3.9 of 5 stars (1,441 Ratings)

Work at Goldman Sachs & Co.? Submit a Review

Displaying 31-40 of 1,441 Employee Reviews

Has exceeded my expectations in almost every way.

Partner/Principal in Private Equity | San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are excellent - highest caliber, most consistent, hardest working. Real consistency of purpose.

Like any large organization, there can be a lot of process - we can't be as entrepreneurial or move as quickly as we'd sometimes prefer.

Advice to Candidates

This is the best possible place to start a career, because it provides a great training ground, a wonderful network, and it opens so many doors. And if you stick with it, it's a great place to build a career.

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking

Miami, FL | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

hard work culture and high ethic standard

Constant growth, pushing and striving together as a team to best deliver for our clients - extremely fulfilling and proud to be part of it.

Executive in Portfolio Management | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people who are engaged at every level as it relates to our clients, firm and passion for what they do and the support the firm providers for all different types of life events.

We benefit from so many aspects of being a large and well resourced firm but the size can at limit flexibility. when critical for clients we always get things done in the moment but big strategic changes to the business can take longer as bigger ship to move

Advice to Candidates

Like any firm who you work for matters but as i have evolved my career i have been able to meet personal objectives in terms of building my skill set, leading teams and being there for my changing family. With hard work and dedication i got the support needed over the long term to make work for me/my family.

Executive in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking

New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exceptionally high quality people.

Very high pressure atmosphere.

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking

Los Angeles, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, high performancce

Empowering

Experienced in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Prestige, they care about people

Demanding and stressful but rewarding and fun

Advice to Candidates

Need to have patience as a junior and make it through for when it gets more fun

Excellent

Executive in Retail Brokerage Services | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

increasingly large

Advice to Candidates

Good firm to build a career at.

Excellent overall experience despite several regime changes over the 17 years here at the firm. Hope to see more growth opportunities soon.

Experienced in Alternate Investments/Hedge Funds | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality people and commitment to clients.

Too lean; need more commitment from management to support the infrastructure of the business. Promotion opportunity is limited depending on your seat.

Advice to Candidates

This is a work hard, play hard culture. People are intelligent, hard working and have the best interests of our clients in mind.

A great place to get challenged and learn from great people on high profile situations

Mid-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

High quality assignment, top clients, top people and mobility opportunities to keep it interesting

Work life balance, progression a bit rigid

fantastic

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking | Seattle, WA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

people, education, compensation