Work at J.P. Morgan? Submit a Review

AML Compliance

April 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Name on resume, Relationships with coworkers. Can be great career starter.

Low pay, low morale, large layoffs, generally undesirable locations, high stress.

Advice to Candidates

Understand that you may become just a number and that you're an expendable resource, regardless of your talent.

Worst investment Banking Analyst Program

December 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Strong brand.

Good exit opportunities.

Good training program (because it was long, thus limiting time in my actual group).

Large bank with international scale and the ability to service the client's every need.

Sharper people at GS, MS, Evercore, Centerview, Greenhill etc.

Extremely political culture. Reviews are driven by favoritism versus work product. Associates and VPs in the investment bank are red tape that efficient analysts have to work around.

JPM loves to show their clients anything and everything, versus offering real strategic advice to their clients.

Advice to Candidates

I strongly encourage you to go to a place with better culture, smarter people and equal exit opportunities. Names that come to mind are GS, MS, Evercore, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg and Centerview

J.P.Morgan

January 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great culture and organizational values, lots of room for growth, and amazing benefits.

I haven't found any reason to dislike my present employment. Everything is positive to me.

Advice to Candidates

JPMorgan Chase is a huge organization and in general a great place to work for, flexible, and very professional

Entry-level in Risk Management

January 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Strong brand and competitive pay for juniors. Internal mobility to risk is very possible.

Politics, small team and bureaucratic.
"Brands" risk management as banking.

Advice to Candidates

Might be a great entry point for a career but not for the long term.

Too Much Growth, Too Little Oversight

October 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

incredible company focus on savings of energy and cost-effective energy improvements for communities. A great graphs and charts company.

disconnect from front line employees. Unsure of what is happening at communities or what service clients expect for high rent rates. Very little confidentiality. All communication goes through management pipeline, and little is distributed below. There seems to be a resentment toward the employees who manage the day to day as opposed to those in the corporate office. Geniuses and brainstormers are needed, but these jobs are 80% perspiration and 20% inspiration. There is a serious shortage of "perspirers" in an environment based on exclusion.

Advice to Candidates

assume you will be at this position indefinitely. The career path doesnt happen here due to removal of middle level management positions years ago. They are "thinking about" starting a manager training by the end of the year for hourly candidates. The company has been around too long to have quality of life in an infant stage. The positions in management slots are largely filled from outside the company. If you are content with your beginning pay and title, it may be a fit. There are huge gray areas in professional behavior.

Executive in Technology

Midlevel in Portfolio Management

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Smart & Humble People

Advice to Candidates

A commitment to integrity, fairness and responsibility
We will not compromise our integrity. We face facts. We have fortitude. We foster an environment of respect, inclusiveness, humanity and humility. We help strengthen the communities in which we live and work.

Entry-level in Equity Research

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning from so many smart, motivated, professional, and trustworthy people whom I am proud to work alongside.

Advice to Candidates

If money is not your most important factor, J.P. Morgan is the best investment bank to work for by far. You work with amazing people, servicing high-profile clients, executing market-making deals, all for a firm whose integrity and mission you can believe in. Our goal is to grow and train people to keep them for their whole careers, and you will not find better career mobility or development opportunities anywhere on the street.

Great people lead to an even better experience

Entry-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people that I work with

Our technology needs lots of improvement