Overall Interview Rating

Work at Goldman Sachs & Co.? Submit a Review

November 2018 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

If you are a mid career higher, expect a long interview process. The firm goes out of its way to be sure they are hiring the right person for every role.

Entry-level in Technology | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Write an algo to tell if a number is a power of ten (this question is considered easy)

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Los Angeles, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

ideally they are seaking candidates that are highly motivated, efficient, organized, intelligent and a team player.

Experienced in Technology | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

It's really not good at all. Our outreach and interview process needs severe overhauling.

Experienced in Private Equity | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Most candidates go through two rounds of interviews, either on campus or via video, and the second round in person. Candidates meet with a number of firm professionals who will evaluate the candidate's attitude, motivation, interest level, and aptitude. Interviews are friendly and conversational. Since there are so many different types of roles at Goldman Sachs, the early interviews are intended to help us guide the candidate to business lines and teams that they may find most interesting for their careers.

When you open up a newspaper, what types of articles do you read first? What storyline has been most interesting to you in the past couple of months?

Experienced in Technology | Salt Lake City, UT | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

The firm has a very structured interviewing and recruitment process. The ideal candidate is someone who can solve hard problems and has the hunger to tackle both hard and simple problems

This is very specific to the division, but within technology we basically assess candidates based on several disciplines including software architecture, algorithms, data structures and software development life cycle

Mid-level in Technology | Jersey City, NJ | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

The hiring manager would openly communicate to me to set my expectations about the hiring process. HR was very friendly and would constantly follow up to see if I needed anything while I awaited the decision by the hiring manager.

Technical Deep Dive questions to gauge technical abilities.

Experienced in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Tell me about a recent experience that you had working on a team/group/committee. What were your goals? Was the outcome a success or a failure? What did you learn?

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Blackbox

Mid-level in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Self motivated