Work at J.P. Morgan? Submit a Review

AML Compliance

April 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Name on resume, Relationships with coworkers. Can be great career starter.

Low pay, low morale, large layoffs, generally undesirable locations, high stress.

Advice to Candidates

Understand that you may become just a number and that you're an expendable resource, regardless of your talent.

Worst investment Banking Analyst Program

December 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Strong brand.

Good exit opportunities.

Good training program (because it was long, thus limiting time in my actual group).

Large bank with international scale and the ability to service the client's every need.

Sharper people at GS, MS, Evercore, Centerview, Greenhill etc.

Extremely political culture. Reviews are driven by favoritism versus work product. Associates and VPs in the investment bank are red tape that efficient analysts have to work around.

JPM loves to show their clients anything and everything, versus offering real strategic advice to their clients.

Advice to Candidates

I strongly encourage you to go to a place with better culture, smarter people and equal exit opportunities. Names that come to mind are GS, MS, Evercore, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg and Centerview

J.P.Morgan

January 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great culture and organizational values, lots of room for growth, and amazing benefits.

I haven't found any reason to dislike my present employment. Everything is positive to me.

Advice to Candidates

JPMorgan Chase is a huge organization and in general a great place to work for, flexible, and very professional

Entry-level in Risk Management

January 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Strong brand and competitive pay for juniors. Internal mobility to risk is very possible.

Politics, small team and bureaucratic.
"Brands" risk management as banking.

Advice to Candidates

Might be a great entry point for a career but not for the long term.

Executive in Technology

Midlevel in Portfolio Management

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Smart & Humble People

Advice to Candidates

A commitment to integrity, fairness and responsibility
We will not compromise our integrity. We face facts. We have fortitude. We foster an environment of respect, inclusiveness, humanity and humility. We help strengthen the communities in which we live and work.

Entry-level in Equity Research

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning from so many smart, motivated, professional, and trustworthy people whom I am proud to work alongside.

Advice to Candidates

If money is not your most important factor, J.P. Morgan is the best investment bank to work for by far. You work with amazing people, servicing high-profile clients, executing market-making deals, all for a firm whose integrity and mission you can believe in. Our goal is to grow and train people to keep them for their whole careers, and you will not find better career mobility or development opportunities anywhere on the street.

Great people lead to an even better experience

Entry-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people that I work with

Our technology needs lots of improvement

Awesome. Lifechanging. Would be happy to work here if I live again

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, colleagues, clients, #1 global franchise

Nothing to mention company specific, however banking is not for everybody

Advice to Candidates

Learn the culture, meet people, know the street and make your diligence