Overall Interview Rating

Work at Goldman Sachs & Co.? Submit a Review

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Interview process is slow and arduous; callbacks are not provided for non-selectees, making it seem like an infinite process to some. The ideal candidate is highly engaged, able to comfortably converse about the industry, company, business, role, and their applicable experience.

Have you ever faced a challenging client conversation that had the opportunity to make or break the relationship based on your communication abilities? How did you navigate it?

Mid-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

It is competitive so people need to prepare. Polish your answers, learn the technicals and study what we do before you come to an interview

Why this job, technical questions

Mid-level in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

For a lateral hire, there is an extensive interview process that can involve 5-10 rounds.

Experienced in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Smart, versatile, hard working, energetic

Experienced in Equity Capital Markets | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

I'm a constant partner with HR on hiring, and I do have to say, our methods are exceptionally robust, and the best I've seen anywhere, or in any industry. That was 100% the reason I joined this firm, the impression the hiring process had on me.

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Goldman's HCM department is thorough and effective. HCM has a pulse on the hire market, and works very hard to recruit top talent. Goldman candidates come from a variety of backgrounds and talents, but they all share the common traits of being smart, hard working, thoughtful, and respectful.

The typical candidate at Goldman will do multiple rounds of interviews. While it seems excessive, it is beneficial to both the firm and candidate - in striving to find the best candidate for each roll, Goldman wants to set up both the firm and individual for future success.

Entry-level in Equity Research | Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

For top candidates it tends to happen quickly. For those who are lower tier, the firm puts them on a back burner for a while in case better candidates materialize. Don't see this as drastically different from what other Wall Street banks are doing.

What stock are you interested in and why? What is the street missing? Walk me through the financial statements.

Entry-level in Fixed Income Capital Markets | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

How would you invest a million dollars? Pitch me a stock long or short

Mid-level in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Stock pitch, last book you read, walk me through your resume

Mid-level in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Seeking a hungry, passionate individual who has the ability to not only multitask throughout the day but strive to make the workplace better.

Questions with regards to integrity, ethics, personal finances