Moelis & Company

3.9 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 97 Employee Reviews)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Best place to work on the street !

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm expectation to achieve excellence, entreprenuerialism, desire to be the best by providing the best advice to clients, focus on teaching and mentoring

Brand is still embryonic

Comments

We are the firm you thought Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, DLJ and Morgan Stanley were. We are better positioned for success and more appreciated and respected by our clients than Lazard, Evercore, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg, Peter J Solomon, and Rothschild are.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality of team members, work/life balance, compensation

None

Comments

Don't overlook us because we're classified as a boutique firm and you'd rather work at a bulge bracket. I came from a top bulge bracket bank and can say that I've learned more in my short career at Moelis and worked on much more interesting projects (i.e. I'm not doing nearly as much internal busywork) than I did at my old firm. Combine that with a better lifestyle than the bulge brackets and quality leadership, and this firm is the best-kept secret in the Wall Street labor force.

people / comp

long hours

Comments

flat structure

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Have very solid grades, be hardworking, be prepared to learn fast and be focused.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

The culture is everything and unique

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Best environment on street to get buyside opportunities. Very easy to reach to out to senior people.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The unique culture that encourages interaction between senior and junior bankers. The senior bankers willingness to mentor and teach junior bankers.

Comments

Moelis offers a unique opportunity to gain a generalist experience as a junior banker. They are very open to analysts leaving for other opportunities after two or three years with them. The senior bankers will be great mentors if you want them to be.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Ability to contribute to the growth and success of the next great Wall Street firm

Highly entreprenuerial, which can be unstructured at times

Comments

It is a great place to work for ambitious people who are looking to be continuously challenge. The firm's growth and culture presents opportunities for responsibility and outsized compensation that are not found elsewhere

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

The firm has a great culture and makes sure it is monetarily competitive with any firm on the street but you'll be challenged all the time.