Work at J.P. Morgan? Submit a Review

The culture

survived

Midlevel in Technology | Columbus, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

pay

stuck in old way of doing things.

Comments

Nothing

Marketing and Sales Support

July 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great name and reputation. Fantastic access to senior political and business leaders globally.

Completely dysfunctional marketing strategy - not what you'd expect from a firm that employs some of the smartest minds.

Comments

Pick your department/function carefully, develop sharp elbows and look after yourself because no one is going to look after you.

Entry-level in Technology

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Telecommuting, Flexible Work Hours, Career Opportunities, Mobility Opportunities, Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental)

Work-Life Balance, Unnecessary Bureaucracy, Resistance to Change by Seasoned Employees

Comments

As a person just starting their career, JPMorgan Chase has offered me some absolutely wonderful learning opportunities. Many of my friends which started at the same time I did have moved to other countries and other lines of business--the possibilities are really unbelievable, and management is willing to work with you to make sure you are where you will be most productive. The compensation is comparable to other firms in the area, the benefits are fantastic. That being said, many teams at this firm have a very heavy workload and a bad work-life balance. As a young person with no children, this has not been a very big issue for me yet. Later on in my life, I will have to really think about if this is the best place for me to stay if they are unwilling to make sure employees can live their lives outside of the office.

Experienced in Technology

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Well respected and recognised firm

Deteriorating work environment

Comments

Firm is good for entry level and college grads to start a career. Choose the location such as New York, Columbus etc. Dont get stuck at location where senior management are not located in the same place. That will very severely restrict growth. There is a very strong culture of out of sight out of mind.

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking

Compensation

Executive in Technology

Prestige and stability

Lack of recognition/promotion and inexperienced management

Midlevel

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The reputation. When asked where I work, there is not a soul I have met who has not heard of J.P. Morgan.

The compensation and firm rules that there are zero promotion or raise opportunities if you move internally.

Executive in Sales & Trading