Sandler O'Neill + Partners L.P.

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 14 Employee Reviews)

Work at Sandler O'Neill + Partners L.P.? Log in to Submit a Review

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great atmosphere and the opportunity to stay at the firm as long as you're a strong performer.

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

If you work hard at Sandler you will be rewarded for it. Bottom line.

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and no BS attitude.

nothing really mentioning

Comments

Great firm. Old school Wall Street culture - the partners take care of their troops. Reputation and client service come first. Hard work is rewarded and flat organization greatly minimizes the BS that is found at large firms.

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People (both senior and junior), lack of bureaucracy, merit-based culture, close-knit atmosphere, name brand firm in the FIG space.

Small (both a positive and a negative), the firm's focus on the bottom-line means less in the way of perks.

Comments

As with everything, there are good days and bad days, but overall the work environment at Sandler makes for a very rewarding experience. It starts with the highest ranking partners, who create an atmosphere that is hard-working, yet relaxed when it needs to be.

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people to work with.

Comments

Great place to work, great people to work with.

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Lifestyle, compensation, entreprenurial culture.

Partnership takes the lion's share of profits, traders are not compensated based on a formula as salespeople are

Comments

Work/life balance is unparalleled. Flat organizational structure. Compensation is all cash and is 100% performance based. Great place to work and build a book of business for the right person.

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture. Everyone is well versed in our industry which keeps the dialogue intelligent and everyone thinking critically.

Comments

It is very easy to wake up and go to work with people I enjoy being around at the office and following a very interesting industry.

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Pleasant and amiable work environment.

Comments

Great environment to work in. Very friendly and supportive people. Do not dread coming to work at all.

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

If you have a drive to excel you have a firm that is big enough to allow for growth and small enough for you're efforts to be noticed.

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture in my office.

Variance in compensatin form year to year.

Comments

The firm provides an excellent platform for gaining experience working on a wide variety of financial institutions transactions. I have worked on numerous M&A and capital raising transactions that have been interesting every year I have been at the firm. The firm also offers an excellent platform for building relationships with potential clients at an earlier stage of your career than most firms. Hours are long and arduous but no more than at competitors. I enjoy the colleagues I work with and have generally been treated fairly in terms of compensation.