Peter J. Solomon Company

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 21 Employee Reviews)

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

client interaction, flat corporate structure

smaller, not as well known as others

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great work/life balance, ability to interact with senior bankers, ability to work directly with client management teams, ability to take on as much responsibility as you can handle

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Lean deal teams and large transaction sizes and number of deals

No international presence

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Small deal teams and great culture

Not as well recognized, but we've been working on bigger and more exciting deals recently so this will probably change

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Growing company, collegial culture, significant senior exposure with flat deal teams, strong dealflow and great work life balance

Small production / back office team

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Senior level exposure. Unparalleled responsibility at a young age

Not as much administrative support

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture, exposure to clients, lean deal teams, large amount of responsibility for first year analysts, constant interactions with senior level people, quality of life, nice office, retail sector expertise, compensation

Lack of a production team, lack of centralization

Comments

For an experiene with high exposure and the chance to learn a lot quickly on the job, PJSC is a great place to work. Workload is moderate with high compensation and a good quality of life. Deal flow is very consistent, and you will get to work with some of the premier clients in the retail sector.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

High compensation for the hours worked, good work / life balance, sociable work environment

Lower prestige compared to other firms reduces ease of securing PE / hedge fund opportunities

Comments

Large responsibility on small deal teams, some client interaction, work / life balance, compensation, firm culture all big pluses. Exit opportunities for PE / hedge fund employment not as good compared to bulge brackets, however, which is the largest downside.

Culture

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The collegial culture and the lower than average hours

Extremely political and many analysts go through entire 2 years without extensive deal experience

Comments

Provides decent, but not great exit opportunities. The firm is strong in terms of quality of deal flow but not quantity. Most analysts will get to work on 1 or 2 big transactions but will not often close more than 2 or 3. Politics play more of a part in work atmosphere than at larger banks. Hours are slightly better than at bulge brackets (average of roughly 75-80 hours per week first year and 65-70 second year). Compensation is in line with Street. The firm culture is very collegial and analysts frequently develop strong relationships both in and outside of the office. Overall, a solid 2 year investment banking program, however larger banks will provide a more well-rounded experience.