Overall Interview Rating

Work at J.P. Morgan? Submit a Review

December 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

The easiest interview I had at any of the investment banks

Midlevel in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Candidates had to provide a stock pitch.

Executive in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Austin, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

HR is always very responsive

Entry-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

What's our stock price at? Why you? Why JP Morgan? Why Asset Management? Tell Me About A Time You Failed.....? What Have You Read Recently?

Midlevel in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Palo Alto, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

We are very organized around formal campus recruiting but could do a better job with off-cycle hires.

What is your view on the US/EM/DM markets now and why? What should the Fed do regarding interest rate policy and why? What interests you about Private Banking vs. other parts of the financial services industry and why? What makes JPM unique from our competitors?

Discuss the markets, your views.

Midlevel in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Ft. Worth, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You're meeting with a cold prospect, what questions are you going to ask them?

Executive in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Our division is not at all clear on what we are looking for. We want smart people who are commercial. We say nothing about integrity, as if asking for that was old fashioned. This needs to change before we devolve into a feudal system of corrupt overlords who are the only people ruthless and Machiavellian enough to be able to protect their flocks, or to take the risks necessary to allow new people at JPM to be successful.

HR prepares cases for MBA recruiting which are thorough and fair, and allow us to see what qualities candidates possess.

Executive in Risk Management | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

We usually do two rounds of interviewing with multiple people and then get to an offer quickly as strong candiates will often have choices.

We look for candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who will ask questions to facilitate their learning curve.

lots of open ended questions. In Risk, we invite students to participate in a case competition that we hold on various campuses each year. This helps the students understand what working in Risk is like and helps us see candidates in action even before the interview.

Midlevel in Alternate Investments/Hedge Funds | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

The ideal candidate is someone with a solid foundation of knowledge, willingness to learn and work hard, and ability to thrive and interact in a team environment.

Tell me about yourself, technical understanding of concepts commonly used in roles being interviewed for, asking about specific items on a resume, asking about candidate understanding of the firm and specific team