Work at Nomura Holdings, Inc.? Submit a Review

8 Month Internship - Operations, London

April 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great company culture; friendly, helpful and relaxed. Amazing offices and roof top restaurant with free food after 7pm.

The work I did was a bit tedious at time. Not much room for horizontal movement.

Comments

Much sure your financial services industry knowledge is solid, with an emphasis on breadth rather than depth. Know what a typical day entails. Understand the different functions of the bank. Think about how the industry is moving, where it is going.

Midlevel in Mergers & Acquisitions

Growth / Great trajectory

People

Compensation

Need to grow market share

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the opportunity to be immediately impactful and help your peers.

The location of our office i terrible to get to.

Comments

Excellent, love my job.

Midlevel in Leveraged Finance

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Cameraderie among team and groups, access to senior bankers

Concern about not having established relationships with clients, deals are more difficult without the historical access

Comments

Friendly environment where learning and development are prioritized. Small US presence makes it feel more like a boutique

Entry-level in Fixed Income Research

2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flat orgnizational structure, less beaurocracy, access to senior managers, start-up culture, opportunities to grow

Comments

The opportunity to talk to senior managers was most value-add for me. The managers kept me involved in the decisions they made and the reasons behind those decisions.

Entry-level in Sales & Trading

Other | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Small entrepreneurial environment. It is heaven for newcomers willing to get to work immediately and make a difference. Although these words might seem cliche, I've had the experience of working for a top 3 bank in London, and the amount of responsibility and interaction with the markets I did from the get-go here is truly astonishing.

Credit rating, still small footprint in the US. We're working on it!

Comments

Integrated very well very fast with my current group and with groups we work with. Was lucky enough to gel very well with my manager who pushed me very early on, gave me lots of responsibilities and provided me with great on the job training.

Experienced in Sales & Trading

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people! This firm has compiled a very impressive group of talented, diverse and congenial individuals. Coming to work is truly an international and cultural experience given our diverse group of people.

As with any investment bank, the hours can be demanding and at times travel can be inconvenient.

Comments

My job is fantastic! I work for an international bank, with international colleagues (all are bi-lingual and only two Americans are in my group) and focus on the most exciting and fast paced international market in the world: Asia.

Midlevel in Corporate Finance

Entrepreneurial culture

Midlevel in Sales & Trading

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

It is a great place to be for younger employees. You have an opportunity to come up the rung a bit quicker than at a larger, more established bulge bracket investment bank. Very entrepreneurial.

Midlevel in Sales & Trading

growth opportunity.

rating; name brand recognition

Comments

Growing opportunity