Work at William Blair? Submit a Review

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions

Chicago, IL | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Analysts seem to help each other out. I feel as though I've taken the role of a psychologist oppose to an investment banker.

Mentorship of senior bankers, technology, innovation, no risk, etc.

Comments

I came as a lateral hire from a prestigious hedge fund with the intention to learn M&A corporate finance, but a year and a half later I became a secretary on steroids. The majority of the tasks are entering call logs on salesforce.com, mailing PIBS, and downloading league tables. As a junior banker you want mentorship and a steep learning curve, which you do not find at Blair.

Experienced in Corporate Finance

Chicago, IL | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I honestly cannot think of anything.

Quality of work, firm culture, and compensation.

Comments

Although many will not mention it, most people at William Blair are very dissatisfied with their job. This is primarily attributable to the low quality of work, poor firm culture, and below-Street level of compensation. The dissatisfaction is mainly concentrated within junior to mid-level professionals. This has resulted in a significant exodus of analyst-level and associate-level professionals from the firm. This has been consistent for a couple of years now, and the current sentiment suggest it will definitely rise.