Overall Interview Rating

Work at Houlihan Lokey? Submit a Review

Executive in Mergers & Acquisitions | Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very technical valuation and finance focus, combined with qualitative critical thinking and creativity questions.

Experienced in Restructuring | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Not sure how it works; I give feedback to HR and they reach out to the candidates; not sure how timely after the interview that happens

30min interviews with 10min or so on resume, 10min or so on technical aspects and 10min or so on covering other topics

Entry-level in Corporate Finance | Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Gregarious and curious personality (need someone we like to teach)

Technicals, personals, case studies - what questions would you ask a client in these scenarios

Mid-level | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Ideal candidates include highly motivated, hard working self-starters.

- Walk me through a discounted cash flow analysis. - Flow a change in depreciation through the three financial statements. - Can the return on equity ever be greater than the return on debt?

Executive in Restructuring | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

For new hires, we typically have one on campus interview followed by a super day in our office for those that are called back. We typically look for students with a strong finance background as well as a good fit for our group.

Interviews include a combination of technical and fit questions.

Executive in Restructuring | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

The process varies depending on position (analyst vs associate and full time vs intern) and school (target vs non), Typically folks will get interviewed by at least 10 people. First round will be on campus or telephonic. Superday will be in the office with full team involvement, including officers.

We look for self motivated, driven, intellectually curious types. People who really want to do something interesting and less process oriented.

We have a detailed restructuring case study we go through. We also ask questions about valuation, accounting, finance, capital structure, debt documents, and brain teasers. Additionally we have a lot of fit questions we ask (~35% of the interviews are fit).

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very extensive interview process

Experienced in Restructuring | Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

We need candidates with high technical capabilities day one. That said, we are not exclusively focused on business/finance majors - someone can demonstrate these skills and also bring other areas of expertise (engineering, etc) we're happy to take those candidates.

Experienced in Restructuring | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

In restructuring, conceptual questions to walk through the priority of a capital structure, how one approaches a distressed situation, as well as typical finance questions to make sure you have the background (DCFs, valuation, accounting, etc.).

Mid-level in Restructuring | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Individuals with restructuring / banking experience, intellectual curiosity, and solid work ethic