Overall Salary Rating

Work at J.P. Morgan? Submit a Review

December 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Pay was at or below street level. Pay was not proportional to out-sized work load coverage groups had to bear.

Executive in Technology | Wilmington, DE | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Best - paid well for strong performance
Worst - employees stuggle with high cost of health care options

Midlevel in Alternate Investments/Hedge Funds | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The best aspect is that combined compensation is competitive with the market.
The worst aspect is the relatively limited investment choices for 401(k) accounts.

Entry-level in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The healthcare is expensive and we get no contribution toward a gym plan. Otherwise, the various discounts and retirement fund matching are wonderful.

Midlevel in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Indianapolis, IN | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The compensation model is not clearly defined and the way bonuses are calculated is not able to be determined.

Entry-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The firm is highly competitive in paying its analysts, and our vacation plan is the best I have heard of for any first year analyst (4 weeks of vacation with 9 sick days and 3 personal days on top of that). However, in the Houston office our parking is hugely expensive ($250/month) and is not subsidized. We do not have a gym in the building nor do we have gym or lifestyle reimbursements. We certainly do not have free food or beverage.

Midlevel in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

The pay is very good and they are working to make the metrics around salary/bonus more clear. Retirement and employee stock purchase plan is very good and vacation time is flexible. Outside of this, perks do increase the more senior you are at the firm, especially in relation to flexible hours. Other common perks including child care, parking, and gym are left to the employees to cover.

Executive in Technology | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Best: compensation can be very attractive. Also many perks (employee discounts).
Worst: lack of transparency in the compensation process leads to wide range of compensation for people doing a similar role with equal talent.

Entry-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Boca Raton, FL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

I like the salary and the bonus. I'm glad they changed the matching policy last year to match 5% of total compensation. It hasn't applied to me yet, but I have heard the stock/cash ratio for more senior people creates somewhat of an imbalance and concentrated stock position.

Salary & Benefits Review

Parking is very expensive and not covered at all by JP Morgan.