schedules

Depending on what team you're on, work can be very dry/unglamorous/inconsequential. Great leadership at the top but weak in middle/upper-middle management. Tons of middle-management means limited exposure to senior leadership/big picture.

Advice to Candidates

No better place if work-life balance is important to you, but climbing the latter takes a while and you won't see your paychecks grow at a very fast rate year over year.

Senior Business Analyst

January 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great very smart people
Good starting compensation
Great work life balance

Not always merit based
People are often too nice to give good feedback

Advice to Candidates

great place to start a career but difficult to say long term. Very bureaucratic

Great culture, challenging work

October 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Collegial atmosphere at headquarters, freedom to work on the projects that interest you

I found that the most interesting departments were in the Richmond offices, which isn't the greatest place to live

Advice to Candidates

Prepare for a case interview; I had no expectations that I would get one, and they surprised me with it at the end.

Capital One

September 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great culture, amazing pay, excellent work life balance. The campus is also one on the best I have ever seen.

The work can be boring at times and not a lot of room to rotate to new assignments.

Advice to Candidates

Prepare the their case interview. Very easy if you practice ahead mostly looking for fit.

OK company for entry-level analysts, depending on what you're looking for

February 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Good work-life balance for certain teams, top salaries for credit card and retail banking analysts

Does not promote executives from within, bad work-life balance for certain teams, poor distribution of work among teams, very beaurocratic performance management process, many positions are menial and do not drive value for customers

Advice to Candidates

Capital One may be a good place to work depending on your background - the amenities and pay are both industry-leading. That said, the company does not offer strong growth opportunities from within. Because of this, a very large number of employees get stuck in middle management or leave.

Capital One is a good choice for recent grads, career switchers, and people looking for a place to finish their career, but it is often not a good fit for those looking to get promoted quickly.