Work at Houlihan Lokey? Submit a Review

Nonstop learning working with incredible professionals and top clients.

Executive in Restructuring | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great clients and interesting work; incredible culture (a real team); top compensation.

Unpredictable work load sometimes.

Comments

There is no better finance training than financial restructuring at Houlihan Lokey. You learn finance, accounting, law and strategic negotiations, Much more of the job is technical, versus other more administrative roles in finance. The clients we have are world class, our team has a tremendously inclusive culture, and we pay well. We also promote from within; many of our MDs started as analysts.

Mid-level in Mergers & Acquisitions

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great culture and learning environment

None

Comments

A lot of work, but if it is the right job for you, there is no better industry or place to work

Entrepreneurial environnment with great culture and deal flow

Experienced in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

great company culture, entrepreneurial environment, great access to clients

Opportunity to build a long-term, successful and rewarding career doing work I enjoy for clients I respect with people I love.

Executive in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Incredible people and culture

NA

Comments

Great quality of life relative to most investment banks. Lots of stability at the senior ranks that lend itself to incredible on the job training and development of junior staff as well as incredible culture. Differentiated business model that allows for both growth and stability. Promote from within giving opportunity to build a long term career.

Experienced in Corporate Finance

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Colleagues, high-quality deal flow, strength of financial sponsor coverage team, pay

Very Satisfied

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Strong culture with good work/life balance. LA office is gorgeous

We advise some pretty bad, small companies

Comments

Pay is competitive with bulge bracket / elite boutiques with better work-life balance

Drinking in the restructuring industry from a fire hose with the most respected restructuring bankers in the world

Mid-level in Restructuring | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, responsibility at junior levels, complexity of the deals and prestige among clients who understand restructuring

The hours are especially brutal and the learning curve is quite steep

Experienced in Corporate Finance

Great learning experience

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and I enjoy the people I work with

Unexpected hours

Comments

Lots of compensation and lots of responsibility for the typical analyst role. Also, almost every project is different